09-19-2016 08:53 AM
46 12
tools
    Much good will come out of this Note 7 fiasco. In fact, I look forward to future Samsung flagships based upon observations in the past.

From the original Galaxy to S4, Samsung reigned supreme, keeping the same overall look and plastic body (which I still prefer, but that is a discussion for another thread)...
    I thought I was the only one!!!

And the rest of your post is on point as well...i.e. I concur.
    09-18-2016 07:13 AM
    This is a very positive and well-thought-out thread. Thank you! I couldn't agree more with your opinion!

Plus: your username is awesome.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-18-2016 07:42 AM
    This is a very positive and well-thought-out thread. Thank you! I couldn't agree more with your opinion!

Plus: your username is awesome.
    Aww...thank you. I'm also a cat guy. 🐱
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-18-2016 07:58 AM
    rushmore likes this.
    09-18-2016 08:07 AM
    Cute kitty..
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-18-2016 08:10 AM
    I would appreciate if Samsung would use this as a paradigm in regards to sealed batteries. Sure, sealed batteries force most consumers off a device after two years to buy another, but perhaps Samsung will "reconsider" and go to a removable battery once again. They can still get water resistance and slender builds.

Oh, Bigfoot is for reals, people!
    09-18-2016 10:15 AM
    The big take-away for Samsung should be "bring back removable batteries!"

I don't care if my phone is 1mm thicker, just give me a phone with a battery that I can replace myself. It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous!! My Note 3 has a removable battery, and yet it isn't noticeably thicker than my Note 7. I can only tell when I lay them side-by-side.
    09-18-2016 03:32 PM
    Samsung is my driver. Only use their phone and tablet. HP laptop.
    Unfortunately I have to use iPad at work. Hate it
    09-18-2016 04:08 PM
    Cat lover too
    Attached Thumbnails Market driven demands-the cause of the recall-465.jpg  
    09-18-2016 04:10 PM
    I think Samsung has handled this well and there will be lessons learned that will make future Galaxies even better.
    09-18-2016 05:13 PM
    "I have to wait until the 21st?"

I couldn't resist
    delynnie and dakini03 like this.
    09-18-2016 05:27 PM
    "I have to wait until the 21st?"
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...8d30aeeba8.jpg

I couldn't resist
    Thanks to me, everyone is posting pics of cats. The LG V20 manages to have a removable metal back. All you have to do is put a rubber gasket around the rim like the S5 and there is your waterproofing.
    09-18-2016 06:11 PM
    Thanks to me, everyone is posting pics of cats. The LG V20 manages to have a removable metal back. All you have to do is put a rubber gasket around the rim like the S5 and there is your waterproofing.
    That could work, but some reviews and previews showed potential seem openings besides the cover.

No problem making a device with removable cover water resistant , so not getting the lack of it. Especially if premium priced.
    09-18-2016 06:18 PM
    Much good will come out of this Note 7 fiasco. In fact, I look forward to future Samsung flagships based upon observations in the past.

From the original Galaxy to S4, Samsung reigned supreme, keeping the same overall look and plastic body (which I still prefer, but that is a discussion for another thread). Then came the S5 and profits declined for the first time with criticisms of cheap plastic and little design change.

Samsung listened. The S6 came out with a gorgeous premium body but there were new criticisms, ( no SD slot etc ).

Samsung listened. The S7 came out and addressed all issues except the removable battery, but that had settled down to general acceptance.

The Note 7 came out and Samsung fumbled with quality control. I guarantee, Samsung will do as they have done in the past and they will learn and listen. They will do more quality checks for not only the battery obviously, but other issues like lag, signal reception etc.

We will all benefit greatly later on. Future Samsung phones will have a lot more testing and quality control. No more rushing into production, no more putting futuristic features like an iris scanner whilst suffering the basics such as lesser signal reception and sporadic performance.

I for one look forward to upgrading to a future Samsung phone to reap the lessons of the Note 7..
    Here here!! AND i hope they listen to the 3 ppl out there who want them to bring back white versions of their phones!!

BTC
    delynnie likes this.
    09-18-2016 08:21 PM
    I think the new Samsung phones look awesome but the outside glass body is not practical IMO...it forces you to slap a case on it. this is why I like the note 4, the back was removable and textured so not completely slippery. I hate cases, I think they destroy the character of the phone therefore my note ran naked for 2 yrs..why make a beautiful phone only to slap an ugly case on it? I held an s7 to test the camera and this thing is like holding a wet bar of soap with no case on it plus finger prints destroy the looks of it.
    09-18-2016 09:18 PM
    I personally think a removable carbon fibre back would have been the ultimate. It could be sealed with a rubber gasket like the Galaxy S5, could come in a variety of very classy designs and finishes, not show fingerprints, easily allow signals to pass through and absorb impacts well.
    09-18-2016 10:13 PM
    The S5 had IP67 water resistance as opposed to the Note 7 IP68.

Sorry, but plastic backs and removable batteries are never coming back IMHO. Despite this episode, the lack of removable batteries hasn't dented their sales and the whole point of this was to address everyone's complaints that the plastic backs made the phone feel non-premium. People seem to forget that - even a lot of people on the forums said that the phone didn't feel premium in the hand. You see - people got what they wished for.
    09-18-2016 10:29 PM
    09-18-2016 10:33 PM
    The S5 had IP67 water resistance as opposed to the Note 7 IP68.

Sorry, but plastic backs and removable batteries are never coming back IMHO. Despite this episode, the lack of removable batteries hasn't dented their sales and the whole point of this was to address everyone's complaints that the plastic backs made the phone feel non-premium. People seem to forget that - even a lot of people on the forums said that the phone didn't feel premium in the hand. You see - people got what they wished for.
    Well I wasn't one of them. But a little bit of thinking outside the box could have been employed instead of glass or aluminum sealed battery phones. For a long time I thought of removable carbon fibre backs.
    09-18-2016 10:39 PM
    Actually, the manufacturers created the battery problem. Safety in any product should be a priority from a manufacturing standpoint. The market didn't make the batteries fail, the designers or manufacturers screwed it up. I don't know anyone who asked for a phone that was thinner than the Note 3 or 4 or 5. That being said, I would actually love a nice chunky Note7 with an 8000mAh battery.
    09-19-2016 01:25 AM
    Did you not read the very first comment in the thread?
    One comment on one thread does not make reality. I tend to read quite a bit on this particular topic, and no one credible or sensible is doing what you're accusing so many of doing.
    09-19-2016 08:53 AM
46 12