Jumped ship -- Coming back?

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I did and I'm not.

I still don't understand how you'll physically be able to tell what phones have been exchanged and which ones haven't at airports, trains, etc... For resale you can check the Samsung site before you buy, but I'm just meh about the phone now.

I'll be back with S8...maybe

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have rooted many phones and installed custom ROMs that change the battery icon. Not to mention the themes in the theme store. They need to come up with something better than that.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I did and I'm not.

I still don't understand how you'll physically be able to tell what phones have been exchanged and which ones haven't at airports, trains, etc... For resale you can check the Samsung site before you buy, but I'm just meh about the phone now.

Nope. I'm done with the Note 7. Staying on the S7E and waiting on the S8s

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll be sticking with the Note 7 probably until the Note 8. I don't really care for this S7 edge loaner. I'm on JOD so resale value doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Went back to my 6s plus for now until they release the phone again... Loved it, just wasn't impressed with Samsung Canada's way of handling things.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I have rooted many phones and installed custom ROMs that change the battery icon. Not to mention the themes in the theme store. They need to come up with something better than that.

Anyone who does that in this case is an ***** and deserves what they get. For the rest of us, a green icon is fine.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Returned the note 7, bought the iPhone 7 Plus. Will see how it goes. I have returned the iPhone the last two years though

seangprice

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll absolutely come back. The Note 7 is the first Samsung phone that I've truly loved. I found using the S pen very intuitive and useful. For the features to include Samsung Pay there is nothing that comes close. I love Apple products but Samsung is always ahead of the curve on hardware innovation in my opinion. Unfortunately my Note 7 is relegated to its box and now using an S7 until I can swap out the handset. At least I have been able to take advantage of two promos... Gear Fit 2 in hand and now waiting on the new VR headset. If a new EIP is required during the swap out, I hope the promos are still available and I'll get the 256gb SD card.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Yea, my hope is being a windows person at heart and not being that into launcher/icon switching that the IP7 will be fine for me. At least for the next several months. I know I wont keep it past a year as my DD. :)

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Im on the fence about that... I return the phone went back to my iPhone and was wondering if I should jump back to it

I might wait a while after it re release and wonder if I should stick to it or wait for a different phone. It really was just a impulse buy and I was considering to upgrade for some time now. I did get uses to the edge screen...well made it useful but found it lack some locking feature to prevent modification. As for the pen.... I didnt even use it except for testing and I was desktop saving it with the pic of my settings. So I can wait for the S8, S8 edge, or maybe the note8 OR the LGv20..... I guess I find out in 1-2 weeks.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who does that in this case is an ***** and deserves what they get. For the rest of us, a green icon is fine.

Not quite the point. Many people have the "mine is ok" mentality.
I used to change all the icon colors when I rooted my devices.

Therefore it isn't just about that individual deserving whatever they get, it could put many others in danger as well.
A simple battery icon color change is not sufficient.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Not quite the point. Many people have the "mine is ok" mentality.
I used to change all the icon colors when I rooted my devices.

Therefore it isn't just about that individual deserving whatever they get, it could put many others in danger as well.
A simple battery icon color change is not sufficient.

Then nothing will be Sufficient. People can simply choose not to comply with the recall. Or they can remove whatever Samsung adds to the phone to determine the difference. If someone wants to be an ***, there isn't much to be done to stop it.

For the rest of us, a green icon is fine, especially if they want to replace these phones in a timely matter.

At a certain point there's got to be some personal responsibility here. Can't expect Samsung to hold everyone's hand.

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
One of the most recent A.C. articles listed that the boxes of new Note 7s will have the white S stickers. The phones themselves will have small black S stickers on the IMEI stickers on the back of the phone itself. The site will also have an IMEI checker for those wanting to double checking if buying privately or online.
The green battery indicator is not a definite for US that I have seen, but if so it's another step.

I think that that's a pretty good attempt at identifying new Note 7s to those stressing about an official swap at the retailer or Samsung. I would be concerned more so if buying from a private person or off internet looking for all of these than say Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.

Just my two cents.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the fence, my note 7 was excellent for the most part with only a couple negatives + that coral blue and gold was beautiful! But since getting my s7 edge, I've noticed that it runs slightly smoother then my note 7 did. Idk if that's across the board with all notes and edges or just my experience with my particular units. Nevertheless, I wouldn't be surprised if it is common simply because the note 7 has a few more features and a slightly larger screen running on the same hardware as the s7 edge. (in the past notes had more ram and a bump in processing power to assure it ran just as good or better then the S line)

Lastly though I miss secure folder, spen: it's software and iris scanner, the edge handles quick settings, favorite contacts, and edge software better IMO. I have the black s7 edge and it looks just as nice as my note did as well. With all that said, idk how I'll feel once the replacements are available. I have 13 days left to return this phone.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I loved my coral blue Note 7. That being said I don't know if I'm coming back. I've returned most of my accessories for the Note 7 and don't feel like switching to another device for the 4th time in a month.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I did and I'm not.

To each their own....I can't wait to get my N7 back.