09-18-2016 12:31 PM
359 ... 12131415
tools
    There isn't one yet, to my knowledge. I was just stating that since only 15% have been returned and there's still others stubbornly ignoring a government recall, it may be time for Samsung to force the issue.
    They cant. At least not till they have given an adequate amount of time for people to exchange. An exchange that is still not available. I'd say, sometime next month, they may do this, but they really can't at this point.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-16-2016 11:28 AM
    Oh also one more thing on that note -- it will work with ANY cell signal the phone can connect to. Such as it isn't just locked to a T-Mobile or Verizon signal (and so on). The phone will reach out and any tower that can accept the signal for the 911 call will allow it to hook up and dial.
    Makes paying the monthly 911 fee we all pay seem like a scam. You can just keep a clunker flip phone around for emergencies...free.
    09-16-2016 12:22 PM
    Makes paying the monthly 911 fee we all pay seem like a scam. You can just keep a clunker flip phone around for emergencies...free.
    We the taxes pay for that service to be like that. It's a law for carriers to have it work this way. They can't refuse a 911 call.
    09-16-2016 12:24 PM
    We the taxes pay for that service to be like that. It's a law for carriers to have it work this way. They can't refuse a 911 call.
    I understand the way it's designed...we all pay so it works for anyone, everywhere, forever. I just find it kinda funny for some reason.
    09-16-2016 12:35 PM
    I just found out from someone I will not name. This whole fiasco is being paid for by the government. The government wanted a way to get millions of fingerprints and iris scans on a data base. They will have names, and addresses of millions of people now. It is labeled as "The Scully Files"
    09-16-2016 12:38 PM
    I just found out from someone I will not name. This whole fiasco is being paid for by the government. The government wanted a way to get millions of fingerprints and iris scans on a data base. They will have names, and addresses of millions of people now.
    Cough: Alex Jones Cough:
    09-16-2016 12:39 PM
    How would the government get access to any of the devices or the databases through this process? Sorry, sounds made up. They'll never actually have the devices, customer rolls, etc, let alone encryption keys.
    09-16-2016 12:42 PM
    I just found out from someone I will not name. This whole fiasco is being paid for by the government. The government wanted a way to get millions of fingerprints and iris scans on a data base. They will have names, and addresses of millions of people now.
    09-16-2016 12:51 PM
    How would the government get access to any of the devices or the databases through this process? Sorry, sounds made up. They'll never actually have the devices, customer rolls, etc, let alone encryption keys.
    Nope...It is a secret operative unofficially labeled as "the Scully Files"
    09-16-2016 12:54 PM
    I think someone needs to adjust their tin foil hat
    09-16-2016 01:25 PM
    I just found out from someone I will not name. This whole fiasco is being paid for by the government. The government wanted a way to get millions of fingerprints and iris scans on a data base. They will have names, and addresses of millions of people now. It is labeled as "The Scully Files"
    made me laugh... I needed that, thanks! :-) Seriously, though... I will not be turning in my exploding kitten until I've done a factory reset first. just not gonna happen otherwise.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-16-2016 01:47 PM
    Verizon has officially stated via text this morning confirming they will have replacements Wed 21st
    09-16-2016 02:19 PM
    Oh! That's nice =)
    09-16-2016 02:20 PM
    Same from Samsung (made official yesterday). Government approved and they can start handing these out 'no later than the 21st', so chances are stores that already have replacement units might start the exchanges on Monday.
    09-16-2016 02:21 PM
    Same from Samsung (made official yesterday). Government approved and they can start handing these out 'no later than the 21st', so chances are stores that already have replacement units might start the exchanges on Monday.
    Customer care said stores won't have until Wednesday but I will call. Lol.
    09-16-2016 02:26 PM
    i have yet to receive any communication from Verizon about anything regarding the note 7 recall. I have received email from Samsung but not one word from Verizon.
    09-16-2016 02:32 PM
    i have yet to receive any communication from Verizon about anything regarding the note 7 recall. I have received email from Samsung but not one word from Verizon.
    Unfortunately carriers and stores will be doing this on a First In, First Out basis, and obviously inventory will be scarce at first, but I'd expect that all initial orders would be back in inventory within a week.

As for inventory, not all stores got theirs 'early', but some have confirmed in Best Buys and some carrier stores that they've been sitting in warehouse for a few days awaiting the government's approval to release.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-16-2016 02:48 PM
    Samsung recalls 1M Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones

Hector Abruña, director of the Energy Materials Center at Cornell University and an expert on lithium ion batteries, says Samsung is to blame for trying to create what he calls a thinner “club sandwich” — a layer of electrodes stacked in the phone’s battery — to give its devices a sleek design.

“In an effort to minimize weight and volume, Samsung used a separator that was too thin and this gave rise to shorts which made the batteries get very hot and fail catastrophically,” Abruna says.

So was Samsung able to fix this and keep same thickness or are the new Note 7's thicker?
    or... will the new batteries have less capacity?
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-16-2016 03:02 PM
    <TinFoilHat>Think you may be on to something there!</TinfoilHat> :-P
    09-16-2016 03:06 PM
    or... will the new batteries have less capacity?
    Same specs, nothings changed except the battery maker...
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    09-16-2016 03:20 PM
    I ordered mine through Samsung.com. I have an AT&T phone. They said I can't get the replacement at an AT&T store. The way they are handling it is they will send me a label in a few weeks (?????) and I will ship it back and they will refund me, they won't exchange it. He said that is how they decided to handle it. I called an AT&T store and they agreed that is what I need to do.
    09-16-2016 03:23 PM
    I ordered mine through Samsung.com. I have an AT&T phone. They said I can't get the replacement at an AT&T store. The way they are handling it is they will send me a label in a few weeks (?????) and I will ship it back and they will refund me, they won't exchange it. He said that is how they decided to handle it. I called an AT&T store and they agreed that is what I need to do.
    Marla523,

That is the same story we are all getting from Samsung.com. Won't order from them again . Except to get my new one.
    09-16-2016 03:40 PM
    I think someone needs to adjust their tin foil hat
    I am waiting for it to be a "lightning" deal on amazon.
    09-16-2016 03:49 PM
    made me laugh... I needed that, thanks! :-) Seriously, though... I will not be turning in my exploding kitten until I've done a factory reset first. just not gonna happen otherwise.
    I am glad you took it for what is was. Thanks!
    09-16-2016 03:50 PM
    Someone told me it was a plot by ISIS. Another guy told me it was a plan by Apple to infiltrate the Samsung battery factory to sabotage the batteries and even another guy told me it was disgruntled employees from Samsung SDI. It is amazing how rumors spread these days via the internet!
    09-16-2016 03:51 PM
359 ... 12131415