09-29-2016 11:43 AM
69 123
tools
    All the folks that have had bad lag, do not like the curve, easy to scratch etc- Now is your chance- Just pointing out that from the likely two billion and counting expense of Samsung, you can go to another device- no strings attached. Compared to the Note 7 though, slim pickings IMO for new devices at least:

1. 7+ People are raving about the battery life, but the N7 is an equal if you adjust the display to 1080P and limit background tasks (iOS like). Even at 1080p the N7 display wins IMO.

2. V20 Great sound DACs, battery life (apparently), signal reception and replaceable battery- but no device in sight- in spite of the launch over a week ago.

Probably staying with the N7 myself (might change view some if V20 suddenly releases), but folks that obliviously are not happy based on their posts can bail with a guaranteed working parachute
    09-16-2016 04:24 PM
    No thanks... I like my Note 7 and with the repaired ones on the horizon - I'm good, thanks!
    09-16-2016 04:26 PM
    No thanks... I like my Note 7 and with the repaired ones on the horizon - I'm good, thanks!
    Yup same here... Just want that replacement to arrive
    09-16-2016 04:28 PM
    Oh come on. If everyone replaces their N7, I can't get a first one.

Get the iPhone 7. It's very popular. A coworker got a 6 and couldn't get into apple or get them on the phone because the 7 is so popular (or something's up).
    sweetypie31 and lv2bsilly like this.
    09-16-2016 04:39 PM
    All the folks that have had bad lag, do not like the curve, easy to scratch etc- Now is your chance- Just pointing out that from the likely two billion and counting expense of Samsung, you can go to another device- no strings attached. Compared to the Note 7 though, slim pickings IMO for new devices at least:

1. 7+ People are raving about the battery life, but the N7 is an equal if you adjust the display to 1080P and limit background tasks (iOS like). Even at 1080p the N7 display wins IMO.

2. V20 Great sound DACs, battery life (apparently), signal reception and replaceable battery- but no device in sight- in spite of the launch over a week ago.

Probably staying with the N7 myself (might change view some if V20 suddenly releases), but folks that obliviously are not happy based on their posts can bail with a guaranteed working parachute
    Will never go back to LG. THe g5 broke in 2 months and camera cracked in pocket. Have seen others where their screens broke in pocket as well.
    09-16-2016 04:45 PM
    I returned mine today. I liked the phone but going to be tough working in an airport and have people freak out over my note. My note 4 still works great so I think I'm going to wait till note 7s or 8
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-16-2016 04:55 PM
    I returned mine today. I liked the phone but going to be tough working in an airport and have people freak out over my note. My note 4 still works great so I think I'm going to wait till note 7s or 8
    There will be no note 7s
    09-16-2016 04:59 PM
    Hate to say this, but most people won't even know you have a Note 7, let alone android.

The "s" is coming out on the 21st.
    09-16-2016 05:04 PM
    If the potential exploding didn't make me want to switch the iPhone 7 sure isn't
    09-16-2016 05:10 PM
    Looked around at other devices. But its just so hard to replace a "pocket pc" if sprint actually had blackberries i mightve consider the switch but i looked at the extra that come along with having a note. Samsung goodies. I dont know of any other manufacturer that gives out so many treats. Lol
    09-16-2016 05:15 PM
    I returned mine. Going to give the V20 a shot. I like what I've seen of it so far.... If only they'd announce the release date grrr.
    Roman Akert likes this.
    09-16-2016 05:15 PM
    While I loved my Note 2, I am just not 100% sold on my Note 7. If it wasn't for the BOGO deal I got on our Notes plus $300 in bestbuy giftcards I would have to give back I might return them and wait to see the V20 and the Pixel/Nexus Phone. For my own selfish reasons, I was kind of hoping that the replacements wouldn't show up until October so I could see the other new phones.
    09-16-2016 05:26 PM
    I really like most of the v20, the metal back plate and still have removeable battery is nice touch and clean lines... sharp looking phone. Wish the rumored pixel phones looked that sleek. Just a big phone! Erica griffins video on it is nice.

I returned mine. Going to give the V20 a shot. I like what I've seen of it so far.... If only they'd announce the release date grrr.
    09-16-2016 05:40 PM
    Looked around at other devices. But its just so hard to replace a "pocket pc" if sprint actually had blackberries i mightve consider the switch but i looked at the extra that come along with having a note. Samsung goodies. I dont know of any other manufacturer that gives out so many treats. Lol
    +$200 for some gift on their own. Wondering if they will ever give away the icon x's.

I went with s7 edge while i was waiting though i will admit that the priv caught my eye.
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-16-2016 05:43 PM
    no way note 7 is best phone i have ever owned
    09-16-2016 05:46 PM
    I traded in my Note7 for an iPhone 7 and I don't regret it one bit. I wanted a drama-free phone and I got one.
    09-16-2016 05:46 PM
    I traded in my Note7 for an iPhone 7 and I don't regret it one bit. I wanted a drama-free phone and I got one.
    Drama free and iPhone 7 should not be in the same sentence.
    09-16-2016 05:51 PM

And don't forget people with damaged units are getting a free ride.
    mmsean likes this.
    09-16-2016 06:09 PM
    No thanks. There's a reason a very small percentage of people returned their note 7.
    jimd1050 and juliesdroidsync like this.
    09-16-2016 06:51 PM
    Will never go back to LG. THe g5 broke in 2 months and camera cracked in pocket. Have seen others where their screens broke in pocket as well.
    LOL. My wife's G5. In a case and in her back pocket.

09-16-2016 07:15 PM
    There will be no note 7s
    There will be no Note 8

: D
    09-16-2016 07:17 PM
    You've had your phone for less than a day a day you think it's drama free? Just wait, there will be plenty of drama with the new iPhone. At least the note 7 is the best phone on the market, I'll deal with some drama for the BEST. Good luck I hope you don't have to deal with drama like we did with the note 7.
    jimd1050 and shaleem like this.
    09-16-2016 09:14 PM
    Of course you don't, your honeymooning with a new toy.
    mmsean, jimd1050 and lions_lair99 like this.
    09-16-2016 09:22 PM
    No thanks. There's a reason a very small percentage of people returned their note 7.
    Well I did due to the recall and I like how the V20 is looking.. It's been awhile since I tried LG so I figure this is a good opportunity to try them again.
    09-16-2016 10:23 PM
    I got the iPhone 7 in the mail today. 2 things, first it's my wife's and second I am not an apple fan. I get the mass appeal. Vanilla is in every flavor, the most widely used. It's just not for me. I am sure it's got things, but the ui is the same as her 5s. And maybe that's why so many people like it. It also looks and feels like a step back words. It's rounded the iPhone from 4 years ago. Plasticy feel. Again. I am not a fan but I certainly wouldn't switch to one. I know they are much more predictable, but they have issues too. I also don't like the shell game they play with money and rights. The headphone jack, has more to do with making money off there customers and controlling content then spacing. If you want ton make headphones to fit iPhone, the best prepared to pay a royalty. You want to mess with digital content on an iPhone oh wait now that everything is digital apple can lock out content. Nope not for me.

Bet then again, I am still seeing things that were in my palm pre, being released as cutting edge. That phone was 2009. Webos rip.
    09-16-2016 10:47 PM
69 123