So I set my phone to take the RAW pics along with the jpeg. All is well except that when I want to edit a picture that is zoomed or cropped when I shot it in Snapseed, it only gives me the option to use develop and then it's framed wrong.

I like being able to shoot RAW but I'm thinking if I can't figure out how to edit the frame i shot, I may need to return to jpeg only.

Anyone have a tip or work around for this?

this is the shot I had framed, for example, but the RAW shows the car window and barely showcases the tree.
    cinnamin likes this.
    09-15-2016 07:25 PM
    So I set my phone to take the RAW pics along with the jpeg. All is well except that when I want to edit a picture that is zoomed or cropped when I shot it in Snapseed, it only gives me the option to use develop and then it's framed wrong.

I like being able to shoot RAW but I'm thinking if I can't figure out how to edit the frame i shot, I may need to return to jpeg only.

Anyone have a tip or work around for this?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...b080553e51.jpg this is the shot I had framed, for example, but the RAW shows the car window and barely showcases the tree.
    the RAW edit version
    09-15-2016 07:27 PM
    FWIW, I've found RAW shooting on a tiny sensor as in a cell phone to be pretty useless. I've taken Note 7 pictures in JPEG and RAW, and after editing the RAW file in Photoshop (desktop version), found little to no difference from the camera-processed JPEG. FWIW, I teach Photoshop image editing.

I'm guessing that the program you're using isn't handling DNG files properly - no problem in Photoshop.
    09-15-2016 08:10 PM
    I felt the same. Was so happy my phone could finally do raw. Then realized there wasn't a point. Like bert said, the difference does not justify the extra work.
    jordankreationz likes this.
    09-15-2016 10:14 PM
    I always edit in snapseed for phone pics. It's easier than all the work, as you said, of getting them to a computer to edit the RAW properly but then again the adobe cc has an app for the phone which I've not downloaded yet (I can't recall if it's Lightroom but i feel like it is). I KNOW it's not that joke of Photoshop express. Anyway, perhaps I'll check that out in the morning. I do love the camera on this phone. So glad the replacements are due in next week.
    09-15-2016 10:37 PM
    Also raw droid is a very useful app. Does it support note 7 raws? I'll have to check.
    09-21-2016 11:09 PM
    I'm not sure but I'll check it out.
    09-24-2016 05:46 PM