The Unavoidable stigma...

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It sucks that this phone is officially labeled now. Its such an amazing device. I've never enjoyed a new phone more than the time I have spent with the Note 7. I haven't had any problems and mine never even gets warm while charging. It sucks for Samsung that this whole thing went down the way it did.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
If people use common sense and don't let media decide for them there will be no stigma. The fact that this is a great device hasn't changed and my opinion is the same as the first day I got it. I will exchange when new phones are available and be on my merry way. It's sad that the media nowadays just beats news to death and spreads any story without verification. Fyi, no 6 year old was burned by a Note 7.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sucks it happened, sucks even more that it was still a Samsung phone :/

Yeah. Now people will think all Samsung phones blow up

Even still though, I doubt this will hurt Samsung as a brand in the long-term.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
It sucks that this phone is officially labeled now. Its such an amazing device. I've never enjoyed a new phone more than the time I have spent with the Note 7. I haven't had any problems and mine never even gets warm while charging. It sucks for Samsung that this whole thing went down the way it did.
Why are you so worried, in a month it's all old news, and some thing else will be in the headlines.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry. By January it'll be history most likely.

Most probably. Samsung will lose money big time on the Note 7 however. They will not be able to recover the billion dollars plus of the recall. It will be interesting to see if there is any effect on the Galaxy S8.

I still think that preorders of the S8 will at least be effected. A lot of people will hold off and not preorder and wait a while to see if there are any inherent issues, like the Note 7. If I was buying the S8, I know I would.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it will be an issue. The general public don't pay much attention to this stuff. I've had to explain the recall to everyone, they didn't even know about it. This is a big deal to people like us on the forums, in fact we are making it worse on the forums by talking about it all the time.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I saw people out yesterday using their S7 phones like nothing ever happened. People who actually own Samsung devices are smart enough to know that only one model was affected.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
IMO you are way overestimating the average individual's attention span (shorter than a goldfish according to new studies). It will be on to the next "issue" as deemed by the mass media by next week.:p

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The OP title sounds like what U2 would give for an album.

Besides, I think it shows toughness. Don't mess with meeee! I have a Note 7!!! Don't make me bust a cell!!!!!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
IMO you are way overestimating the average individual's attention span (shorter than a goldfish according to new studies). It will be on to the next "issue" as deemed by the mass media by next week.:p

Well, all it takes is one Barney Fife at airport screening to go all authoritaaay. One bullet in Barney's pocket can be dangerous.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yup big stigma and it will affect s/h values. There are likely a lot of folks out there that haven't changed their notes.

Most did not based on data traffic usage that monitors actual device models (aggregate view of course). Note 7 data traffic barely changed pre to post ban and recall. Most kept them, as local Verizon and BB stores have also concurred.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
This is the biggest issue on a phone ever, somemore on one of the highest profile phone. It will be in people's mind for quite a while.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I doubt it will be an issue. The general public don't pay much attention to this stuff. I've had to explain the recall to everyone, they didn't even know about it. This is a big deal to people like us on the forums, in fact we are making it worse on the forums by talking about it all the time.
You are so right, only the geeks here pretend the sky is falling lol

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
There's a stigma? Idk... I have been out and about in public using my n7, and only a few people have asked me "hey, is that the exploding phone?" Then we would joke around about it for a few min, I'd show them all the neat stuff it does, and we part our ways.

Seems the majority of people realize that the media has blown this way outta proportion, and just think it's funny. Not 1 person has said "you should really turn that off, and get a new phone"...

Then again... maybe that just cuz I surround myself with smart people :D

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Samsung will not go out of business, in fact they will thrive because they learned a lesson, heads will roll not for the money lost, but because it tarnished the brand. The Note7 still above head and shoulders over anything Apple released this year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar