Alternatives?

csmall

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
With the recall situation being what it is, I went through the reasonable alternatives in my opinion.

My conclusion is that the S7 Edge, iPhone 7P and possibly the upcoming Google Pixel XL are the only worthwhile choices. Assuming the Note 7 is pushed out a month or worse.

Most people have a choice to make.

If the Note 7 didn't exist, what phone would you be going for right now?

I'm leaning towards seeing what the Google Pixel XL has to offer.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
If the Note 7 didn't exist, I'd probably still have my nexus 6p. With that said, having used the S7E for a couple weeks now it's a pretty decent option.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
If the LG V20 was water resistant (Ip68) I would probably go for that. The pixel XL is interesting but nothing still compares to my Note 7 at this point. Not even an S7edge.

csmall

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If the Note 7 didn't exist, I'd probably still have my nexus 6p. With that said, having used the S7E for a couple weeks now it's a pretty decent option.

The 6P seems like a great device. If there were not new Google devices coming really soon I'd consider it.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
My two year Verizon Droid turbo contract is up and the Note 7 was going to be get my money.

Now it looks like I will be heading away from Android with my first ever purchase of an iPhone.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
If the LG V20 was water resistant (Ip68) I would probably go for that. The pixel XL is interesting but nothing still compares to my Note 7 at this point. Not even an S7edge.
I saw a review and the screen isn't that great on the V20 and has light bleed...... No other phone can compare to this display.... And of course the design isn't as easy on the eyes as this phone either...