Jumped ship -- Coming back?

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I swapped to the S7E and it's a great phone too. However, I'll be swapping back as fast as they let me. I just can't live without the S-pen. Even though this whole ordeal has been a pain, it was still kinda fun to get to try a different phone. All I've had is Notes for the last almost 4 years. The Edge is really nice and if I didn't use the S-pen, I'd be glad to keep it.
I only wish Sammy would stop dumbing down the sofware for the S-pen. I used the memo's a lot! Yeah, they are there but they aren't the same. I used the reminder on my memo's all the time.
Anyway... I gotta have my Notes! I'll probably always get the latest and greatest until they stop making them.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the S7Edge on Tuesday because I got somewhat discouraged and didn't want to be without a phone in case things got worse, got the EIP and all but it still hasn't shipped. So I am not even opening that sucker, lol it's going right back....(I wonder if T-Mobile is even gonna ship it now). I want the same Blue Coral Note 7 back....no other color. I specifically asked the T-Mobile rep if same colors we had will be shipped. I know she might not know or might even be lying but she said yes and it does give me hope.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Hated that phone when I first saw it then after watching a few videos on it...it doesn't seem bad at all. The only issue I had (well two) with my LGV10 is the screen is very dim and the battery is flakey at best. Overall when I was not on a windows phone I've always owned LGs.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
There is no other phone that compares to it still. Not even that lame attempt called a Iphone 7. Hopefully replacing mine this weekend at BB. Will take any color in stock at this point. The LG V20 is nice but it lost me at no water resistance and the screen just isn't as good.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
For the people talking Bout iPhone battery life I can't til Apple does a quad HD display and then we can truly see the battery life comparison...Iphone only has to render in 1080p meanwhile note 7 is at quad HD.. And especially the iPhone 7 smaller model.. Only 720p? Even the smaller s7 is quad HD....

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
For the people talking Bout iPhone battery life I can't til Apple does a quad HD display and then we can truly see the battery life comparison...Iphone only has to render in 1080p meanwhile note 7 is at quad HD.. And especially the iPhone 7 smaller model.. Only 720p? Even the smaller s7 is quad HD....

Does it really matter? When you're out away from a charger and your phone dies will you be happy you had a QHD display or will you turn down the display and enable battery saving and lower the screen to FHD or HD? I mean really the only thing I've ever noticed on QHD displays on phones is the colors look a little deeper. If you're not into VR it's not that big of an issue.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I think this fiasco will affect the S8 also. Once the S8 is revealed and even if it has rave reviews like the Note 7, I doubt very much there will be record preorders like the Note 7. People understandably will hold off and wait for physical sales to see real world reviews plus wait and see if there are any inherent major issues.

I just consider the situation with my own wife who is an iPhone user. She is not rushing out for the iPhone 7 because she uses audio a lot, and has a wait and see approach. How much more will someone wait and see when the previous model suffered a major, embarrassing and potentially life threatening recall.

I agree. This was the first pre order I ever did and will be the last. I should have held off about a month before deciding. When the S8 comes out I will wait about a month. Other poster mentioned edge will be the standard screen which is now fine by me. I should have been more clear I mean size wise I won't go back to the standard sized S screen anymore so it's either the S8 edge, or edge plus if they rebrand them or the Note. Texting is so much easier on the S7 edge and the Note than the smaller S7. If the Edge comes out in Feb, then sometime in March or early April I will go and buy one if it has good reviews.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I will wait for my new note 7..
No BORING Iphone for me!.

Never understood what is boring? Is it a game to move around your icons and widgets all day? I don't understand what's boring. On my note I organized my apps into folders. On my iphone I organize apps into folders. Should I be doing that every day so as not to become bored?

My SOT was almost 6 hours. That's pretty good to me. The IP7+ can't be that much better...can it?

In battery tests one of the reviewers looped a video playing over wifi on the 7 plus and got 14 hours on it. I'd say that's pretty damn good SOT!

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Never understood what is boring? Is it a game to move around your icons and widgets all day? I don't understand what's boring. On my note I organized my apps into folders. On my iphone I organize apps into folders. Should I be doing that every day so as not to become bored?

If you're talking specifically about a Note device, plenty.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Does it really matter? When you're out away from a charger and your phone dies will you be happy you had a QHD display or will you turn down the display and enable battery saving and lower the screen to FHD or HD? I mean really the only thing I've ever noticed on QHD displays on phones is the colors look a little deeper. If you're not into VR it's not that big of an issue.
Matters to me... I rather look at a 1080p screen when I get to 15% then look at a 1080p screen all day

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
For the rest of us, a green icon is fine, especially if they want to replace these phones in a timely matter.

I'm doubting that green icon thing. To use Google Play under license, the phone has to ship with all white icons in the status bar.

I know two different people with a replacement Note 7. One of them works here. The box has the stickers, but the icon is normal.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

In battery tests one of the reviewers looped a video playing over wifi on the 7 plus and got 14 hours on it. I'd say that's pretty damn good SOT!

Adjust the Note 7 display resolution to 1080p, limit background tasks like iPhone and brightness to match- get similar time on the Note 7. The hyperbole for each iPhone release is pure comical.

Luv my iPad Pro 256gb, so not anti Apple. Just prefer Android for phones.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae