CPSC Formal Recall Announced - Exchange / Return Your Phones

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
My point was -- everyone claimed there was no way they had a bad one and how all these news stories are "hoaxes" when they obviously weren't.

97% affected rate does not mean 97% failure rate. HUGE difference.

I was certain that Samsung was recalling all the note7s shipped because it 'could' fail. Not because it will or has.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I am still not turned off by samsung and while there may be a stigma I have seen many people actually loved this phone regardless so may not be so bad after all for the brand :/.. I could be wrong. Can't wait for the good note 7

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
92 report issues so far. Before it's all said and done probably around 200 total imo.

Is the Note 7 still going to have a stigma to it as the Note that caught fire?

Probably, but I think those that want the phone will be able to look past that now. Idk what I'm going to do. I'm a bit dissapointed now that I exchanged, not because I wish I had kept a dangerous device, but that the evening I exchanged was the same evening that loaner S7 edge's became a possibility. I feel like I am being punished because I was proactive and tried to do the right thing. Maybe TMobile will allow me to go back to the Note 7 when it becomes available again. Idk.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
97% affected rate does not mean 97% failure rate. HUGE difference.

I was certain that Samsung was recalling all the note7s shipped because it 'could' fail. Not because it will or has.

And? That has nothing to do with what I said.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If you return the 7 for a full refund you'll have more than enough money to buy a Note 4, yes?
On the more everything family plan. Verizon. I was told by Verizon if I were to take any phone like the Note 5 or S7 it will be an upgrade from my Note 4. And if just if we did not get get the Replacement Note 7 by September 30 I would be stuck with the phone. Also the rep said if it cane earlier I would have to pay a restocking fee. For something that was not my fault. I even brought them the print out from Samsung. He took it in the back then said refurbished Note 5. I asked for something in writing that I would not be stuck with the phone when Note 7 replacement is released. They said we can not give you nothing in writing. Bottom line is that I still have my Note 7.

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Experiencing longer than normal wait times with Samsung haha no kidding ... Just got off the phone woth Sam's club and they said they won't be doing exchange for note 7s just the S7 .. uh complete bs

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
That's depending on how fast your store gets them though.

^^^, I called my local T-Mobile store here in the Seattle area and he said they already got an updated email after the announcement saying 1.5 weeks to 2 weeks the soonest but there was no mention as of to how many replacement phones they will even get in the shipments.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It's possible they were storing them for approval before distributing them to all the stores, just so they wouldn't have to send them all back. Maybe that means they are released to ship to the stores now. Hence, the 'no later than 9/21" date.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I find it odd that for weeks now, we've been told to turn our phones off and don't use them. Yet the Samsung website only gives you instructions on how to find your IMEI # by turning the phone on and looking for it.

They now also say look at the back of the phone, which is what I initially did. But they also know that most of us (I admit, myself included) love their exploding kittens so much they haven't shut them off, so why not give a quick way to find the IMEI/serial number?

It IS extremely hard to read those small numbers off the back of the phone...

case in point - I got one number wrong, and initially the site told me my phone was fine. To verify, I installed the Samsung +, which then told me I had a "hot" one... <arghh>

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Formal recall being announced by CPSC today at 4:15

How do you get an exchange if you already turned it in?
If you have a loaner then you take it in, if you turned it in and got a full refund then you are going to have to wait until everyone who still has there Note 7 or a loaner gets a replacement; then they will start selling them to the public again.

bbqdroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Probably, but I think those that want the phone will be able to look past that now. Idk what I'm going to do. I'm a bit dissapointed now that I exchanged, not because I wish I had kept a dangerous device, but that the evening I exchanged was the same evening that loaner S7 edge's became a possibility. I feel like I am being punished because I was proactive and tried to do the right thing. Maybe TMobile will allow me to go back to the Note 7 when it becomes available again. Idk.

You have a 14 day return window, yes? Are you past that already?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2