CPSC Formal Recall Announced - Exchange / Return Your Phones

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
As we are all happy this is taking a lot quicker than expected, this has been very bad for Samsung.

Samsung stock is at a 28 year low.

The cost of the recall in current expense is just under one billion dollars, their CURRENT cash reserves are 21 billion

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 7 available no later than September 21

Those who got email directly from Samsung, did you buy from Samsung directly or are you signed up with them?

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I was told from a friend who has a friend in bestbuy that if we hold out they will offer us a Hyundai.
If they don't offer me a Hyundai, they will have to pry this phone from my crispy charred fingers.

jephersun

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Announces Availability of Replacement Note7 Devices as Part of Safety Recall

Just got the email...

Dear Jeff, as part of our voluntary recall, Samsung is announcing that new Galaxy Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than September 21, 2016.

The company received approval for its exchange program from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and has announced an official U.S. voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7. We strongly advise all customers who have Galaxy Note7 devices to replace their current device with a new device under the terms of the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program.

Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

1. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 as approved by the CPSC; or
2. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices; or
3. Contact your point of purchase to obtain a refund.

Details can be found at Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program or contact us toll-free at 1-844-365-6197, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged mine last night at Costco for an s7e. Costco said I could bring it back for the new N7 when they are available. I just called Samsung and was told that is true and I am still considered an N7 original purchaser.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
They now also say look at the back of the phone, which is what I initially did. But they also know that most of us (I admit, myself included) love their exploding kittens so much they haven't shut them off, so why not give a quick way to find the IMEI/serial number?

It IS extremely hard to read those small numbers off the back of the phone...

case in point - I got one number wrong, and initially the site told me my phone was fine. To verify, I installed the Samsung +, which then told me I had a "hot" one... <arghh>
I can't see those numbers on the back of the phone at all! I did realize after turning the phone off though, the IMEI was on the sticker on the back of the phone. I'm glad they have updated the website though!

charlie888w

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. Do airport security or others will spend the time on the web to see your N7 is safe one? As far as I know, N7 is not welcome every where, regardless.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: I just got official email from Samsung

I got the email too. The 21st, not 11th 😉

My Tmo stores don't have them yet or can't release them...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1