09-22-2016 10:57 AM
117 1234 ...
tools
    True geeks, no. I'm an electronics geek/nerd and I sat quietly by knowing that all would be well and the recall would go as it should. It's lack of valid information (read internet media hype) that makes people freak out.Very glad that Sammy did their homework before the CPSC got involved.
    geeks
    Carlo Villa and debdroid1a like this.
    09-17-2016 09:52 AM
    It sucks for everyone involved. Financially, it's a disaster and I feel very bad for Samsung, the carriers, those that actually got injured or had damage from the phone, and us. Misery flows downhill.
    It was not a financial disaster, don't feel bad for a huge insanely big conglomerate, they got plenty cash !!!!!
    09-17-2016 09:58 AM
    I strongly disagree. It's survivable, yes. Funny. If I lost billions, even if I had billions more, which they may, but the rest of us do not, it would still qualify. I bet they get a great tax break from the losses on this phone.
    It was not a financial disaster, don't feel bad for a huge insanely big conglomerate, they got plenty cash !!!!!
    09-17-2016 10:00 AM
    IMO you are way overestimating the average individual's attention span (shorter than a goldfish according to new studies). It will be on to the next "issue" as deemed by the mass media by next week.
    Sorry, what was that? Attention span? About what? LOL!
    09-17-2016 10:23 AM
    Like the iPhones 2014 battery mess?

Or like this?

'Exploding' iPhone leaves man with third-degree burns
    09-17-2016 11:21 AM
    I hear you, but meh... if any iPhone sheep cracks an explosion joke I'll just say "na, took just a couple of weeks to get a replacement. Meanwhile the iPhone is still 4 years behind."
    09-17-2016 11:44 AM
    Personally I could care less...it's a good phone and I'm the one using it not everyone else...
    09-17-2016 11:46 AM
    It sucks that this phone is officially labeled now. Its such an amazing device. I've never enjoyed a new phone more than the time I have spent with the Note 7. I haven't had any problems and mine never even gets warm while charging. It sucks for Samsung that this whole thing went down the way it did.
    Given that I am already considered "detestable", the stigma is no big deal. ;-)
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-17-2016 02:02 PM
    Eh... Bendgate, Antennagate, Explodegate... there were so many more. They find the problem, fix the problem, then that's all that matters.

THAT phone will have that stigma stuck to them. But by next gen or two no one will care.

They said about 100 cases with some involving loss of property and injury... lucky none mentioning life taken... that would hit any company hard.
    09-17-2016 02:18 PM
    Stigma? I'm not worried. I'm on the annual upgrade. If the value drops below 50% then I'll turn it in for a note 8 next year.
    Carlo Villa and debdroid1a like this.
    09-17-2016 02:49 PM
    I strongly disagree. It's survivable, yes. Funny. If I lost billions, even if I had billions more, which they may, but the rest of us do not, it would still qualify. I bet they get a great tax break from the losses on this phone.
    When the dust settles, the fiscal Vs staff correction and reckoning will be mass level brutal. There will be groups held accountable and also collateral damage with people that had nothing to do with it. Corporate GNA looks a lot fatter when you lose two billion or more. If you factor in the expected growth trend now impacted- double that at least from an absolute change (not the net change).
    09-17-2016 05:08 PM
    Agreed.
    When the dust settles, the fiscal Vs staff correction and reckoning will be mass level brutal. There will be groups held accountable and also collateral damage with people that had nothing to do with it. Corporate GNA looks a lot fatter when you lose two billion or more. If you factor in the expected growth trend now impacted- double that at least from an absolute change (not the net change).
    09-17-2016 05:10 PM
    Like the iPhones 2014 battery mess?

Or like this?

'Exploding' iPhone leaves man with third-degree burns

Where were the self righteous (Gizmodo, etc) for those events? If anything, they seemed to give Apple the benefit of the doubt. Not recalling any calls to the CPSC or FAA then. Apparent bias and sensationalism at its ripest.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-17-2016 05:11 PM
    Agreed.
    BTW, I know it is "G&A", but force of habit for using n.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-17-2016 05:15 PM
    LOL Yeah, I get that. I understood. No matter what, I'm sure they'd still rather have the great PR and the $.
    BTW, I know it is "G&A", but force of habit for using n.
    09-17-2016 05:21 PM
    They just need a "killer ad compaign" to reintroduce it... Some of their past commercials have been REALLY good....Personally, my all time fav:

Just get Taylor Swift or someone to make it cool to carry a phone that could have exploded but has been "fixed" and everyone will want one..lol : )

BTC
    WalkingHorse and Wiley_11 like this.
    09-17-2016 05:45 PM
    Personally, I never worry about stigma. I buy a product based on providing features I desire - not to impress anyone. If I'm satisfied with it, what difference does public perception make?
    james702283 and Wiley_11 like this.
    09-17-2016 08:45 PM
    Yeah, I'm not worried about Samsung. Not the least bit.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-17-2016 09:30 PM
    Yeah. Now people will think all Samsung phones blow up

Even still though, I doubt this will hurt Samsung as a brand in the long-term.
    I don't think this will happen. I know own Samsung will bounce back. APPLE has gone thru recalls. It can happen. Car mfg. Everyone bounces back. I can't wait to have it back.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-17-2016 09:39 PM
    Reading new and breaking news of explosion in New York and dunno what it is... Donald Trump tweeting like it's a bomb and other report saying maybe blown transformer. But latest tweet pops up...

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/statu...32910462337024

The stigma gonna stick a little while longer
    09-17-2016 09:42 PM
    Reading new and breaking news of explosion in New York and dunno what it is... Donald Trump tweeting like it's a bomb and other report saying maybe blown transformer. But latest tweet pops up...

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/statu...32910462337024

The stigma gonna stick a little while longer
    Did you read the replies? No one thought it was funny, so I doubt we'll be hearing many of those anymore.
    09-17-2016 09:48 PM
    I read a few... didn't stop him from using it as a joke no matter how bad. I didn't even look for it... ...timely... just popped on my feed cause I been following politics.
    A fairly known political blogger/radio show guy. Nothing seems to be off limits from political people now a days.

Did you read the replies? No one thought it was funny, so I doubt we'll be hearing many of those anymore.
    09-17-2016 09:52 PM
    I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but I think the worst part about this stigma comes from people who aren't educated on the topic and don't realize it is ONE line of phones that are having g this issue. It's not ALL Samsung phones. I say "I have a 7Edge" and the response is "isn't that the one that's blowing up?"
    09-17-2016 10:10 PM
    I doubt it will be an issue. The general public don't pay much attention to this stuff. I've had to explain the recall to everyone, they didn't even know about it. This is a big deal to people like us on the forums, in fact we are making it worse on the forums by talking about it all the time.
    I don't share that opinion. With the topic being in the news literally every day, people are very much aware of it. What's worse: people now seem to associate the fires and explosions with all Samsung phones, not just the Note7. I've heard my students joke about that on more than one occasion. It'll remain a pain to use Note 7's on airplanes for months to come as well as there no visual difference between the dangerous models and the fixed ones. While this probably won't affect long-term sales for Samsung, this year is pretty much over for them and next year probably as well.
    monsieurms likes this.
    09-17-2016 10:54 PM
    So are you saying that everything I read on the Internet isn't true??????

Of course!
    ajb1965 likes this.
    09-17-2016 11:38 PM
117 1234 ...