09-19-2016 08:51 PM
253 ... 56789 ...
tools
    You'll be right back. Just Saying..
    My wife got her 7 plus today and I love it, battery life is amazing... We both left the house at 100% and a few hours later her phone was at 70% while my note 7 was on 40%. The 7 plus is much snappier.. my iPhone 7 plus is coming in 2 weeks and I'm going to exchange my Note 7 next week I'll use both devices and make a decision
    09-16-2016 11:17 PM
    I used my note7 2 weeks np issues.love the phone.i now have powered it off.have gone back to my note4.but I will be getting another note7.hopefully next week.
    09-16-2016 11:25 PM
    My wife got her 7 plus today and I love it, battery life is amazing... We both left the house at 100% and a few hours later her phone was at 70% while my note 7 was on 40%. The 7 plus is much snappier.. my iPhone 7 plus is coming in 2 weeks and I'm going to exchange my Note 7 next week I'll use both devices and make a decision
    Please go into power savings and do the following to equal or beat the iPhone 7 Plus battery.

Customize the medium setting option

Leave display option at FHD (same res as 7+ and still looks better than the 7+)

Leave background tasks minimizing on (that is very similar to how iOS works)

Turn off display limit option

Turn off CPU limit option

Save and apply

You should now be able to hang with your wife's 7 Plus battery life and the display still looks great. Also, you can easily turn it off or on by swiping down from top of display and using the icon.

BTW, whenever the N7 gets Nougat, the power sipping features of iOS are essentially mimicked in it. Android team can spin how they want, but Nougat flatters iOS in good ways from this regard.
    09-17-2016 08:20 AM
    So are you saying doing all of this the phone will no equal the 7+ in performance?
    If so that sounds like a win.
    09-17-2016 08:26 AM
    Please go into power savings and do the following to equal or beat the iPhone 7 Plus battery.

Save and apply

You should now be able to hang with your wife's 7 Plus battery life and the display still looks great. Also, you can easily turn it off or on by swiping down from top of display and using the icon.

BTW, whenever the N7 gets Nougat, the power sipping features of iOS are essentially mimicked in it. Android team can spin how they want, but Nougat flatters iOS in good ways from this regard.
    Amazing how people don't understand that stock IP7 vs. N7 battery life comparisons are not apples to apples. The display uses the most battery and if you're pushing twice as many pixels in the N7 of course it's going to eat more juice. Do the above for a more appropriate comparison, esp. changing the resolution to FHD (i.e., 1080). You'll be pleasantly surprised.
    09-17-2016 08:58 AM
    Unless you reserved they have no plus models at their store to pick up as a walk in... Apple made a announcement yesterday stating they won't have Any plus models or jet black models regular or plus for launch day at their stores... Pretty messed up cause some people were camping from earlier in the week only to find out last minute they would have no plus models in any color...
    Camping out for a phone? Lol only fools fall in love

Gray Area likes this.
    09-17-2016 09:06 AM
    I am going to get another note 7 in a month or 2 once I read some reviews on the replacements.
    Roman Akert likes this.
    09-17-2016 10:12 AM
    I am going to get another note 7 in a month or 2 once I read some reviews on the replacements.
    What are you using now
    09-17-2016 10:25 AM
    thought about coming back and trying a 3rd device but not sure yet. the camera was great!! but as a phone notsomuch. signal is just not as good as my note5.
    09-17-2016 10:40 AM
    thought about coming back and trying a 3rd device but not sure yet. the camera was great!! but as a phone notsomuch. signal is just not as good as my note5.
    I'm on Note 5 too
    09-17-2016 11:01 AM
    Jumped to the S7 Edge last week and I'm staying with it. Its everything I need and I don't miss what the Note 7 has over it (Iris scanner, S pen, USB-C). It has the same guts, same resolution screen (minus .2" but who can tell) a hair bigger battery and better battery life and it seems a bit more zippy. Basically, the S7 Edge is everything I liked about the Note 7 and its minus the things I didn't need. The Note 7 is awesome, but the S7 Edge is all I need. I'm good to go until the Note 8 or 9 :-)
    I'm considering this as well. Will make my final decision when they call me when the note 7s are in store. For now the s7 edge is as you stated, a bit snappier, a smidgen better on battery, and just as asthetically pleasing to look at as the note 7. I even downloaded s-note so I can still have access to all my docs and it works OK with a generic stylus. It's going to be a tough decision but nevertheless I think I win either way I choose.
    Roman Akert and Tabbiel1989 like this.
    09-17-2016 02:15 PM
    Looked at s7 edges with cases on online, and have to say they look really sharp
    09-17-2016 03:32 PM

Save and apply

Those are good tips, but there's no guarantee it'll match since we don't know the usage patterns.
    09-17-2016 04:58 PM
    "But it doesn't matter who flips the switch". Maybe not today. But it WILL matter when more apps want to use the extended color range. Samsung will need to white list every single one of those apps. That's extra work for Samsung AND the developer.
    While this would make the iPhone 7 better in some cases than an equal-looking phone display that doesn't have support for the extended range, none of this make the iPhone screen look better and the Note 7's, unless you consider the 2 equal to start, which I most certainly do not.

