Note 7 Photographers

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
So I set my phone to take the RAW pics along with the jpeg. All is well except that when I want to edit a picture that is zoomed or cropped when I shot it in Snapseed, it only gives me the option to use develop and then it's framed wrong.

I like being able to shoot RAW but I'm thinking if I can't figure out how to edit the frame i shot, I may need to return to jpeg only.

Anyone have a tip or work around for this?

9f26b230211b3dbdd6006cb080553e51.jpg
this is the shot I had framed, for example, but the RAW shows the car window and barely showcases the tree.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
So I set my phone to take the RAW pics along with the jpeg. All is well except that when I want to edit a picture that is zoomed or cropped when I shot it in Snapseed, it only gives me the option to use develop and then it's framed wrong.

I like being able to shoot RAW but I'm thinking if I can't figure out how to edit the frame i shot, I may need to return to jpeg only.

Anyone have a tip or work around for this?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160916/9f26b230211b3dbdd6006cb080553e51.jpg this is the shot I had framed, for example, but the RAW shows the car window and barely showcases the tree.
f8c7125acc981c61b862ea98a5bfe96e.jpg
the RAW edit version

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, I've found RAW shooting on a tiny sensor as in a cell phone to be pretty useless. I've taken Note 7 pictures in JPEG and RAW, and after editing the RAW file in Photoshop (desktop version), found little to no difference from the camera-processed JPEG. FWIW, I teach Photoshop image editing.

I'm guessing that the program you're using isn't handling DNG files properly - no problem in Photoshop.

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I felt the same. Was so happy my phone could finally do raw. Then realized there wasn't a point. Like bert said, the difference does not justify the extra work.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I always edit in snapseed for phone pics. It's easier than all the work, as you said, of getting them to a computer to edit the RAW properly but then again the adobe cc has an app for the phone which I've not downloaded yet (I can't recall if it's Lightroom but i feel like it is). I KNOW it's not that joke of Photoshop express. Anyway, perhaps I'll check that out in the morning. I do love the camera on this phone. So glad the replacements are due in next week. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1