10-11-2016 11:21 PM
86 1234
tools
    Called last week, was told that the phones are sitting in the FEDEX warehouse and that I could expect and email with shipping info between Friday last week and Wednesday. It's now been a week and still nothing. After seeing all the free stuff that they are giving the americans, I doubt I'll be buying Samsung again after this.
    That's ridiculous, once I called them and complained, they had my new one shipped within a week. Are you able to go into a Samsung store?
    09-30-2016 10:03 PM
    Yah if I want to drive 3 hours to Edmonton from Calgary. Not going to happen. haha
    cynth.hgn likes this.
    09-30-2016 10:12 PM
    I'm annoyed at how Americans get the 256GB microSD card..

I don't have a Note 7, and am still trying to get my hands on a unit. Stores said mid September, as of mid September they told me Oct 1st, now I'm calling around and they're saying Mid to End of October. I'm annoyed. It's time to retire my current device and need a new phone. I'd settle for the s7 edge but love the way the Note 7 feels in hand, plus the bigger screen and less pronounced curve, the s pen, and USB Type C all are things I look for in a device.

They better release the phone at $200 less on contract. Or INCLUDE the 256GB micro SD card. Some kind of incentive needs to be given for people to go back to Samsung/Note 7.

I'm really disappointed by how Samsung is handling the recall. 22k units can be made in a day or two..
    TheSpiderX and wirelessgal like this.
    09-30-2016 10:20 PM
    Soo disappointed by how they've been handling this
    TheSpiderX likes this.
    09-30-2016 10:31 PM
    Anyone notice Rogers has his phone on pre order for $349?
    10-01-2016 12:42 AM
    Still nothing, haven't heard a bloody thing.
    10-04-2016 04:48 PM
    I have forgotten about the recall now. (Just like Samsung Canada has apparently).

I was DMing with someone at Samsung Canada on Twitter last Thursday. He said he would escalate my case but even he has gone dark now.

I was thinking of reporting the process to Health Canada.

Obviously the method they have chosen to replace [edit: potentially] dangerous products is not working.
    10-05-2016 07:32 AM
    Well out of the blue I received a UPS tracking notification from Stericycle yesterday. Crossing my fingers!
    10-06-2016 08:02 AM
    Well out of the blue I received a UPS tracking notification from Stericycle yesterday. Crossing my fingers!
    That's the dot approved packaging to ship your defective phone back in. Got mine on Monday from them
    10-06-2016 08:43 AM
    I was direct messaging Samsung Canada on Twitter like crazy the last two weeks. They said my case had been escalated. Well, I received my replacement phone on Monday, and then on Tuesday another one arrived. LOL, I have two phones now, and screw Samsung if they think they are getting the second one back. They even had the nerve to send an email today saying "Our records show that you received your replacement Note7, but have yet to return your original device." How about you give me a few days to send the original device back to you since you took your sweet time sending me the replacement. Just for that, I am going to take a few weeks to send my old one back. What are they going to do about it, sue me? Plus, on the news today I hear a guy with a replacement phone was on a Southwest airline flight and the phone exploded in his pocket. This experience has got me wondering whether I should even consider Samsung again.
    10-06-2016 05:37 PM
    I was direct messaging Samsung Canada on Twitter like crazy the last two weeks. They said my case had been escalated. Well, I received my replacement phone on Monday, and then on Tuesday another one arrived. LOL, I have two phones now, and screw Samsung if they think they are getting the second one back. They even had the nerve to send an email today saying "Our records show that you received your replacement Note7, but have yet to return your original device." How about you give me a few days to send the original device back to you since you took your sweet time sending me the replacement. Just for that, I am going to take a few weeks to send my old one back. What are they going to do about it, sue me? Plus, on the news today I hear a guy with a replacement phone was on a Southwest airline flight and the phone exploded in his pocket. This experience has got me wondering whether I should even consider Samsung again.
    You lucky son of a *****. Haha. On a side note, I still haven't heard anything about my replacement.
    10-06-2016 08:34 PM
    happy to say I got my phone today.
    Hugh_Jass likes this.
    10-06-2016 09:31 PM
    Hmm... Looks like we are the forgotten child of Samsung.
    I got my fourth call today to confirm my shipping address this morning. Still no shipping email though.
    You lucky son of a *****. Haha. On a side note, I still haven't heard anything about my replacement.
    I think "Huge_Jass" has your replacement. J/K. Lol. I'm glad I returned my Note 7. For those who received their replacements OR two lol, already I'm glad you finally did. For those who haven't I think of the time to make some noise. We Canadians has always been quiet and let things go. This is one of the reasons why Samsung Canada treat us like dirt. Go to the media, not Twitter, go to the radio stations, TV stations... this is something everyone should know about. I can tell you a lot of people don't know about this because it never gets reported. I love Samsung products but hate there customer service.

Good luck everyone.
    10-06-2016 10:38 PM
    I think "Huge_Jass" has your replacement. J/K. Lol. I'm glad I returned my Note 7. For those who received their replacements OR two lol, already I'm glad you finally did. For those who haven't I think of the time to make some noise. We Canadians has always been quiet and let things go. This is one of the reasons why Samsung Canada treat us like dirt. Go to the media, not Twitter, go to the radio stations, TV stations... this is something everyone should know about. I can tell you a lot of people don't know about this because it never gets reported. I love Samsung products but hate there customer service.

Good luck everyone.
    I agree that I like Samsung product, but not their customer service. It seems the process breakdown somewhere, and different agents gave different messages (some were good and knew where to check for status, but some didn't know and just kept telling me to be patience).

Anyway I finally got my replacement phone yesterday and this was my journey:
    Sept 21 - Got an email from Samsung asking me to provide information where I want my phone to be shipped to.
    Sept 28 - Call the replacement hotline and ask for status, the agent tell me to call 1-800-Samsung and she said she has no access to the system to check status (I don't know why). So I call the 1-800 number, and then Samsung transfer me back to the replacement hotline, another agent picked up, and told me to be patience and wait until I get a shipping notification email (maybe I am not patience enough after all...)
    Oct 4 - Call the replacement hotline again, this time the agent was able to check the system and told me that she is very confident that I will be getting an email on the shipment sometime week of Oct 14
    Oct 5 - Suddenly a UPS shipping notification email show up in my mailbox (didn't expect that...I thought it will come week of Oct 14)
    Oct 6 - I got my replacement phone.

Wow....I am sure that my nudge on Oct 4 reminded Samsung that "Hello...I am still out here with an unsafe phone", and suddenly everything moved so quick in the last 48 hours. So..for those who haven't received a phone yet...I strongly suggest you call Samsung to give them a nudge. Maybe you will get a phone soon.

Good luck.
    10-07-2016 08:23 AM
    LOL....got my replacement all synced and updated. og note7 was dropped off at ups with included labelled box.

new unit doesnt have the iris scanner issue for me
    10-07-2016 11:58 AM
    I got mine all set up and enjoyed it for a full 4 hours until I heard about the second Note issue. Geez.
    10-07-2016 03:23 PM
    Called again today, was told that they know that I called on the 14th and it usually takes three weeks to ship and I should hear soon. As it's now been three weeks he couldn't tell me why I aren't heard anything yet. I'm leaving on holidays on Thursday and wanted to have it before then, guess not. This has been a horrible experience.
    10-07-2016 06:30 PM
    I agree that I like Samsung product, but not their customer service. It seems the process breakdown somewhere, and different agents gave different messages (some were good and knew where to check for status, but some didn't know and just kept telling me to be patience).

Anyway I finally got my replacement phone yesterday and this was my journey:
    Sept 21 - Got an email from Samsung asking me to provide information where I want my phone to be shipped to.
    Sept 28 - Call the replacement hotline and ask for status, the agent tell me to call 1-800-Samsung and she said she has no access to the system to check status (I don't know why). So I call the 1-800 number, and then Samsung transfer me back to the replacement hotline, another agent picked up, and told me to be patience and wait until I get a shipping notification email (maybe I am not patience enough after all...)
    Oct 4 - Call the replacement hotline again, this time the agent was able to check the system and told me that she is very confident that I will be getting an email on the shipment sometime week of Oct 14
    Oct 5 - Suddenly a UPS shipping notification email show up in my mailbox (didn't expect that...I thought it will come week of Oct 14)
    Oct 6 - I got my replacement phone.

Wow....I am sure that my nudge on Oct 4 reminded Samsung that "Hello...I am still out here with an unsafe phone", and suddenly everything moved so quick in the last 48 hours. So..for those who haven't received a phone yet...I strongly suggest you call Samsung to give them a nudge. Maybe you will get a phone soon.

Good luck.[/QUOTE

This is the reason why I always insurance so I don't have to deal with Samsung Canada. Even Even though Samsung makes excellent products people will eventually catch on and will stop buying their products.I hope Samsung smartens up after all this ordeal.

You went through quite the ordeal to get your replacement phone. I'm pretty sure I would have lost my patience. But I'm glad received your new phone early.
    10-07-2016 09:17 PM
    Okay. So what a difference 48 hours makes. I called Bell and went into the Bell store. I even called my Costco where I got the original phone. Seems noone in Canada has heard that replacement phones are still potentially melting.

I have my original phone boxed up and ready to go back to UPS.

But...What's the best play here?

Do I need to keep both Incase I have to be creative about being able to return the original phone at the counter for a different model if it comes down this? It seems the carriers up here are not as progressive as our savy neighbours to the south.
    10-10-2016 06:36 AM
    Okay. So what a difference 48 hours makes. I called Bell and went into the Bell store. I even called my Costco where I got the original phone. Seems noone in Canada has heard that replacement phones are still potentially melting.

I have my original phone boxed up and ready to go back to UPS.

But...What's the best play here?

Do I need to keep both Incase I have to be creative about being able to return the original phone at the counter for a different model if it comes down this? It seems the carriers up here are not as progressive as our savy neighbours to the south.

Yes, what a difference in the last 48 hours. Now with Samsung suggesting global halt on sales and asked both original and replacement users to power down, it seems 2nd recall is coming. I only have my replacement unit for a few days, and still have the original one in a box ready to ship. So now what? Canadian carriers are passive and want to wait until other countries (at least US, UK and Australia) to make the move before they move.

Anyway, time to think about the next phone. Which phone to choose.....S7, S7 Edge, Pixel, iPhone 7, etc.?
    10-10-2016 07:58 PM
    I know, I have my exchanged one and the original one still sitting in a box. I think I'm done now. Even if there's no 2nd recall, this phone's reputation is ruined and resale value will be terrible. I'm hoping I can just return and get my money back. I wonder if return is even an option yet? I can't imagine they can refuse after the fiasco we've been through. Real shame as my Note has been working great. No overheating, battery issues or charging issues
    10-10-2016 08:11 PM
    Double.post
    10-10-2016 08:53 PM
    Per Mobile Syrup

Message from Samsung Canada ;

Update – October 10 at 9:00pm: We received the following statement from Samsung Canada:

“At Samsung Canada we remain committed to working diligently with regulatory authorities, carriers and our retail partners to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation. Canadian consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device. Details of the remedies available for Note7 customers, which will include a full refund at their place of purchase, will be announced shortly. For more information, Canadian consumers should contact 1-800-SAMSUNG.”
    cynth.hgn and stmax like this.
    10-10-2016 08:55 PM
    Yes, what a difference in the last 48 hours. So now what? Canadian carriers are passive and want to wait until other countries (at least US, UK and Australia) to make the move before they move.

Anyway, time to think about the next phone. Which phone to choose.....S7, S7 Edge, Pixel, iPhone 7, etc.?
    Yes that is the next question. As much as I love the phone I am not willing to put up with travel restrictions.

Actually I am so done with thinking about my cell phone. (since Sept 7th.). I will likely go S7 or S7e. I am not doing any phone without at least 4 to 6 weeks of real world testing. So that rules out Pixel, v20 etc. And it also rules out limping along until s8 as I won't get it until a month later either.

Funny I haven't had a smaller phone for a while. My wife has a s7 "flat" and it was refreshing to feel how pocketable it is. I may just go with that and forget about phones for a while.
    10-10-2016 11:18 PM
    I'm done. The original and replacement phone have to be returned to Samsung. They said you will be able to get a full refund from the retailer you purchased the phone from. I am definitely getting my money back. There is no way I want a S7 or S7 Edge. Now I have to figure out if I go with Apple or another brand of Android.
    10-11-2016 01:52 PM
86 1234