09-18-2016 12:31 PM
359 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Not so sure that a majority of those that kept their N7 kept using it. I for one broke out my backup phone and put the N7 away. I was waiting for new devices to come in or Sept 30 which ever came first.
    There was an article today that monitors device traffic and showed a minimal delta from pre ban time frame. I thought it would be about 50/50, but apathy and convenience appears the victors
    09-15-2016 11:11 PM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall: Everything you need to know http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...-note-7-recall

The FAA has officially advised against using or charging the Note 7 while on flights, and now that the CPSC has officially recalled the phone it's actually illegal to do so.
    That would be the tainted ones and not the replacements.
    09-15-2016 11:13 PM
    That would be the tainted ones and not the replacements.
    Not until they say that.

I would expect the respective agencies to give an "all clear" announcement when they're allowed again.
    09-15-2016 11:15 PM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall: Everything you need to know Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall: Everything you need to know | Android Central

The FAA has officially advised against using or charging the Note 7 while on flights, and now that the CPSC has officially recalled the phone it's actually illegal to do so.
    As of last weekend there was no official announcement. Now that they do I'm all for it. I don't have any travel plans in the next 3 weeks or so, by then then I would be able to get a replacement. They don't want you to USE it or CHARGE it while on flight. But nothing says you cannot carry it in your possession. I'm not talking about myself, bu there are a lot of people out there that are not up to speed with all these information. If somebody will be using it in a flight, they might just tell him/her to to power it off. If he/she don't follow then that's another story.
    Planes, yes they could monitor passengers, but what about subways, Path trains? You pay at the gate and there's no personnel on board.

Like what I mentioned previously, by next month, carriers will probably send signals to all Notes 7s that are not returned and that will put an end to everything, The gov. agency can lift the restriction then.That way, there will be no confusion if people start using their new Note 7s on airplanes or such.
    09-16-2016 12:22 AM
    TSA should just add a third? line for ONLY passengers with a NOTE 7. That way it doesn't interfere with the rest of the protocols for all the other lines.
    NO way. If I can no longer use the TSA Precheck line there are going to be problems!!

I personally think people are making themselves way too worked up on flying. It would be impossible for them to check all carry on and all checked luggage for a phone. Now that the recall is official, I find it even less of a chance that they would ever consider it. This whole thing happened while I am on a business trip and I fly back home this weekend. I won't be using my Note 7 nor charging it, but I certainly don't expect them to even notice it when I go through security or even ask to check it. They'll make the announcements, but I think that's really all they can do.

(and if i miss my flight because of this, i'll come back here to *****. hahahaha)
    09-16-2016 12:40 AM
    President of Samsung America spoke on the recall.

http://engt.co/2cA6a6u
    09-16-2016 12:57 AM
    Those who got email directly from Samsung, did you buy from Samsung directly or are you signed up with them?
    I got my phone through Verizon, registered the phone on the Samsung website.

Got an email from Samsung.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    09-16-2016 03:22 AM
    So my question is...how will the airlines, subways, etc... know you have a new phone?
    Lol subway? Keep it in your purse
    09-16-2016 03:23 AM
    Got my email too, anybody still have and are using their phone?
    I am, and I am not paranoid, next Wed will be here soon enough
    09-16-2016 03:26 AM
    lol I'd go completely the other way, never purchase a phone direct from a carrier and always get it straight from the manufacturer
    Don't purchase from Samsung.com..it's a mess over here. Even before the recall..
    coolbreeze78 likes this.
    09-16-2016 03:29 AM
    Of course.. There was no definitive replacement timeline so it makes sense. As much as I give in to caution, there was no way they were getting my phone without a clear plan and date. I did, however, power it down and go back to my N4 in the interim. It 's just a number, and there's no way to interpret how many were still being used.

Many others didn't have luck with returning or exchanging, couldn't due to driving distance, etc etc. There are many reasons. I'm just glad we're on the way to recovery now, and like was said already, we can now get back to tech info, advice, tweaking, and such.

In short... Woohoo!
    Also, anyone who bought through Samsung.com/us STILL have no way to send it back. I have been waiting on a shipping label since day 1. Last word I heard was that they use FedEx and FedEx won't ship the recalled note 7's. Don't understand why Samsung.com/us can't do the same policy that Samsung.com/ca is doing. They are shipping the replacement phones to their customers and then the customer can turn the phone back in locally.
    coolbreeze78 likes this.
    09-16-2016 03:36 AM
    I am, and I am not paranoid, next Wed will be here soon enough
    Still using it. Will continue to until the replacement arrives.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-16-2016 05:23 AM
    Safe time to buy apple stocks i am guessing. Unless their phone starts exploding now
    09-16-2016 06:07 AM
    I got an email last night from Samsung and the new phones will be coming out on the 21st.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-16-2016 06:31 AM
    Safe time to buy apple stocks i am guessing. Unless their phone starts exploding now
    Have you seen Apple stock over the list week? You are too late!
    jbcatl and soulsmilen like this.
    09-16-2016 07:02 AM
    The news said that because it's an official recall, it would be illegal to resell the bad phones. So if true, those who sell phones may want to make sure to get the good ones. I just trade mine in.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-16-2016 07:09 AM
    President of Samsung America spoke on the recall.

http://engt.co/2cA6a6u
    And has everyone powered down the note 7 after watching that video
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-16-2016 07:10 AM
    I hope samsung keeps their 21st September promise and doesn't goof up there. I also hope the phones come in all colors and carriers because I remember the blue was in high demand and less supply when it launched.
    09-16-2016 07:15 AM
    I hope samsung keeps their 21st September promise and doesn't goof up there. I also hope the phones come in all colors and carriers because I remember the blue was in high demand and less supply when it launched.
    Yes but I've read that many with the blue, including me, would rather switch to one of the other colors.
    09-16-2016 07:17 AM
    I'm doubtful.
    09-16-2016 07:19 AM
    Yes but I've read that many with the blue, including me, would rather switch to one of the other colors.
    I am ok with blue or black.
    09-16-2016 07:30 AM
    Not so sure that a majority of those that kept their N7 kept using it. I for one broke out my backup phone and put the N7 away. I was waiting for new devices to come in or Sept 30 which ever came first.
    Well I considered pulling my Note 3 out of the drawer and using it for the next week, but the SIM cards are different sizes and I don't have an adapter, so the N7 stays in service.

Despite all the hype, there have still been less than 100 incidents out of 2+ million phones, so the chances of my phone ending up like Mr. Phelps' tape recorder in the next 6 days are virtually nil. There's no point in getting a loaner phone for 6 days so I plan to keep on using my N7 until I can swap it out.
    09-16-2016 07:39 AM
    Hope springs eternal.
    09-16-2016 07:43 AM
    I'll power down when I get my replacement lol...i dont care about the judgment it brings
    Nostromo79 and Carlo Villa like this.
    09-16-2016 07:48 AM
    I'll power down when I get my replacement lol...i dont care about the judgment it brings
    That's right. Ship a new one to my address of record and I'll bring the defective device to the designated drop. No police or the Note7 gets it.
    TamRae65 and juliesdroidsync like this.
    09-16-2016 07:51 AM
359 ... 1011121314 ...