Note 7 Canada Recall - Got your new Note 7 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis1

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I saw on another thread someone showed three $10 gift cards including an apology type letter from Samsung USA. I hope Samsung Canada follows suit. Some people here said they got their replacement phones in the mail. What else came with the phone, if anything?

Not a thing, just a letter with addresses of where they would accept the defective Note 7 for return. I guess just keep the s pen for a spare and the accessories for compensation as some people are doing.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Not a thing, just a letter with addresses of where they would accept the defective Note 7 for return. I guess just keep the s pen for a spare and the accessories for compensation as some people are doing.
Hmm... Looks like we are the forgotten child of Samsung.

Intercooler

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I got shipping confirmation from Stericycle in Ontario. I had to chase Samsung with a lot of calls and online chat to speed things up. For some weird reason, they seem to be very slow with this Canadian shipment. The carriers are not even bothered at all. Strange that!!!

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Well I registered for the recall over 3 weeks ago on Sept 7th. I have resigned myself to just moving on with my old phone before I lose my mind. I can't believe it is so hard to comply with a recall on only 22000 devices in Canada.

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Well I registered for the recall over 3 weeks ago on Sept 7th. I have resigned myself to just moving on with my old phone before I lose my mind. I can't believe it is so hard to comply with a recall on only 22000 devices in Canada.
Call them, they will expedite it. I did that couple weeks ago and had my new one less than a week later

TheSpiderX

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Called last week, was told that the phones are sitting in the FEDEX warehouse and that I could expect and email with shipping info between Friday last week and Wednesday. It's now been a week and still nothing. After seeing all the free stuff that they are giving the americans, I doubt I'll be buying Samsung again after this.

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Called last week, was told that the phones are sitting in the FEDEX warehouse and that I could expect and email with shipping info between Friday last week and Wednesday. It's now been a week and still nothing. After seeing all the free stuff that they are giving the americans, I doubt I'll be buying Samsung again after this.
That's ridiculous, once I called them and complained, they had my new one shipped within a week. Are you able to go into a Samsung store?

dc2000

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm annoyed at how Americans get the 256GB microSD card..

I don't have a Note 7, and am still trying to get my hands on a unit. Stores said mid September, as of mid September they told me Oct 1st, now I'm calling around and they're saying Mid to End of October. I'm annoyed. It's time to retire my current device and need a new phone. I'd settle for the s7 edge but love the way the Note 7 feels in hand, plus the bigger screen and less pronounced curve, the s pen, and USB Type C all are things I look for in a device.

They better release the phone at $200 less on contract. Or INCLUDE the 256GB micro SD card. Some kind of incentive needs to be given for people to go back to Samsung/Note 7.

I'm really disappointed by how Samsung is handling the recall. 22k units can be made in a day or two..

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I have forgotten about the recall now. (Just like Samsung Canada has apparently).

I was DMing with someone at Samsung Canada on Twitter last Thursday. He said he would escalate my case but even he has gone dark now.

I was thinking of reporting the process to Health Canada.

Obviously the method they have chosen to replace [edit: potentially] dangerous products is not working.

Last edited:

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Well out of the blue I received a UPS tracking notification from Stericycle yesterday. Crossing my fingers!

Hugh_Jass

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I was direct messaging Samsung Canada on Twitter like crazy the last two weeks. They said my case had been escalated. Well, I received my replacement phone on Monday, and then on Tuesday another one arrived. LOL, I have two phones now, and screw Samsung if they think they are getting the second one back. They even had the nerve to send an email today saying "Our records show that you received your replacement Note7, but have yet to return your original device." How about you give me a few days to send the original device back to you since you took your sweet time sending me the replacement. Just for that, I am going to take a few weeks to send my old one back. What are they going to do about it, sue me? Plus, on the news today I hear a guy with a replacement phone was on a Southwest airline flight and the phone exploded in his pocket. This experience has got me wondering whether I should even consider Samsung again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance