Nightmare

spayne5

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I like the note 7, but it is not durable as advertised. I had my phone for 5 days, and dropped it (my fault), and now it is an $800 paper weight. Because of the recall, I took it back to the store that I bought it from, and was told that it has to be in good working order to get the refund or exchange. I contacted Samsung about this problem, and they said to take it back to the retailer that I bought it from, with a ticket number to be able to return the phone. Verizon rep. said (without looking it up) that there was no such number. I was told, and I understand that it is a Samsung problem, and not Verizon. I got the insurance on it, but was told that I can't use that because they don't have a note 7 to replace it with. I am stuck with paying for, and can't use this phone.
What can I do?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I am asking around, hang on.

Edit: Push comes to shove, you have a few other options. I would contact Samsung again, and ask them if there is anything that can be done on their end. You can try another store. Or you can call corporate. LeoRex suggested that you can also print up the info they sent you and speak to a manager.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... keep in mind that the carriers might not be 100% sure what Samsung is going to do, so they are going to treat is as if they will be on the hook... and being Verizon, whatever decision they make is probably not in your favor. But get documentation from Samsung and go in and be firm. Don't argue or act belligerent ... just be firm and if whomever you are talking to disagrees, go over their head. You might have to call corporate, etc... but don't take "Not our problem".

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Contact George Koroneos here ;

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...rizon-preorders-start-tomorrow&token=db0q4CZC

If that doesn't work, contact Lowell McAdam

https://m.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/32pwb8/got_a_problem_email_the_ceo_verizons_executive/

Explain that you have insurance and have no problems paying the deductible but since there is no replacement at the moment, you can't do an insurance claim. You would gladly accept a refund, less insurance deductible.

You can also file a complaint with the bbb and state attorney general.

Techage2020

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
AT&T allow: (not sure why Verizon give you a hard time)

Will I be able to return my Note7 even if it is damaged?
Exchanges and returns will be honored regardless of condition of the Note7 device.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Call corporate. 611... Just acknowledge its your fault you dropped it and be willing to work with them. If you have insurance and they deny it in any way, its grounds in a not so clear way to get out of your contract. It isn't as cut and dry as other ways but it's an acceptable measure to tell them.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I like the note 7, but it is not durable as advertised. I had my phone for 5 days, and dropped it (my fault), and now it is an $800 paper weight. Because of the recall, I took it back to the store that I bought it from, and was told that it has to be in good working order to get the refund or exchange. I contacted Samsung about this problem, and they said to take it back to the retailer that I bought it from, with a ticket number to be able to return the phone. Verizon rep. said (without looking it up) that there was no such number. I was told, and I understand that it is a Samsung problem, and not Verizon. I got the insurance on it, but was told that I can't use that because they don't have a note 7 to replace it with. I am stuck with paying for, and can't use this phone.
What can I do?

Att rep told me they had to take them back for full refund, no matter the condition of phone

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
What can I do?

You really need to talk to the main manager at that Verizon store. Also, make sure it's a corporate store not a reseller. I've been told by my carrier (AT&T) and Best Buy that they are required to take back the Note 7 regardless of condition.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I know BB takes them back no matter the condition. Bricked, broken screens, doesn't matter.

When my replacement is ready, Im going to drop the phone with my current case on to see what damage occurs... Kind of testing the case. So far I've been worried about dropping the phone as I've seen all the occurrences of broken screens already. I have 3 cases and I want to do my own testing to see if they really do protect the phone.

xdroidgalaxy

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I cracked my phone and returned it for a full refund. I had no insurance. VZW said they had an email from corporate to accept all Note 7s unless "they were bent in half"".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18