09-19-2016 08:51 PM
253 1234 ...
tools
    I can't consider the Note 7 as long as there are travel restrictions. If they get the all clear from the FAA/TSA/other transit authorities then I can think about getting another one.

It's a bummer since I really was looking forward to a Blue Corral Note 7.
    09-15-2016 08:35 PM
    I'm confused now tbh. I preordered the iP7 plus in black. I did love the Note 7 though. Only thing i think making me wanting to stick to the ip7 is the battery life (it's supposed to have) compared to the Note.
    My SOT was almost 6 hours. That's pretty good to me. The IP7+ can't be that much better...can it?
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-15-2016 08:45 PM
    I returned the n7 and going to try the IP7+ for 14 days and will see if I like the iPhone, otherwise I will go back to note 7 or just use my 6p and wait for note 8 "anniversary edition" LOL
    09-15-2016 08:45 PM
    I can't consider the Note 7 as long as there are travel restrictions. If they get the all clear from the FAA/TSA/other transit authorities then I can think about getting another one.

I guess once Samsung releases the update you just have to show them your green battery icon.
    That just seems silly on so many levels, but it's better than nothing.
    09-15-2016 08:46 PM

TSA never anything about my phone while I was flying. I was using the entire flight without incident.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-15-2016 08:47 PM
    I'm on the fence, my note 7 was excellent for the most part with only a couple negatives + that coral blue and gold was beautiful! But since getting my s7 edge, I've noticed that it runs slightly smoother then my note 7 did. Idk if that's across the board with all notes and edges or just my experience with my particular units. Nevertheless, I wouldn't be surprised if it is common simply because the note 7 has a few more features and a slightly larger screen running on the same hardware as the s7 edge. (in the past notes had more ram and a bump in processing power to assure it ran just as good or better then the S line)

Lastly though I miss secure folder, spen: it's software and iris scanner, the edge handles quick settings, favorite contacts, and edge software better IMO. I have the black s7 edge and it looks just as nice as my note did as well. With all that said, idk how I'll feel once the replacements are available. I have 13 days left to return this phone.
    I just got an S7 edge too. I too notice that is is faster, less lag and smooth running. both my S7 and S7 Edge run more smooth than my Note did. Not that the Note 7 lag was major but I noticed it though.

The Note 7 is a great phone still despite the low sales and stigma it will have it is still the top of the line for 2016 and most of 17 probably specs wise. I think they tried to rush too many new features into it though without more QC.

I will be staying with the S7 Edge now though. I just ordered the Defender for it and don't want to pay restocking fee though. I also hear the S8 line might be out sooner next year. I will probably go for an S8 edge then, no more standard S size screens for me. It seems most Note users buy the new Edge, then buy the Note later in the year. If the Edge has a large screen boat load of features I'll probably trade my two phones in on the Edge. I'm hoping it's out in Feb then and they go all out on it to make up for the Note debacle.

Overall though typing on the edge is just like on the Note 7. Very easy with the 5.5 inch screen.

I wish I bought the Edge back in March instead of the regular S7. I probably wouldn't have bought the Note, and I'd be saving a lot of money too. No more small screens for me.

I might consider the V30 next year if the V20 knocks it out of the park this year.
    markman097 likes this.
    09-15-2016 08:52 PM
    Samsung just in the nick of time stopped me from going tomorrow morning and picking up the 256GB iTurd 7 Plus.

Waiting on the Note 7 replacement now.
    09-15-2016 08:58 PM
    I just got an S7 edge too. I too notice that is is faster, less lag and smooth running. both my S7 and S7 Edge run more smooth than my Note did. Not that the Note 7 lag was major but I noticed it though.

The Note 7 is a great phone still despite the low sales and stigma it will have it is still the top of the line for 2016 and most of 17 probably specs wise. I think they tried to rush too many new features into it though without more QC.

I will be staying with the S7 Edge now though. I just ordered the Defender for it and don't want to pay restocking fee though. I also hear the S8 line might be out sooner next year. I will probably go for an S8 edge then, no more standard S size screens for me. It seems most Note users buy the new Edge, then buy the Note later in the year. If the Edge has a large screen boat load of features I'll probably trade my two phones in on the Edge. I'm hoping it's out in Feb then and they go all out on it to make up for the Note debacle.

Overall though typing on the edge is just like on the Note 7. Very easy with the 5.5 inch screen.

I wish I bought the Edge back in March instead of the regular S7. I probably wouldn't have bought the Note, and I'd be saving a lot of money too. No more small screens for me.

I might consider the V30 next year if the V20 knocks it out of the park this year.
    I don't think they are going to offer a standard screen next year...gonna be all edge screens.

I'll never consider any other Android phone besides a Samsung device. As botched as this fiasco was, Samsung is still imo the top smartphone maker in the world, closely seconded by Apple. Every other manufacturer is just a speck on a large wheel as far as I'm concerned.

I'm probably just going to keep the S7E as well. I'd like to get the Note 7 back, but this whole thing has just mentally drained me, and idk if I have it in me to visit the Tmobile store any more this year...I've been there enough in 2016. If the S8 is coming out in February or even March, I can manage until then.

I really NEED that Grace UX though....
    Tabbiel1989 likes this.
    09-15-2016 09:00 PM
    Samsung just in the nick of time stopped me from going tomorrow morning and picking up the 256GB iTurd 7 Plus.

Waiting on the Note 7 replacement now.
    Why call it the "iTurd" if you were going to get it?
    Carlo Villa and jj2339 like this.
    09-15-2016 09:00 PM
    I did and I'm not.

I still don't understand how you'll physically be able to tell what phones have been exchanged and which ones haven't at airports, trains, etc... For resale you can check the Samsung site before you buy, but I'm just meh about the phone now.

I'll be back with S8...maybe
    I think this fiasco will affect the S8 also. Once the S8 is revealed and even if it has rave reviews like the Note 7, I doubt very much there will be record preorders like the Note 7. People understandably will hold off and wait for physical sales to see real world reviews plus wait and see if there are any inherent major issues.

I just consider the situation with my own wife who is an iPhone user. She is not rushing out for the iPhone 7 because she uses audio a lot, and has a wait and see approach. How much more will someone wait and see when the previous model suffered a major, embarrassing and potentially life threatening recall.
    09-15-2016 09:02 PM
    I don't think they are going to offer a standard screen next year...gonna be all edge screens.

I'll never consider any other Android phone besides a Samsung device. As botched as this fiasco was, Samsung is still imo the top smartphone maker in the world, closely seconded by Apple. Every other manufacturer is just a speck on a large wheel as far as I'm concerned.

I'm probably just going to keep the S7E as well. I'd like to get the Note 7 back, but this whole thing has just mentally drained me, and idk if I have it in me to visit the Tmobile store any more this year...I've been there enough in 2016. If the S8 is coming out in February or even March, I can manage until then.

