Using S7 Edge as loaner..not liking

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon receipt shows that the N7 was returned and the S7edge was purchased. So being that it's a new purchase, if qualifies for the promo
Nice. Although if you return the loaner and get N7 again I suppose you can get whatever offer on the N7 then again. I guess it's the least Samsung can do given all the crap and inconvenience this has caused.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Nice. Although if you return the loaner and get N7 again I suppose you can get whatever offer on the N7 then again. I guess it's the least Samsung can do given all the crap and inconvenience this has caused.
Exactly! And I am definitely returning this thing... Nice phone but I'm a Note guy.....

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
But beside the S-pen, is it comparable to the S7 Edge?

"Comparable" is a relative term. Some will undoubtedly say yes it is. I do not. It's hard to describe, but I simply do not enjoy the S7 Edge, yet I loved my Note 7 and can't wait for the new one. The Note has a better "Always On Display", it has a much better feel in the hand, the Edge screen is better (on the calendar edge screen, I get a full calendar view off to the side on the Note and on the S7 it's just the day's tasks.), the S7 edge doesn't come in the awesome coral blue color, no iris scanner which I thought was no big deal, but man I am surprised at how quickly I adapted to using it and now miss it.

I understand completely that most of what I've said here is completely subjective, but no, the Note 7 is not just an S7 Edge with S pen. It is far more.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Another annoying thing is that sometimes when I press the home key in the Edge I doesnt even respond. Not sure of its just a possible defect with this particular Edge but it was brand new with new Box and everything.

I was actually having this SAME problem all day yesterday and was going to look it up online to see if it was a common problem, but forgot. My loaner Edge has this same issue and I can't figure out what the deal is. It's not lag, it's like the phone only recognizes the home button half the time.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I was actually having this SAME problem all day yesterday and was going to look it up online to see if it was a common problem, but forgot. My loaner Edge has this same issue and I can't figure out what the deal is. It's not lag, it's like the phone only recognizes the home button half the time.

Same problem, just have to push it directly in the middle.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
"Comparable" is a relative term. Some will undoubtedly say yes it is. I do not. It's hard to describe, but I simply do not enjoy the S7 Edge, yet I loved my Note 7 and can't wait for the new one. The Note has a better "Always On Display", it has a much better feel in the hand, the Edge screen is better (on the calendar edge screen, I get a full calendar view off to the side on the Note and on the S7 it's just the day's tasks.), the S7 edge doesn't come in the awesome coral blue color, no iris scanner which I thought was no big deal, but man I am surprised at how quickly I adapted to using it and now miss it.

I understand completely that most of what I've said here is completely subjective, but no, the Note 7 is not just an S7 Edge with S pen. It is far more.

Edge and Note phones are for two different types of customers. Myself, I'm happier with the snappier Edge.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm enjoying the experience of the S7 Edge. It's a nice device and I am happy with it. While it is annoying going through the debacle, at this point I have decided to have a good time and enjoy the use of this and at least get to see what it's like since I do like tech stuff. But I definitely miss my Note 7 and can't wait to get it back. I had it powered down and was using my Note 3 as a back up but had started having some problems with missed calls and spontaneous resets so I needed to do something now which is why I got the loaner. I'd been having those issues with the Note 3 previously too so I was thrilled when I got the Note 7! Now-between the S7E and Note 7 for sure-I like taking notes with the stylus, and I like the shape of the Note 7 a little better-hard to describe in words-just a personal preference on my part, though I still think the the S7E is a sweet device. But I want my Note 7 back and I'm glad I put in for a pre-order again and can't wait to get that email telling me just like before to come on in to get my phone.

Last edited:

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
8 hours SOT, no lags and I can buy a pen if I really need one. What's not to like? 😆

I will watch how the the 'revised' Note's do and if there are no problems (!) I might change 😉

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
The Edge is getting worse for me. 4 days on loaner and when I hit the home key it sometimes doesn't register that I pressed it. That is so damned annoying.

No way.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The Edge is getting worse for me. 4 days on loaner and when I hit the home key it sometimes doesn't register that I pressed it. That is so damned annoying.

No way.
Yep, same here except it didn't take 4 days. I noticed the home key issue the first day I had the phone. Can't wait to get Note back.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Is it the new VR that you guys are getting though? Cause if not, it's not gonna work when you switch back to the Note 7. I have two VRs, but they can't be used with the Note unfortunately.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad