09-20-2016 09:33 PM
63 123
tools
    The only thing I like about the S7edge, is the fact that it got me the promo for the VR...
    U bought the edge or its a loaner? And u got the headset? How?
    mrpat67 likes this.
    09-16-2016 03:50 PM
    I have an S7 loaner and I'm dying! It's so small!
    mrpat67 likes this.
    09-16-2016 03:52 PM
    U bought the edge or its a loaner? And u got the headset? How?
    The Verizon double exchange is setup as a return and purchase... Although it's a loan, technically it's a purchase... When I go back to get the Note, they will do another return and purchase..
    09-16-2016 03:53 PM
    I was actually having this SAME problem all day yesterday and was going to look it up online to see if it was a common problem, but forgot. My loaner Edge has this same issue and I can't figure out what the deal is. It's not lag, it's like the phone only recognizes the home button half the time.
    Same problem, just have to push it directly in the middle.
    09-16-2016 03:59 PM
    "Comparable" is a relative term. Some will undoubtedly say yes it is. I do not. It's hard to describe, but I simply do not enjoy the S7 Edge, yet I loved my Note 7 and can't wait for the new one. The Note has a better "Always On Display", it has a much better feel in the hand, the Edge screen is better (on the calendar edge screen, I get a full calendar view off to the side on the Note and on the S7 it's just the day's tasks.), the S7 edge doesn't come in the awesome coral blue color, no iris scanner which I thought was no big deal, but man I am surprised at how quickly I adapted to using it and now miss it.

I understand completely that most of what I've said here is completely subjective, but no, the Note 7 is not just an S7 Edge with S pen. It is far more.
    Edge and Note phones are for two different types of customers. Myself, I'm happier with the snappier Edge.
    09-16-2016 08:26 PM
    This is why I didn't do the loaner thing. Keeping mine till the very end.
    09-16-2016 09:03 PM
    I'm enjoying the experience of the S7 Edge. It's a nice device and I am happy with it. While it is annoying going through the debacle, at this point I have decided to have a good time and enjoy the use of this and at least get to see what it's like since I do like tech stuff. But I definitely miss my Note 7 and can't wait to get it back. I had it powered down and was using my Note 3 as a back up but had started having some problems with missed calls and spontaneous resets so I needed to do something now which is why I got the loaner. I'd been having those issues with the Note 3 previously too so I was thrilled when I got the Note 7! Now-between the S7E and Note 7 for sure-I like taking notes with the stylus, and I like the shape of the Note 7 a little better-hard to describe in words-just a personal preference on my part, though I still think the the S7E is a sweet device. But I want my Note 7 back and I'm glad I put in for a pre-order again and can't wait to get that email telling me just like before to come on in to get my phone.
    mmsean likes this.
    09-16-2016 11:01 PM
    Yea, getting the same thing with the home key
    09-16-2016 11:04 PM
    Whoa. Wait. How did you pull that off?
    I got my loaner Yesterday, submitted my promo fro the VR yesterday and it was approved today.
    09-17-2016 01:11 AM
    I do notice my S7 Edge loans is faster than my Note 7. Love that, don't like everything else. Need my Note 7!
    09-17-2016 01:13 AM
    8 hours SOT, no lags and I can buy a pen if I really need one. What's not to like? ๐Ÿ˜†

I will watch how the the 'revised' Note's do and if there are no problems (!) I might change ๐Ÿ˜‰
    09-17-2016 03:01 AM
    The Edge is getting worse for me. 4 days on loaner and when I hit the home key it sometimes doesn't register that I pressed it. That is so damned annoying.

No way.
    09-17-2016 05:14 PM
    The Edge is getting worse for me. 4 days on loaner and when I hit the home key it sometimes doesn't register that I pressed it. That is so damned annoying.

No way.
    Yep, same here except it didn't take 4 days. I noticed the home key issue the first day I had the phone. Can't wait to get Note back.
    09-17-2016 05:18 PM
    8 hours SOT, no lags and I can buy a pen if I really need one. What's not to like? ๐Ÿ˜†

I will watch how the the 'revised' Note's do and if there are no problems (!) I might change ๐Ÿ˜‰
    When I read your post, I tried using my S-Pen from my N3 and it didn't work.
    09-17-2016 05:21 PM
    Is it the new VR that you guys are getting though? Cause if not, it's not gonna work when you switch back to the Note 7. I have two VRs, but they can't be used with the Note unfortunately.
    09-17-2016 06:25 PM
    Man do I miss my Note 7.

This phone is nice but the battery over the last 2 days is nothing close to Note 7.

I am getting approximately 8 hours with same settings.

Cannot wait to get my replacement Note 7 back.
    When I had my note 7 before swapping it last weekend for a note 5 loaner, I don't recall it lasting 8 hrs, but then again I use sync all day, wifi, data, Facebook, work and home emails, you name it
    09-17-2016 06:27 PM
    Is it the new VR that you guys are getting though? Cause if not, it's not gonna work when you switch back to the Note 7. I have two VRs, but they can't be used with the Note unfortunately.
    The new VR.....
    The serial number in the terms and conditions match the new (black) version.
    09-17-2016 06:55 PM
    That's pretty cool! Yall lucked out. I may should have done that lol. Maybe I should go buy an s7 edge just so I can get it and then return it
    09-17-2016 07:00 PM
    No loaner never. Keeping my 7 till I get a replacement hopefully tomorrow.
    09-17-2016 07:08 PM
    I have a temporary Edge too, and while it would be a definite 2nd choice, it's a distant 2nd from the N7. The N7is just a little better in most areas and that adds up to a lot.
    09-17-2016 07:16 PM
    Yep, same here except it didn't take 4 days. I noticed the home key issue the first day I had the phone. Can't wait to get Note back.
    Nothing wrong with my home key, and I've had my S7 Edge for 6 months.
    09-17-2016 07:16 PM
    No loaner never. Keeping my 7 till I get a replacement hopefully tomorrow.
    I was thinking that way too.... Then reality hit me that I have to give it up anyway so why not get a little extra out of it..... And a extra bonus of being able charge a phone like the rest of the world, lol
    09-17-2016 07:22 PM
    Man do I miss my Note 7.

This phone is nice but the battery over the last 2 days is nothing close to Note 7.

I am getting approximately 8 hours with same settings.

Cannot wait to get my replacement Note 7 back.
    I find the battery life on the S 7 Edge to be better than I experienced on the Note 7. However, I prefer the Note 7 because I use the S Pen and I just like the feel of it and I'm a big fan of the Iris Scanner un lock feature. Frankly, I can't wait to get the Note 7 back.
    09-17-2016 07:24 PM
    I have an S7 Active loaner and the battery life on it is significantly better than my Note 7 was. It also feels quite a bit faster. BUT.. I miss the Note 7 bad. The S7A is too small. And I don't care for the hardware buttons along the bottom (besides Home).

My local AT&T store is aware of the 21st so I'll be checking in again on Monday and also Tuesday in case they show up early.
    09-17-2016 07:32 PM
    I also get much better battery life with the S7E. Still can't wait to have my note back.
    09-17-2016 07:35 PM
63 123