I really NEED that Grace UX though....
    Even if I'd consider it I would not buy one until after the new year and by that time S8 would be just around the corner, soooo
    It was a great phone though.
    I need help. The note 7 that I have doesn't get a signal in places close to my home. All other family members phones get good signal while mine says no network connection. And in the last few days I haven't been getting my calls. I get some but at least 50% just go to vm and then I get vm notification. This is radio signal strength problems. Should I just get the replacement note 7 (I love it but need to be able to get all my calls and use the call AND data features when I'm out) or go ahead and get the iPhone 7 and try again with the next note. I jumped from an iPhone 6s+ to the note 7 because I want the freedom of android and have owned every other note and loved them (switched to apple for family and regretted it) but I'm scared this phone just isn't ready. I have an apple watch so it would be nice to have that too. I just don't know what to do. I'm really thinking stay with note 7 but not getting signal is worrying me.
    TSA never anything about my phone while I was flying. I was using the entire flight without incident.
    Yeah, but my travel would be for work and I don't want to take any chances. I could just be being too cautious about it, but I'd rather not have that potential hassle.
    I guess once Samsung releases the update you just have to show them your green battery icon.
    That just seems silly on so many levels, but it's better than nothing.
    If that comes to US devices. I thought it was only confirmed for Korean devices right now.
    09-15-2016 09:03 PM
    I will wait for my new note 7..
    No BORING Iphone for me!.
    09-15-2016 09:11 PM
    I need help. The note 7 that I have doesn't get a signal in places close to my home. All other family members phones get good signal while mine says no network connection. And in the last few days I haven't been getting my calls. I get some but at least 50% just go to vm and then I get vm notification. This is radio signal strength problems. Should I just get the replacement note 7 (I love it but need to be able to get all my calls and use the call AND data features when I'm out) or go ahead and get the iPhone 7 and try again with the next note. I jumped from an iPhone 6s+ to the note 7 because I want the freedom of android and have owned every other note and loved them (switched to apple for family and regretted it) but I'm scared this phone just isn't ready. I have an apple watch so it would be nice to have that too. I just don't know what to do. I'm really thinking stay with note 7 but not getting signal is worrying me.
    The recall isn't the only Note 7 issue. Performance, lag, receptionand other items seem to be mixed on this phone. If you want to stay with Android, I would suggest you go the Galaxy S7 edge. The S7's seem to be a lot more consistent. The Note 7 is just too sporadic.
    09-15-2016 09:11 PM
    Never left note 7!
    Carlo Villa and msndrstood like this.
    09-15-2016 09:12 PM
    I'm on the fence. S7e is snappier by a lot and battery crushes the n7. I want that fixed.
    Gray Area and Sleepwlkr45 like this.
    09-15-2016 09:15 PM
    I swapped to the S7E and it's a great phone too. However, I'll be swapping back as fast as they let me. I just can't live without the S-pen. Even though this whole ordeal has been a pain, it was still kinda fun to get to try a different phone. All I've had is Notes for the last almost 4 years. The Edge is really nice and if I didn't use the S-pen, I'd be glad to keep it.
    I only wish Sammy would stop dumbing down the sofware for the S-pen. I used the memo's a lot! Yeah, they are there but they aren't the same. I used the reminder on my memo's all the time.
    Anyway... I gotta have my Notes! I'll probably always get the latest and greatest until they stop making them.
    Gray Area and Sleepwlkr45 like this.
    09-15-2016 09:16 PM
    I will wait for my new note 7..
    No BORING Iphone for me!.
    Define boring with out mentioning rooting, changing launchers or icons (because I do none of that) especially rooting.
    09-15-2016 09:17 PM
    I ordered the S7Edge on Tuesday because I got somewhat discouraged and didn't want to be without a phone in case things got worse, got the EIP and all but it still hasn't shipped. So I am not even opening that sucker, lol it's going right back....(I wonder if T-Mobile is even gonna ship it now). I want the same Blue Coral Note 7 back....no other color. I specifically asked the T-Mobile rep if same colors we had will be shipped. I know she might not know or might even be lying but she said yes and it does give me hope.
    09-15-2016 09:21 PM
    Going to the V20.
    09-15-2016 09:24 PM
    I'd think they'd give you the same color you had. No idea why they wouldn't. Since everyone doing an exchange get's 1st dibs.
    09-15-2016 09:25 PM
    Hated that phone when I first saw it then after watching a few videos on it...it doesn't seem bad at all. The only issue I had (well two) with my LGV10 is the screen is very dim and the battery is flakey at best. Overall when I was not on a windows phone I've always owned LGs.
    09-15-2016 09:26 PM
    There is no other phone that compares to it still. Not even that lame attempt called a Iphone 7. Hopefully replacing mine this weekend at BB. Will take any color in stock at this point. The LG V20 is nice but it lost me at no water resistance and the screen just isn't as good.

09-15-2016 09:36 PM
    Almost jumped ship but I like the note 7 too much so I'm staying.
    09-15-2016 09:38 PM
253 1234 ...