CPSC Formal Recall Announced - Exchange / Return Your Phones

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Formal recall being announced by CPSC today at 4:15

Directly from the CPSC - Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note7 Smartphones Due to Serious Fire and Burn Hazards | CPSC.gov
*According to statement below we should be able to swap for new Note 7s*

Description

This recall involves the Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphone sold before September 15, 2016. The recalled devices have a 5.7 inch screen and were sold in the following colors: black onyx, blue coral, gold platinum and silver titanium with a matching stylus. Samsung is printed on the top front of the phone and Galaxy Note7 is printed on the back of the phone.

To determine if your phone has been recalled, locate the IMEI number on the back of the phone or the packaging, and enter the IMEI number into the online registration site Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US or call Samsung toll-free at 844-365-6197.
Incidents/Injuries

Samsung has received 92 reports of the batteries overheating in the U.S., including 26 reports of burns and 55 reports of property damage, including fires in cars and a garage.
Remedy

Consumers should immediately stop using and power down the recalled Galaxy Note7 devices purchased before September 15, 2016. Contact the wireless carrier, retail outlet or Samsung.com where you purchased your device to receive free of charge a new Galaxy Note7 with a different battery, a refund or a new replacement device. Go to Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US for more details.

Carrier/Retailer
Phone
Web
AT&T
1-800-331-0500
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../https://www.att.com/esupport/&token=LTagUBX2
Best Buy
1-888-237-7289
Galaxy Note7 Information - Best Buy
Sprint
1-888-211-4727
News Releases | Sprint Newsroom
T-Mobile
1-844-275-9309
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...amsung-galaxy-note7-recall%233&token=UgzR2ayO
U.S. Cellular
1-888-944-9400
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tps://www.uscellular.com/about&token=JXWXsSxY
Verizon
1-800-922-0204
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...//www.verizon.com/smartphones/&token=hpnG6liL
Sold at

Wireless carriers and electronic stores nationwide, including AT&T, Best Buy, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon stores and online at Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US and other websites from August 2016 through September 2016 for between $850 and $890.
Manufacturer(s)

Samsung Electronics America Inc., of Ridgefield Park, N.J.
Manufactured in

South Korea and China

Spazzbk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

I have a ticking time bomb .. wish they would have said when replacements will be out ... Just have a 2 hour drive each to swap out mine since my Verizon won't take it since i didnt buy it from them

According to Samsung no later than the 21st

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Samsung has updated their website and it says new phones no later than 9/21

So it looks like this went really quickly

Chuck Young

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
From Samsung directly:

5. When can I buy a new Note7?
Our first priority will be to provide exchange program participants with a new Note7 as approved by the CPSC. New Note7s will be available at your carrier and retail outlets no later than September 21, 2016.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh man this just made my day!! Finally some solid information. I can put this nightmare to rest and get on with enjoying my upcoming new Note 7! :D Just ordered my Otterbox Defender to use on hikes and the beach in addition to my Symmetry for daily use.

Appreciate all the great information from everyone on this board. Very little signal/noise ratio. Thanks all!

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
As we are all happy this is taking a lot quicker than expected, this has been very bad for Samsung.

Samsung stock is at a 28 year low.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
97% affected -- so much for the "Mine doesn't have the issue" claims from before huh? :).
I guess I'm in that 3% I wasn't in a hurry to exchange the Note 7 but I'll go ahead and get it swapped out now for the new and improved version. I couldn't go without it and didn't want to go through the hassle that everyone was describing they were going through anyway. But even at that I'm not going to go get in the line or wait forever I'm just going to call them and let them know that I will receive it at home whenever they wish to send it to me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm in that 3% I wasn't in a hurry to exchange the Note 7 but I'll go ahead and get it swapped out now for the new and improved version. I couldn't go without it and didn't want to go through the hassle that everyone was described in there going through anyway. But even at that I'm not going to go get in the line or wait forever I'm just going to call them and let them know that I will receive it at home whenever they wish to send it to me.

I had zero hassle. I just walked in, returned, walked out. Took around ~15 mins.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang