09-18-2016 12:31 PM
359 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Every note 7 phone that was sold before 9/15/16 are affected. No matter where your note 7 was made, every imei that isn't one of the new ones will say affected.
    09-15-2016 04:40 PM
    92 report issues so far. Before it's all said and done probably around 200 total imo.

Is the Note 7 still going to have a stigma to it as the Note that caught fire?
    09-15-2016 04:40 PM
    Would be interesting if Samsung is using the IMEI checker to absolve them from future lawsuits.... Just think...
    Consumer - My N7 caught fire and burned down my house. I am suing you.
    Samsung - Didn't you get our text and know about the recall?
    Consumer - Not at all. There is a recall?
    Samsung - Yes there is. You checked your IMEI on 9/15/16 and we verified that it was affected.

They are saying 97% but I think they are just using this checker for information purposes...

Dunno, just a thought.
    I don't disagree with you at all. Involving the CPSC and having a checker is definitely a way of mitigating future litigation. No conspiracy there.

The side effect of doing everything possible to get all of the affected devices back is that it becomes VERY difficult to prove that you didn't receive notice of the recall.
    amtrucker22 likes this.
    09-15-2016 04:43 PM
    So we found out there's a recall and our options are the same as before. Glad the CPSC got involved...
    LOL! Yes, I feel much safer now... having been delayed a week longer to get my replacement thanks to their involvement... my tax dollars hard at work! (and yes, mine is a verified "exploding kitten")

(I base that delay timeframe off calling Sammy last week. Last week, they told me I'd be able to get a new one this week. When I couldn't get a new one this week, I called Sammy again early this a.m. who told me basically that they had to wait on the CPSC.)
    09-15-2016 04:43 PM
    The new Note7 has just been approved by the CPSC and it will be available next week on sept 21. I'm returning mine for a safe Note7, so not switching to another device.
    09-15-2016 04:44 PM
    Right here. Got no problem being wrong because the fact remains this debacle has turned myself and many more off from Samsung. I personally had my last 3 phones from them be complete busts (S3, S7 Active and the Note 7) so I decided to jump ship and not look back. I am still keeping up with the news for an employee who is waiting for his Note 7 to be replaced.

So yeah the Note 7 is an incredible phone made by, imo, an incompetent company. Hopefully this is the last issue with the phones.
    I understand and I was frustrated too but it didn't really turn me away even doh I've been a nexus user for 5 years now. What I can say though. I think it just makes the company a little bit more better. They will triple check their quality control and make sure this crap doesn't happen again. Just like us touching a hot stove. Would we do it again? Nope.

Plus things happen.
    bbqdroid likes this.
    09-15-2016 04:46 PM
    If I had the funds to do so we would be having this conversation.
    If you return the 7 for a full refund you'll have more than enough money to buy a Note 4, yes?
    09-15-2016 04:46 PM
    Sept 21 people !!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š just be patient, next wed
    09-15-2016 04:48 PM
    The CPSC noted on the press event that the issue lies with the SDI batteries...
    09-15-2016 04:51 PM
    Sept 21 people !!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š just be patient, next wed
    That's depending on how fast your store gets them though.
    09-15-2016 04:51 PM
    My point was -- everyone claimed there was no way they had a bad one and how all these news stories are "hoaxes" when they obviously weren't.
    97% affected rate does not mean 97% failure rate. HUGE difference.

I was certain that Samsung was recalling all the note7s shipped because it 'could' fail. Not because it will or has.
    treedabl, AdamHLG and jlczl like this.
    09-15-2016 04:52 PM
    I am still not turned off by samsung and while there may be a stigma I have seen many people actually loved this phone regardless so may not be so bad after all for the brand :/.. I could be wrong. Can't wait for the good note 7
    09-15-2016 04:54 PM
    92 report issues so far. Before it's all said and done probably around 200 total imo.

Is the Note 7 still going to have a stigma to it as the Note that caught fire?
    Probably, but I think those that want the phone will be able to look past that now. Idk what I'm going to do. I'm a bit dissapointed now that I exchanged, not because I wish I had kept a dangerous device, but that the evening I exchanged was the same evening that loaner S7 edge's became a possibility. I feel like I am being punished because I was proactive and tried to do the right thing. Maybe TMobile will allow me to go back to the Note 7 when it becomes available again. Idk.
    09-15-2016 04:56 PM
    I've already turned mine in - so going to exchange..
    How do you get an exchange if you already turned it in?
    I'm amazed that people continue to have this misconception about these batteries.. :P
    scottishlassy likes this.
    97% affected rate does not mean 97% failure rate. HUGE difference.

I was certain that Samsung was recalling all the note7s shipped because it 'could' fail. Not because it will or has.
    And? That has nothing to do with what I said.
    09-15-2016 04:57 PM
    should be on your receipt... that's where I got mine - marked as "RETURN"
    09-15-2016 04:58 PM
    If you return the 7 for a full refund you'll have more than enough money to buy a Note 4, yes?
    On the more everything family plan. Verizon. I was told by Verizon if I were to take any phone like the Note 5 or S7 it will be an upgrade from my Note 4. And if just if we did not get get the Replacement Note 7 by September 30 I would be stuck with the phone. Also the rep said if it cane earlier I would have to pay a restocking fee. For something that was not my fault. I even brought them the print out from Samsung. He took it in the back then said refurbished Note 5. I asked for something in writing that I would not be stuck with the phone when Note 7 replacement is released. They said we can not give you nothing in writing. Bottom line is that I still have my Note 7.
    09-15-2016 05:01 PM
    Experiencing longer than normal wait times with Samsung haha no kidding ... Just got off the phone woth Sam's club and they said they won't be doing exchange for note 7s just the S7 .. uh complete bs
    09-15-2016 05:03 PM
    That's depending on how fast your store gets them though.
    ^^^, I called my local T-Mobile store here in the Seattle area and he said they already got an updated email after the announcement saying 1.5 weeks to 2 weeks the soonest but there was no mention as of to how many replacement phones they will even get in the shipments.
    09-15-2016 05:03 PM
    It's possible they were storing them for approval before distributing them to all the stores, just so they wouldn't have to send them all back. Maybe that means they are released to ship to the stores now. Hence, the 'no later than 9/21" date.
    09-15-2016 05:04 PM
    I find it odd that for weeks now, we've been told to turn our phones off and don't use them. Yet the Samsung website only gives you instructions on how to find your IMEI # by turning the phone on and looking for it.
    They now also say look at the back of the phone, which is what I initially did. But they also know that most of us (I admit, myself included) love their exploding kittens so much they haven't shut them off, so why not give a quick way to find the IMEI/serial number?

It IS extremely hard to read those small numbers off the back of the phone...

case in point - I got one number wrong, and initially the site told me my phone was fine. To verify, I installed the Samsung +, which then told me I had a "hot" one... <arghh>
    scottishlassy likes this.
    09-15-2016 05:04 PM
    Where can I get the IMEI if I already returned my phone? I'm just curious if mine was affected
    It's printed on the back of your phone, at the bottom. It is faint print & hard to see, but a flashlight helps.
    09-15-2016 05:05 PM
    How do you get an exchange if you already turned it in?
    If you have a loaner then you take it in, if you turned it in and got a full refund then you are going to have to wait until everyone who still has there Note 7 or a loaner gets a replacement; then they will start selling them to the public again.
    09-15-2016 05:06 PM
    Probably, but I think those that want the phone will be able to look past that now. Idk what I'm going to do. I'm a bit dissapointed now that I exchanged, not because I wish I had kept a dangerous device, but that the evening I exchanged was the same evening that loaner S7 edge's became a possibility. I feel like I am being punished because I was proactive and tried to do the right thing. Maybe TMobile will allow me to go back to the Note 7 when it becomes available again. Idk.
    You have a 14 day return window, yes? Are you past that already?
    09-15-2016 05:08 PM
359 ... 56789 ...