CPSC Formal Recall Announced - Exchange / Return Your Phones

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 7 available no later than September 21

Those who got email directly from Samsung, did you buy from Samsung directly or are you signed up with them?
I got my phone through Verizon, registered the phone on the Samsung website.

Got an email from Samsung.
e0aa395aaefd2435e7a38369ccaa19dc.jpg

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Of course.. There was no definitive replacement timeline so it makes sense. As much as I give in to caution, there was no way they were getting my phone without a clear plan and date. I did, however, power it down and go back to my N4 in the interim. It 's just a number, and there's no way to interpret how many were still being used.

Many others didn't have luck with returning or exchanging, couldn't due to driving distance, etc etc. There are many reasons. I'm just glad we're on the way to recovery now, and like was said already, we can now get back to tech info, advice, tweaking, and such.

In short... Woohoo!
Also, anyone who bought through Samsung.com/us STILL have no way to send it back. I have been waiting on a shipping label since day 1. Last word I heard was that they use FedEx and FedEx won't ship the recalled note 7's. Don't understand why Samsung.com/us can't do the same policy that Samsung.com/ca is doing. They are shipping the replacement phones to their customers and then the customer can turn the phone back in locally.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The news said that because it's an official recall, it would be illegal to resell the bad phones. So if true, those who sell phones may want to make sure to get the good ones. I just trade mine in.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I hope samsung keeps their 21st September promise and doesn't goof up there. I also hope the phones come in all colors and carriers because I remember the blue was in high demand and less supply when it launched.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I hope samsung keeps their 21st September promise and doesn't goof up there. I also hope the phones come in all colors and carriers because I remember the blue was in high demand and less supply when it launched.
Yes but I've read that many with the blue, including me, would rather switch to one of the other colors.

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Not so sure that a majority of those that kept their N7 kept using it. I for one broke out my backup phone and put the N7 away. I was waiting for new devices to come in or Sept 30 which ever came first.

Well I considered pulling my Note 3 out of the drawer and using it for the next week, but the SIM cards are different sizes and I don't have an adapter, so the N7 stays in service. ;)

Despite all the hype, there have still been less than 100 incidents out of 2+ million phones, so the chances of my phone ending up like Mr. Phelps' tape recorder in the next 6 days are virtually nil. There's no point in getting a loaner phone for 6 days so I plan to keep on using my N7 until I can swap it out.