CPSC Formal Recall Announced - Exchange / Return Your Phones

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Formal recall being announced by CPSC today at 4:15

So far nothing about the supposed replacement Note 7's that we can do an even swap for or any timeline these replacements will be available. This blows.

yankees2287

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

so does this mean that they approved the new phones? the feed cut out and i didnt catch the end

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

All he said was exchange them for a new phone. Didn't say anything about new Note 7s and none of the dopes in the room apparently asked.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

If you read between the lines on the Samsung website, it does look like the CPSC has approved the new ones

Spazzbk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

Well at least there's no full cancelation of the Note7 line. I'm pretty sure since they said it can be replaced with another Note 7 sans an sdi battery, they will be in shortly.

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

so does this mean that they approved the new phones?

Apparently so:

5. When can I buy a new Note7?

Our first priority will be to provide exchange program participants with a new Note7 as approved by the CPSC. New Note7s will be available at your carrier and retail outlets no later than September 21, 2016.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...sung.com%2Fus%2Fnote7recall%2F&token=4BeYelps

rtwright68

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site

I had the old receipt for the Note7 I returned to AT&T and it is on the affected list.

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

I have a ticking time bomb .. wish they would have said when replacements will be out ... Just have a 2 hour drive each to swap out mine since my Verizon won't take it since i didnt buy it from them

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

So we found out there's a recall and our options are the same as before. Glad the CPSC got involved...;)

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

It says samsung Note 7's purchased before sept 15th. I hope all the replacements are good.

Dang though, 97 percent of phones in the US part of the recall. Wow. I didn't think the affect devices where going to be that high. They better get producing these replacements fast, and any word if they will sell new models or just replace everyone's and that's it for awhile for US sales.

This is gonna hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow