CPSC Formal Recall Announced - Exchange / Return Your Phones

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
No amount of cooling will prevent the battery from exploding. No amount of "being careful" will prevent it from exploding.

You CAN use an S7 but are simply CHOOSING not to. You CAN change your work flow for a few weeks to accommodate not potentially burning your house or car to the ground. You are CHOOSING not to do this.
Every report I heard of the people said that the phone was charging hot. My phone never gets hot. I need the S-Pen. If I get the Note 5 and use flash drive. I will be audited. I get electronic signatures and documents. S7 just will not work. And yes i do not likebthe S7. I will wait for the Replacement.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No amount of cooling will prevent the battery from exploding. No amount of "being careful" will prevent it from exploding.

You CAN use an S7 but are simply CHOOSING not to. You CAN change your work flow for a few weeks to accommodate not potentially burning your house or car to the ground. You are CHOOSING not to do this.

Just to reinforce this... most everything points to a defect that is not caused by the heat...just that the heat is caused by the failure. And once it starts to fail, there's nothing you can do to prevent it from going all Pompeii on you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Every report I heard of the people said that the phone was charging hot. My phone never gets hot. I need the S-Pen. If I get the Note 5 and use flash drive. I will be audited. I get electronic signatures and documents. S7 just will not work. And yes i do not likebthe S7. I will wait for the Replacement.

97% affected -- if the site says affected it means it has the issue. Hot or not.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Every report I heard of the people said that the phone was charging hot. My phone never gets hot. I need the S-Pen. If I get the Note 5 and use flash drive. I will be audited. I will wait for the Replacement.

Except for the story about the house burning down and the Jeep. Those people weren't by their phones when it happened. So they literally have no idea if the phone was hot or not right before it happened.

Regardless, you could change your work flow and are simply choosing not to.

bettyn100

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Had my husband call the att store and they don't have any. They sounded frustrated and said they don't expect to have any before next week. :(

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have any luck getting good info from stores on when and if they have new notes ? Anyone going to visit their local stores tomorrow or wait for emails or calls from the store ?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any luck getting good info from stores on when and if they have new notes ? Anyone going to visit their local stores tomorrow or wait for emails or calls from the store ?

I would just be patient since the announcement was less than an hour ago. I am sure more info will follow from the carrier on the dates.

Chuck Young

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I just chatted with ATT, fun conversation but they no nothing.

Couple days they will get new ones. I will simply use it if I want and it will have my full attention. Need an alarm function that monitors temperature and goes off it is hot.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I find it odd that for weeks now, we've been told to turn our phones off and don't use them. Yet the Samsung website only gives you instructions on how to find your IMEI # by turning the phone on and looking for it.
The imei # is stamped on the back of the phone.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Except for the story about the house burning down and the Jeep. Those people weren't by their phones when it happened. So they literally have no idea if the phone was hot or not right before it happened.

Regardless, you could change your work flow and are simply choosing not to.
Battery with dead cells in it will tend to get warm or hot. Using battery App To keep an eye on on the temperature. I would of did The Exchange if they could of gave me a Note 4. S7 and Note 5 are unacceptable.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just chatted with ATT, fun conversation but they no nothing.

Couple days they will get new ones. I will simply use it if I want and it will have my full attention. Need an alarm function that monitors temperature and goes off it is hot.

Heat isn't the trigger for it. It is a fault in the battery that will cause it to burst.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Formal recall being announced by CPSC today at 4:15

I've just checked mine that I returned on 9/3 - and it's affected as well. I've just called ATT stores and BB in my area - none have them in stock unfortunately.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
You are right. I'll sit tight. I did get on best buy preorder reservation list for replacement note 7 so if their system works as designed an email will come through when they come. However given the mess I will follow up with store just in case but ya for now it is early to get them to give proper responses.