Jumped ship -- Coming back?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The Quad HD vs retina honestly there's really no differences. Naked eye cant tell...
People say you can't tell but that's be. You can tell that the note has a superior display hands down. The first thing iPhone users notice about galaxies are their nice display. Also with that being said I doubt the 7 plus will have twice the battery life of the note while having stuff run in the background. We'll see once people start getting their devices.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I just don't understand how a defect model would scare people away from the Android ecosystem.

Hahaha it didn't scare me away. I'm just trying something different. I'm not in love with Android. I love the Windows OS, but its pretty much dead at this point, the 950 XL really let me down after years of waiting. So I'm going to give IOS a shot and see if I like it better.
I'll still have my LGV10 to keep up with Android and a Lumia 640 to keep up with Windows.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Never left. I admit, I was very tempted to go back to iphone. After the text from Verizon last night stating 21 September would be the day to get new phones. I am waiting patiently. I have gone through to much to give up on the note 7. I originally had a bad black note 7 battery (completely dying at 40%). Then when i exchanged it, the store only had silver. I immediately had buyers remorse with silver. So I jumped on my motorcycle to find a black, 45 minute away from me. Found black. Then the recall. It has been one thing after another. Now I will get the coral blue. I just feel the Note 7 is the better overall phone out right now.

Karen Hildebrand

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Sticking with my loaner s7e..I loved my note, best phone I've ever had. That being said this 7e is pretty awesome too. I had never used the spen until n7 so I'm not missing it much.
I'll be an n8 user next time around, but only after its proven itself as a great phone. I've been thru 2 preorder flagship phones and gotten burnt(hahaha) both times. Rotation issues on s6edge and this note7 debacle. Me and my s7e are happy👊

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
The Quad HD vs retina honestly there's really no differences. Naked eye cant tell...

Ok thats simply false. If you cant tell the difference, there is something seriously wrong with your eyes. And so were clear, Im using an iPhone to type this so if anyone was going to buy what you said it would likely be me.

In regards to the topic, no I wont be coming back. I loved the Note 7 but Samsung has burned me enough with their phones. As a company they have alot to learn from this mess before I will ever consider buying their phones again.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I swapped to the S7E and it's a great phone too. However, I'll be swapping back as fast as they let me. I just can't live without the S-pen. Even though this whole ordeal has been a pain, it was still kinda fun to get to try a different phone. All I've had is Notes for the last almost 4 years. The Edge is really nice and if I didn't use the S-pen, I'd be glad to keep it.
I only wish Sammy would stop dumbing down the sofware for the S-pen. I used the memo's a lot! Yeah, they are there but they aren't the same. I used the reminder on my memo's all the time.
Anyway... I gotta have my Notes! I'll probably always get the latest and greatest until they stop making them.
Good news is with the next update to Samsung Note, they are adding Action Memo back in. They (samsung) sent me an email about this as I was in contact with their software people about it.

kssooner

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I switched to the Moto Z Force last night and so far so good. I didn't realize how much lag my Note7 had until I started using the Moto. I like my the Note7 but I'm not going to miss it.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
People say you can't tell but that's be. You can tell that the note has a superior display hands down. The first thing iPhone users notice about galaxies are their nice display. Also with that being said I doubt the 7 plus will have twice the battery life of the note while having stuff run in the background. We'll see once people start getting their devices.

I can speak on having the phone since release date battery life is not the best even compare to my S7 Edge it run circles around the Note 7 and concerning Apple ever since the iPhone 6 and 6 plus they always had better battery life than Samsung phones

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I switched to the Moto Z Force last night and so far so good. I didn't realize how much lag my Note7 had until I started using the Moto. I like my the Note7 but I'm not going to miss it.

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Samsung fan boy but some people hate to admit the note 7 is a very laggy device.... The note 5 even the note 4 lags less

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Ok thats simply false. If you cant tell the difference, there is something seriously wrong with your eyes. And so were clear, Im using an iPhone to type this so if anyone was going to buy what you said it would likely be me.

In regards to the topic, no I wont be coming back. I loved the Note 7 but Samsung has burned me enough with their phones. As a company they have alot to learn from this mess before I will ever consider buying their phones again.

Of course Samsung's has a better display no one will go against that but when it comes to smoothness and operating the iPhone definitely takes that

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Exchanging my Note 7 for a new set this sunday. Still my ideal phone.

And anyway, my country has no option to refund or change to another phone.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Of course Samsung's has a better display no one will go against that but when it comes to smoothness and operating the iPhone definitely takes that

Then you shouldnt have said "you cant tell the differences in displays with the naked eye". I dont see in where I quoted you anything about performance.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
That's excellent I'll be lucky to get 5 hours out of this note 7 and around 15% the phone just dies. And let's not speak about lag... The note 7 is a pretty large device, the s7 edge to me personally in the battery life and lag department is way better

That 14 hours is simply playing a video on wifi with a 1080p display and not actual SOT use. Even the 14 seems a stretch.

rtwright68

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm not. Started out with the Note7 right after they came out, switched it for a 7Edge (AT&T), which I didn't like (fast enough phone, hate the edges).

Really wanted a Note experience (had a Note3 many moons ago), so I picked up a new Note 4 (less than 1/3 the cost of a Note7) and will return the 7Edge this weekend. I figure the Note4 will be more than sufficient for what I do (it is a personal device, I have an iPhone 6S+ through work). Thought about a Note5 but no replaceable batter and SD card capability.

The Note4 now has MM via OTA, and I'm not concerned if that is the last major update. Figure I can use a cheaper phone for a year and move to whatever comes next (of course after waiting a while to see what happens with anything new).

Got burned this time buying a soon-released phone too early, not doing it again for any manufacturer!

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
That 14 hours is simply playing a video on wifi with a 1080p display and not actual SOT use. Even the 14 seems a stretch.

Everybody uses the phone for different things certain people just go on Facebook and Instagram some watch videos all day so it really depends on how you use the phone but iPhones have a better battery life that's a fact

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Which opinion do you have though? First you said they look the same, then you said samsungs are better obviously and now your saying they are the same again.

When it comes down to specs of course Samsung has a better display I said my personal opinion I don't see the difference what don't you understand lol?

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I can't decide. I loved the note while I had it, also loved the gear Vr. I did miss iMessage, well i actually missed a ton of group texts between people due to that issue getting off of iMessage. My brother is awful with tech so skyping with my niece vs FaceTime was hard, since he has issues with Skype for some reason. I could live with those two, but the cracking glass has me concerned, especially since I mountain bike a lot with my phone in my pocket, or hike with it in my pocket. Not convinced it will be durable enough. I'm tired of Apple and always loved my android phones, but that durability is concerning to me now. Decisions, decisions.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I can't decide. I loved the note while I had it, also loved the gear Vr. I did miss iMessage, well i actually missed a ton of group texts between people due to that issue getting off of iMessage. My brother is awful with tech so skyping with my niece vs FaceTime was hard, since he has issues with Skype for some reason. I could live with those two, but the cracking glass has me concerned, especially since I mountain bike a lot with my phone in my pocket, or hike with it in my pocket. Not convinced it will be durable enough. I'm tired of Apple and always loved my android phones, but that durability is concerning to me now. Decisions, decisions.

I have always said there's pros and cons in both operating systems me myself I'm going to replace my Note 7 with the new one but I also have an iPhone 7 plus coming in the mail in a couple weeks I'm going to compare both devices and eventually stay with one. Me personally I have a feeling I'm going to stay with the iPhone... Battery life and lags kills the note 7