CPSC Formal Recall Announced - Exchange / Return Your Phones

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: officially received text from Verizon this morning

i have yet to receive any communication from Verizon about anything regarding the note 7 recall. I have received email from Samsung but not one word from Verizon.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: officially received text from Verizon this morning

i have yet to receive any communication from Verizon about anything regarding the note 7 recall. I have received email from Samsung but not one word from Verizon.

Unfortunately carriers and stores will be doing this on a First In, First Out basis, and obviously inventory will be scarce at first, but I'd expect that all initial orders would be back in inventory within a week.

As for inventory, not all stores got theirs 'early', but some have confirmed in Best Buys and some carrier stores that they've been sitting in warehouse for a few days awaiting the government's approval to release.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Samsung recalls 1M Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones

Hector Abruña, director of the Energy Materials Center at Cornell University and an expert on lithium ion batteries, says Samsung is to blame for trying to create what he calls a thinner “club sandwich” — a layer of electrodes stacked in the phone’s battery — to give its devices a sleek design.

“In an effort to minimize weight and volume, Samsung used a separator that was too thin and this gave rise to shorts which made the batteries get very hot and fail catastrophically,” Abruna says.

So was Samsung able to fix this and keep same thickness or are the new Note 7's thicker?

or... will the new batteries have less capacity?

rtwright68

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung Recall a government project

I just found out from someone I will not name. This whole fiasco is being paid for by the government. The government wanted a way to get millions of fingerprints and iris scans on a data base. They will have names, and addresses of millions of people now. ;) It is labeled as "The Scully Files"

<TinFoilHat>Think you may be on to something there!</TinfoilHat> :p

marla523

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I ordered mine through Samsung.com. I have an AT&T phone. They said I can't get the replacement at an AT&T store. The way they are handling it is they will send me a label in a few weeks (?????) and I will ship it back and they will refund me, they won't exchange it. He said that is how they decided to handle it. I called an AT&T store and they agreed that is what I need to do. :(

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine through Samsung.com. I have an AT&T phone. They said I can't get the replacement at an AT&T store. The way they are handling it is they will send me a label in a few weeks (?????) and I will ship it back and they will refund me, they won't exchange it. He said that is how they decided to handle it. I called an AT&T store and they agreed that is what I need to do. :(
Marla523,

That is the same story we are all getting from Samsung.com. Won't order from them again . Except to get my new one.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

made me laugh... I needed that, thanks! :) Seriously, though... I will not be turning in my exploding kitten until I've done a factory reset first. just not gonna happen otherwise.

I am glad you took it for what is was. Thanks!

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Someone told me it was a plot by ISIS. Another guy told me it was a plan by Apple to infiltrate the Samsung battery factory to sabotage the batteries and even another guy told me it was disgruntled employees from Samsung SDI. It is amazing how rumors spread these days via the internet!

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
You still have the issue of Note 7 devices being sold on Ebay and Craigslist. Ebay should ban all sales at this point. It would be harder for Craigslist to monitor this.

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Literally 99.99% have had no issues at all... just my opinion, but the sensationalism is bordering on hysteria... Hurry up Sept 21! I'll get my new kitten, and won't have to worry about being a menace to society any longer... :)

Well, if you want to be literal, 99.999908% of the 1,000,000 units sold in the US have had no issues YET. That's if there are only the 92 incidents that Samsung is stating. However, Note 7 devices have been recalled. So, take your devices in as soon as stock is available.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

made me laugh... I needed that, thanks! :) Seriously, though... I will not be turning in my exploding kitten until I've done a factory reset first. just not gonna happen otherwise.

81ad480f3dc5e483ef9ec9966bca8ce2.jpg

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, if you want to be literal, 99.999908% of the 1,000,000 units sold in the US have had no issues YET. That's if there are only the 92 incidents that Samsung is stating. However, Note 7 devices have been recalled. So, take your devices in as soon as stock is available.

Absolutely! should be just a few days now...

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

See??? GN7's are just like beautiful little kittens... that I simply cannot bear to be without... even for a few days... even if they gave me a loaner goldfish or ferret or something similar while I waited for my new kitten... You DO understand! LOL! My kitten loves me too much to ever explode, though... ;-) Geez! glad this will be over in a couple of days!

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

See??? GN7's are just like beautiful little kittens... that I simply cannot bear to be without... even for a few days... even if they gave me a loaner goldfish or ferret or something similar while I waited for my new kitten... You DO understand! LOL! My kitten loves me too much to ever explode, though... ;-) Geez! glad this will be over in a couple of days!
fc4f701e44fc78abdb9e85b07bc2ddf9.jpg

Rocky1971

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Formal recall being announced by CPSC today at 4:15

What the sales guy at Verizon corporate store told me was I could get the note 7 back once it came back in I could swap what I traded too which is edge 7 and I don'the really like it I want my dam note back lol... he said they were able to change them back out is what I got from them so I will be passed if I get another version once I get back there