Did anybody seet up wifi calling on the sprint Note 7 ?

masterq1104

May 28, 2012
Visit site
After a week with the sprint Note 7 i received the first OTA with the latest security update for august and of course the wifi calling feature, not originally launch on day 1, but since that day i was unable to set up the feature, shows my address, select ok, then do a check again and is running in loop like that , never work, contact sprint tech support, they reprovisioned the phone again but no luck, never contacted again by sprint, the phone is " doone " anyway, so who cares ??? i do, i love wifi calling but i can't use it, if anybody has the same issues please share with me, i am curious to know if is the OTA failed to activate the feature or is the phone.:-

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Did anybody can be able to set up the wifi calling in the sprint Note 7 ?

Im on sprint and my wifi calling is working correctly

MJW2

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site

After a week with the sprint Note 7 i received the first OTA with the latest security update for august and of course the wifi calling feature, not originally launch on day 1, but since that day i was unable to set up the feature, shows my address, select ok, then do a check again and is running in loop like that , never work, contact sprint tech support, they reprovisioned the phone again but no luck, never contacted again by sprint, the phone is " doone " anyway, so who cares ??? i do, i love wifi calling but i can't use it, if anybody has the same issues please share with me, i am curious to know if is the OTA failed to activate the feature or is the phone.:-

I have experienced the same thing.

NCTRNL2

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site

I'm on AT&T and my wifi calling works OK from what I can tell. Of course the icon turns on and off all the time so who knows if it's REALLY working.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

If you can use it then it's working. I placed test calls.
I'm on AT&T and my wifi calling works OK from what I can tell. Of course the icon turns on and off all the time so who knows if it's REALLY working.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

What the benefit of Wifi calling? I have never used it..

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

I haven't eather but was told say you live in a remote area with poor on no reception but you have wifi at home you could do your calling that way

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Basically having a cell signal no matter what. It just turns the wifi into the cell tower. Great for lower signal areas.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

OK, awesome makes sense. I'm going to have to use it at home.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There is a wi-fi calling icon that will be active in the status bar when you are using wi-fi for calls. I believe you can turn off the cellular radio in settings and then make a call as another way to test it.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I went to setting turned off cellular signal and it would not make any calls with WiFi on and WiFi calling activated. I suppose its working though as I made a call with Wifi calling on and cell signal back on.