Since the Note 7 display looks better than the current iPhones - and I bet it will definitely look better than the iPhone 7 - all of the content will almost surely look better on the Note 7, even if a certain app CANNOT use the extended color range IMO. Time will tell, but I like the odds :-)
    09-17-2016 05:41 PM
    You know , if the iPhone 7 Plus was actually available anywhere, I think I would actually have considered it a few days ago with no new Note 7 in sight at the time. If I would have moved to the iPhone 7 Plus, it would have probably been an impulse decision, or just to try something new, because as I step back, I can't see myself using an iPhone as my daily driver. Still, I might have seriously considered it.

The funny thing about this situation in the last 2 days is how, in a way, the tides might have turned in the slightest regarding iPhone 7 Plus and the Note 7. Until they announced the 9/21 date for new phone availability, folks were stating that not knowing when they could get a new Note 7 is a direct and immediate reason for them to look for a different phone - perhaps an iPhone 7 Plus. Date for the new Note nowhere in sight, and an appealing alternate a few days away.

Fast forward to now however .. Most current Note 7 owners should be able to walk away with a new Note 7 Wednesday (or sooner), and trying to get a iPhone 7 Plus might take 2 to 3 weeks (per the Apple site anyway). I wonder if folks here considering the 2 now see a safe Note 7 in 4 days vs a iPhone 7 Plus at some unknown future date.

Probably not much to this honestly, but it feels like the worm has turned just a bit in that regard..
    09-17-2016 05:50 PM
    While this would make the iPhone 7 better in some cases than an equal-looking phone display that doesn't have support for the extended range, none of this make the iPhone screen look better and the Note 7's, unless you consider the 2 equal to start, which I most certainly do not.

Since the Note 7 display looks better than the current iPhones - and I bet it will definitely look better than the iPhone 7 - all of the content will almost surely look better on the Note 7, even if a certain app CANNOT use the extended color range IMO. Time will tell, but I like the odds :-)
    "looks better" in what way? In any other mode besides Basic the Note 7 display is not color accurate. That's choosing to make it worse.

The iPhone 7 display will be color accurate with no option to make it any other way.

You can prefer the inaccurate colors of the other display modes on the Note 7, but those are technically worse.
    09-17-2016 06:06 PM
    "looks better" in what way? In any other mode besides Basic the Note 7 display is not color accurate. That's choosing to make it worse.

The iPhone 7 display will be color accurate with no option to make it any other way.

You can prefer the inaccurate colors of the other display modes on the Note 7, but those are technically worse.
    Looks better to my eye :-). Not to yours? It's an opinion of course. DisplayMate seems to like the panel pretty well if one wanted to be objective about it, which I don't . The Note 7 looks better to me period. :-).
    keepnitreel and pcsperson like this.
    09-17-2016 06:17 PM
    Looks better to my eye :-). Not to yours? Cool.
    Yeah that's a preference.

I prefer accurate colors so things look how they're supposed to.
    09-17-2016 06:18 PM
    I was enjoying checking out the iPhone and notes and s7 edge displays at my store today.
    09-17-2016 06:26 PM
    Yes and I'm sitting this one out. I might come back with the Note 8. Hopefully, Samsung will learn their lesson and give us back changeable batteries.
    09-17-2016 06:53 PM

Save and apply

Even when I activated the max power savings on my Note 7 when I wasn't using it, it still couldn't hang with my iPhone 6s Plus. I'm not surprised though because my Android devices have never been good when it comes to battery life.
    09-17-2016 07:08 PM
    Looks better to my eye :-). Not to yours? It's an opinion of course. DisplayMate seems to like the panel pretty well if one wanted to be objective about it, which I don't . The Note 7 looks better to me period. :-).
    What's all the iPhone hate? I love Samsung and been with them the last couple years after I left my iphone 5. The note 7 is a good device but when it comes to battery life and smoothness the iPhone is better
    09-17-2016 07:26 PM
    What's all the iPhone hate? I love Samsung and been with them the last couple years after I left my iphone 5. The note 7 is a good device but when it comes to battery life and smoothness the iPhone is better
    What hate? You think I hate the iPhone because I think the Note 7 screen is better?
    09-17-2016 07:30 PM
    I returned the GN7 and bought the Honor 8. I will stick with the Honor unless the Pixel phone is better. Will try the GN8 next year.
    09-17-2016 07:39 PM
    You weren't quoting me directly, but I'll add my two cents. About the only three things the iPhone (at this point) has going for it year after year is slightly better battery life, smoothness, and app optimization. The app optimization is the reason I use an iPad for my casual/fun use. App quality (particularly in games and other things) is generally better on iOS than Android.

The problem, for me, is that the differences in those three things aren't so large that I would forego the freedom, flexibility, and raw features I'd have with an android phone -- particularly the Note series with its sPen versatility and high-productivity features (which is extremely useful to me on a daily basis).
    09-17-2016 07:48 PM
253 ... 56789 ...