Jumped ship -- Coming back?

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the iPhone 7 plus since Friday afternoon and can't wait for the new batch of notes. I hate the new home button and the camera is nowhere near as good as the notes.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Well guys I think I'm going to end up going back to the Note 7 on Wednesday, even if I end up having to pay a restocking fee and tax and all that other bull. As much as I want to make myself believe that the S7 Edge is every bit as good as the Note 7, it unfortunately just isn't. I should have just held onto the Note 7 that I had and waited for this to all play out, but I felt like I needed to turn in and exchange, and unfortunately in my case, the option to do the loaner phone wasn't yet available when I exchanged (keep in mind, this was after I received the second email URGING me to power down and turn in.), so hopefully I'll be able to convince T-Mobile to just do a swap out without having to pay money out of pocket, but, I think at this point I'd be willing to part with a little bit of money to go back.

Anybody else feeling like I am?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I had the iPhone 7 plus since Friday afternoon and can't wait for the new batch of notes. I hate the new home button and the camera is nowhere near as good as the notes.

That home button killed it for me as well. That was the weirdest button on a phone Ive ever seen.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
You might want to pick up a budget phone and see what kind of deals Samsung will have on the N7. They'll probably throw in some free gifts to get sales in the next month.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
You might want to pick up a budget phone and see what kind of deals Samsung will have on the N7. They'll probably throw in some free gifts to get sales in the next month.
That what I hoping they do as I sit on my iPhone 5s for now... waiting for a jb 10.0.1-3. Any type of promo for the note 7 unless they wont do it till the bring out the s8

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Well guys I think I'm going to end up going back to the Note 7 on Wednesday, even if I end up having to pay a restocking fee and tax and all that other bull. As much as I want to make myself believe that the S7 Edge is every bit as good as the Note 7, it unfortunately just isn't. I should have just held onto the Note 7 that I had and waited for this to all play out, but I felt like I needed to turn in and exchange, and unfortunately in my case, the option to do the loaner phone wasn't yet available when I exchanged (keep in mind, this was after I received the second email URGING me to power down and turn in.), so hopefully I'll be able to convince T-Mobile to just do a swap out without having to pay money out of pocket, but, I think at this point I'd be willing to part with a little bit of money to go back.

Anybody else feeling like I am?
I need GraceUX. I can't do a Samsung phone without it.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Well talked to T Force and they seemed Adamant that I should be able to a complete swap back to the Note 7. So I'm feeling pretty confident it should go smoothly now.

And yes, Grace UX has absolutely become a must have. It's basically the reason I don't want to hold onto the Edge.

uncannyzebra

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
My only concern is should we wait 2 more weeks for the Pixel phones to be announced. If by chance they don't have huge bezels like they look so far or they have some great feature not leaked might regret being stuck with the note that is almost certainly going to be hard to resell now. Then again the camera on the note 7 is almost guaranteed to still be better, water resistant, and has samsung pay. Decisions, decisions.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I think the Note will still have the better camera and water proofing. I've never been impressed by Nexus specs. They've always to seem to be just enough to encourage OEMs to do better. That being said I've never owned on before. I've been close, but I've always found a phone that was better and I'm not really into OS updates. Best phone I ever owned "Android" was the Hauwie Mate 7. You could not kill the battery on the phone and it didn't even get LTE speeds on Tmobile. I forget why I sold it. I do always think about buying it again just to have it. Oh, it was to gold version that had better specs than the normal one.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I think the Note will still have the better camera and water proofing. I've never been impressed by Nexus specs. They've always to seem to be just enough to encourage OEMs to do better. That being said I've never owned on before. I've been close, but I've always found a phone that was better and I'm not really into OS updates. Best phone I ever owned "Android" was the Hauwie Mate 7. You could not kill the battery on the phone and it didn't even get LTE speeds on Tmobile. I forget why I sold it. I do always think about buying it again just to have it. Oh, it was to gold version that had better specs than the normal one.

I still would never consider a phone that wasn't branded by either Apple or Samsung. As good as any of the other phones look/are, none of it really matters compared to the two big dogs.

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

I am looking for a budget phone now so I can return my iPhone 7 plus. Any recommendations?

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm using my husbands old iPhone 6s in the mean time and I am so ready to get my Note back. Granted this phone is way smoother than my note was but the camera is trash. I'm so tired of looking at the same 2008 home screen on the iPhone.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the V20 is off the table, since not even releasing apparently until 10/21, which would mean most would not have until first week of November- based on LG's previous device track record.

lunchbox88

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll be coming back. Picked up a Moto Z Play, and I've been really impressed with it. The screen isn't as nice (1080p), and the camera leaves something (a lot) to be desired, but the battery life I will definitely miss. Currently have a Screen on Time of 4.25 hours, and I've still got 63% left. It's also incredibly smooth; no lag, no stutters, nothing.

However, it's not my Note. It has no S Pen. The screen is good, but doesn't make you go "Wow." It doesn't feel as good in the hand. You don't look at it and go "Oooooh Shiny" like with the Note.

I've gone back and forth several times about whether I was going back to the Note or not. In the end, I just love that damn phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante