Using S7 Edge as loaner..not liking

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Man do I miss my Note 7.

This phone is nice but the battery over the last 2 days is nothing close to Note 7.

I am getting approximately 8 hours with same settings.

Cannot wait to get my replacement Note 7 back.
When I had my note 7 before swapping it last weekend for a note 5 loaner, I don't recall it lasting 8 hrs, but then again I use sync all day, wifi, data, Facebook, work and home emails, you name it

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Is it the new VR that you guys are getting though? Cause if not, it's not gonna work when you switch back to the Note 7. I have two VRs, but they can't be used with the Note unfortunately.
The new VR.....
The serial number in the terms and conditions match the new (black) version.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty cool! Yall lucked out. I may should have done that lol. Maybe I should go buy an s7 edge just so I can get it and then return it

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a temporary Edge too, and while it would be a definite 2nd choice, it's a distant 2nd from the N7. The N7is just a little better in most areas and that adds up to a lot.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
No loaner never. Keeping my 7 till I get a replacement hopefully tomorrow.
I was thinking that way too.... Then reality hit me that I have to give it up anyway so why not get a little extra out of it..... And a extra bonus of being able charge a phone like the rest of the world, lol

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Man do I miss my Note 7.

This phone is nice but the battery over the last 2 days is nothing close to Note 7.

I am getting approximately 8 hours with same settings.

Cannot wait to get my replacement Note 7 back.

I find the battery life on the S 7 Edge to be better than I experienced on the Note 7. However, I prefer the Note 7 because I use the S Pen and I just like the feel of it and I'm a big fan of the Iris Scanner un lock feature. Frankly, I can't wait to get the Note 7 back.

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have an S7 Active loaner and the battery life on it is significantly better than my Note 7 was. It also feels quite a bit faster. BUT.. I miss the Note 7 bad. The S7A is too small. And I don't care for the hardware buttons along the bottom (besides Home).

My local AT&T store is aware of the 21st so I'll be checking in again on Monday and also Tuesday in case they show up early.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
That's good. I guess there won't be anything wrong with mine once I get the Note 7 back. Until then, I see why I was never interested in the S7 Edge.

This is speaking the obvious to me. If Note fans had wanted an Edge to begin with, then that's what they would have purchased.

Personally I never used my SPen, and I just can't deal with the lag on this particular Note. It would drive me batty.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
This is speaking the obvious to me. If Note fans had wanted an Edge to begin with, then that's what they would have purchased.

Personally I never used my SPen, and I just can't deal with the lag on this particular Note. It would drive me batty.
I've never owned a Note before the 7. Been essentially LG only since the G2. Had the V10 at time of Edge launch and didn't even consider it.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Was just thinking... now that we know new N7s will be here next week, and hearing someone in the VZW thread say they saw a list of people at their local store that would be getting their replacement notes first because they had participated in the double-swap program (rewarded because 'they listened' to VZW's instructions, apparently)...

Maybe it would be in my best interest to go get an S7e for a few days. Might be fun to try it anyways.

Thoughts?

Horse ****.

The people that still have n7's will be 1st in line. It's about liability as far as Samsung is concerned.

That being said... vzw is vzw so who knows...

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have multiple lines - one of them being the GS7e and I have less than 1GB left in storage and when it comes to that - as expected - it gets laggy as hell. It's like watching a slide show. I am a Note person anyway - so the extra storage is a boon. I need my Note 7 back!!

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
When I had my note 7 before swapping it last weekend for a note 5 loaner, I don't recall it lasting 8 hrs, but then again I use sync all day, wifi, data, Facebook, work and home emails, you name it
Think you misunderstand. I'm getting only 8 hours with this Edge loaner. I was getting 11-12 hours on the N7 with anywhere from 4-5 hours of SOT.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Horse ****.

The people that still have n7's will be 1st in line. It's about liability as far as Samsung is concerned.

That being said... vzw is vzw so who knows...
It's not horse crap. IT called me from my company and told me that my replacement Note 7 would be shipping on Sept 21 or the 22nd the latest. I have this Edge loaner.

Now one of my counter parts who is in Chile on business but left the day after he got his Note 7 kept his. Obviously it was not as easy to ship him a replacement. So he decided to hang on to his.

His is shipping on the 25th of Sept. Not sure if there is a correlation there or not or perhaps because we are getting ours handled by our company.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21