09-18-2016 12:31 PM
359 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Haha, I was thinking the same thing. They'll hide in their little corners probably.
    Pretty much.... Lol.
    09-15-2016 03:45 PM
    97% affected -- so much for the "Mine doesn't have the issue" claims from before huh? .
    I guess I'm in that 3% I wasn't in a hurry to exchange the Note 7 but I'll go ahead and get it swapped out now for the new and improved version. I couldn't go without it and didn't want to go through the hassle that everyone was describing they were going through anyway. But even at that I'm not going to go get in the line or wait forever I'm just going to call them and let them know that I will receive it at home whenever they wish to send it to me.
    Anyone find and Verizon stores that have the replacements?
    I guess I'm in that 3% I wasn't in a hurry to exchange the Note 7 but I'll go ahead and get it swapped out now for the new and improved version. I couldn't go without it and didn't want to go through the hassle that everyone was described in there going through anyway. But even at that I'm not going to go get in the line or wait forever I'm just going to call them and let them know that I will receive it at home whenever they wish to send it to me.
    I had zero hassle. I just walked in, returned, walked out. Took around ~15 mins.
    09-15-2016 03:46 PM
    now comes the chaos of how the carriers will handle all of this.
    scottishlassy, robber and jbcatl like this.
    None here or bb..
    The "chicken littlers" here have been absurd from day one. Why is everyone looking for worst-case scenarios everywhere?
    Calling all those Debbie downers and saying taking months.. Like to see where you are now lol.
    Ill be calling my local corporate store tomorrow to find out.
    Nothing for Sam's Club buyers.
    They are still in the dark ages.
    Ya last time I but from sams club it's a joke.. 150 gift card not worth it
    09-15-2016 03:47 PM
    As we are all happy this is taking a lot quicker than expected, this has been very bad for Samsung.

Samsung stock is at a 28 year low.
    Maybe a good time to buy Samsung stock if they launch a media campaign for new safe N7.
    spridell, Ca_lvn and WalkingHorse like this.
    Turns out it's not 100% of the devices, but only 97% in the US, which admittedly is still pretty bad, but at least some of us do have a good one. At least the IMEI checker can go back and we can have the link here again. It is officially Android Central approved.

New Samsung site tells you if your Galaxy Note 7 is safe [Update: Taken down] | Android Central
    You should stop using your phone immediately and start the return/exchange process. It's pretty simple really. There is NO logic that says keep the phone you have right now.

Remedy

Consumers should immediately stop using and power down the recalled Galaxy Note7 devices purchased before September 15, 2016. Contact the wireless carrier, retail outlet or Samsung.com where you purchased your device to receive free of charge a new Galaxy Note7 with a different battery, a refund or a new replacement device. Go to www.samsung.com for more details.
    Almeuit likes this.
    The "chicken littlers" here have been absurd from day one. Why is everyone looking for worst-case scenarios everywhere?
    I guess I'm one of them. I'm happy with my edge and won't return it. I will probably get an Note 8 or S8 Edge next year anyways. I might only be stuck with the Edge for 4 months if they release the new one earlier as rumored next year.
    Only 97% of 1million phones in the US. So 3% of us have good phones.
    97% affected -- so much for the "Mine doesn't have the issue" claims from before huh? .
    09-15-2016 03:48 PM
    Easier to be negative then positive.
    For those who currently own note 7 we should see ours replaced with the new battery approved ones no later than sept 21st if I read correctly. Relief !
    scottishlassy likes this.
    Only 97% of 1million phones in the US. So 3% of us have good phones.
    My point was -- everyone claimed there was no way they had a bad one and how all these news stories are "hoaxes" when they obviously weren't.
    bbqdroid likes this.
    09-15-2016 03:49 PM
    From Samsung directly:

5. When can I buy a new Note7?
    Our first priority will be to provide exchange program participants with a new Note7 as approved by the CPSC. New Note7s will be available at your carrier and retail outlets no later than September 21, 2016.
    Auckland that I didn't just keep mine. I just turned it in a couple of days ago. Darn!
    09-15-2016 03:49 PM
    Once they put up the IMEI checker, I will. I ordered my replacement this morning. If I have a bad one per the checker I will accept the replacement and switch over to my N4 until I get the N7 replacement. ONLY if the IMEI checker says I have a bad one.
    You should stop using your phone immediately and start the return/exchange process. It's pretty simple really. There is NO logic that says keep the phone you have right now.

Remedy

Consumers should immediately stop using and power down the recalled Galaxy Note7 devices purchased before September 15, 2016. Contact the wireless carrier, retail outlet or Samsung.com where you purchased your device to receive free of charge a new Galaxy Note7 with a different battery, a refund or a new replacement device. Go to www.samsung.com for more details.
    09-15-2016 03:50 PM
    Anyone find a store that's giving out the replacements?
    09-15-2016 03:51 PM
    Now will we be able ship them back to the carriers or have to be hand delivered to stores?
    Just plugged my IMEI in and got this:

Attention:Your Galaxy Note7 is an affected device and is subject to this recall. It is extremely important to stop using your device, power it down immediately and contact your carrier or retail outlet to exchange it.

Now, I've had it turned off since 9/2, but I've been hanging on to it until I could do a straight across exchange for another Note 7. Turned it on to get the IMEI and it got warm. Not going to lie, scared the you know what out of me. I've turned it back off and it's cooled down now.
    Auckland that I didn't just keep mine. I just turned it in a couple of days ago. Darn!
    I did too for an S7 Edge which I like. I have to work most of next week and the deadline approaching and all. Oh well.

The s8 is rumored to be out earlier than usual. I'm sure a lot of users on this forum will jump to the S8 Edge when it comes out. That is what Note users do. They get the new Edge, then later in the year are back to the Note lol.
    Once they put up the IMEI checker, I will. I ordered my replacement this morning. If I have a bad one per the checker I will accept the replacement and switch over to my N4 until I get the N7 replacement. ONLY if the IMEI checker says I have a bad one.
    The IMEI checker is available on samsungs website.
    Pretty much.... Lol.
    Nope I'm here, happy I was proven wrong.
    dadsterflip likes this.
    09-15-2016 03:53 PM
    Until then there is a 97% chance that your phone IS affected. A 97% chance that it could catch fire.

Again, there is no logic that says it's a good idea to keep using it.
    09-15-2016 03:53 PM
359 ... 23456 ...