Using S7 Edge as loaner..not liking

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Man do I miss my Note 7.

This phone is nice but the battery over the last 2 days is nothing close to Note 7.

I am getting approximately 8 hours with same settings.

Cannot wait to get my replacement Note 7 back.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My 'loaner' is shipping this weekend...and the new units are finally released haha so chances are I'll get the new Note before the loaner even gets here haha. Oh, well!

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I agree, there are a lot of small advantages that the note has over the s7 edge all of which add up to a substantial net difference. The note is a much better device. I am really looking forward to getting back to the note.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
But beside the S-pen, is it comparable to the S7 Edge?
Maybe it's just me but I like the feeling of the Note 7 in the hand better. The Edge I am using seems to get warmer than the Note did.

The Edge is is nice device but not quite the same as the Note. Also, apps are a bit larger on the screen which I am not a fan of.

But the battery is really the bigger difference. I notice a big difference over the 2 plus days I've had it.

I think the Note 7 just offers a more refined experience.

And people complained about lag on the Note 7. I NEVER had it but did have and still do have it on this Edge.

Another annoying thing is that sometimes when I press the home key in the Edge I doesnt even respond. Not sure of its just a possible defect with this particular Edge but it was brand new with new Box and everything.

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Was just thinking... now that we know new N7s will be here next week, and hearing someone in the VZW thread say they saw a list of people at their local store that would be getting their replacement notes first because they had participated in the double-swap program (rewarded because 'they listened' to VZW's instructions, apparently)...

Maybe it would be in my best interest to go get an S7e for a few days. Might be fun to try it anyways.

Thoughts?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Man do I miss my Note 7.

This phone is nice but the battery over the last 2 days is nothing close to Note 7.

Me too. Don't like this phone. Also dust collecting under screen protector. I don't like this curve screen. Note7 isn't overly curved...sweet drvice

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Maybe it's just me but I like the feeling of the Note 7 in the hand better. The Edge I am using seems to get warmer than the Note did.

The Edge is is nice device but not quite the same as the Note. Also, apps are a bit larger on the screen which I am not a fan of.

But the battery is really the bigger difference. I notice a big difference over the 2 plus days I've had it.

I think the Note 7 just offers a more refined experience.

And people complained about lag on the Note 7. I NEVER had it but did have and still do have it on this Edge.

Another annoying thing is that sometimes when I press the home key in the Edge I doesnt even respond. Not sure of its just a possible defect with this particular Edge but it was brand new with new Box and everything.

Thanks for that!

It does sound like the Note 7 is in an entirely different league.
I have a Note 4 for my business and I REALLY like it but I don't have any other comparison (never had a Samsung before this one).

My fiancé has the Note 5 and it's an amazing device!

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I was in a large corporate store today and they didn't know anything about the 21st. Even the general manager didn't. I did get put on a list for the exchange and they tried to get me to swap for a loaner.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I don't like the overall styling of the S7 Edge as compared to the N7. It is more 'childish' in my opinion. I really miss my N7!

ahhChu

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
The curve on the back of the N7 makes a huge difference in how it feels in the hands. I can't stand holding my S7E loaner

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Man do I miss my Note 7.

I'm with you on the S7 Edge.... Can't wait for the black beast.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I will receive my loaner on Monday (s7edge).. I am not sure if I should open my package or wait until I receive my new note 7???..The new note 7 is coming in next week...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance