CPSC Formal Recall Announced - Exchange / Return Your Phones

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Anyone returning or returned and purchase later?

For the peeps who have a backup phone, did anyone return theirs, or plan on returning it for full refund, then a couple months later closer to Christmas shopping season when the new phones for SALE are on the shelves, will you pick one up? Just stating that because I would think there will be some big price slashes with these Note 7s now due to the reputation being recalled.

Did anyone consider this?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Formal recall being announced by CPSC today at 4:15

Once they put up the IMEI checker, I will. I ordered my replacement this morning. If I have a bad one per the checker I will accept the replacement and switch over to my N4 until I get the N7 replacement. ONLY if the IMEI checker says I have a bad one.

The IMEI check is online -- Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am holding on to my GNote 7 until I get the replacement. I watch the phone until fully charged. I keep the phone cooled at all times. Unplugged while I sleep at night. I am hoping that the new phone is released next week. I use my phone for business. Can't use the S7. I use the S-Pen all the time. Cannot use The Note 5 no MicroSD and can not use a Flash drive. Verizon will not give me a Note 4 which I turned in. That and the Note 7 are The only phones that I can use.

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Formal recall being announced by CPSC today at 4:15

According to CPSC - yes..

Not sure how they can say "all note 7s made before september 15th are affected" and theres 3 percent not affected. Technically phones havent been for sale since well before the 15th...so where did that 3 percent come from if all were within the "affected" range?

ddymond

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just called 3 "AT&T company" stores in Miami Fl. and each gave me a different answer. One said they are getting replacement phones next week. I was clear that I had a current Note 7 and needed to do an exchange, not a new purchase. He said next week, no specific day. One store said they had no idea and the other said to check the AT&T website that it is constantly updated with Note 7 info.
This is what is so frustrating. Everyone has a answer, but they are all different. For me, this is where Samsung has dropped the ball. Ill still stay with them because I don't like the iphone, but the lack of direct info from Samsung is not good.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Calling all those Debbie downers and saying taking months.. Like to see where you are now lol.

they are probably in the same area you would if it would have taken longer...no one likes a gloater... (but then again, there would be some here who said it would take longer would be doing just that)...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I just called 3 "AT&T company" stores in Miami Fl. and each gave me a different answer. One said they are getting replacement phones next week. I was clear that I had a current Note 7 and needed to do an exchange, not a new purchase. He said next week, no specific day. One store said they had no idea and the other said to check the AT&T website that it is constantly updated with Note 7 info.
This is what is so frustrating. Everyone has a answer, but they are all different. For me, this is where Samsung has dropped the ball. Ill still stay with them because I don't like the iphone, but the lack of direct info from Samsung is not good.

...the official information just came out.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
No need to gloat. Everyone assesses their personal risk differently. Risk tolerance is an individual thing governed by many different variables. Respect that and move on. Be happy! This is good news! :D:D

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

I would recommend letting this information percolate through the carriers. Give it a day or two, or it will be an exercise in frustration.

Plus iPhone launch tomorrow. What a day the retail stores will have!

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I find it odd that for weeks now, we've been told to turn our phones off and don't use them. Yet the Samsung website only gives you instructions on how to find your IMEI # by turning the phone on and looking for it.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am holding on to my GNote 7 until I get the replacement. I watch the phone until fully charged. I keep the phone cooled at all times. Unplugged while I sleep at night. I am hoping that the new phone is released next week. I use my phone for business. Can't use the S7. I use the S-Pen all the time. Cannot use The Note 5 no MicroSD and can not use a Flash drive. Verizon will not give me a Note 4 which I turned in. That and the Note 7 are The only phones that I can use.

No amount of cooling will prevent the battery from exploding. No amount of "being careful" will prevent it from exploding.

You CAN use an S7 but are simply CHOOSING not to. You CAN change your work flow for a few weeks to accommodate not potentially burning your house or car to the ground. You are CHOOSING not to do this.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Even though it just came out sammys website recall page was updated and so was T-Mobile's and other carriers. It's a test to the carriers to call and see what they know. Some are rumoured to already gave replacement units i have a feeling they can't sell them until the 19th.

Not to mention iPhone 7 comes out tomorrow do they will be slammed tomorrow on phone lines in stores with that and possibly the weekend. Right time to call and get info right now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2