The Unavoidable stigma...

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
We'll see if there is any "stigma." Personally, I couldn't care less. I just can't wait to get a Note 7 back. I have always enjoyed the Note series and the Note 7 was a great device, in my opinion.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
True geeks, no. I'm an electronics geek/nerd and I sat quietly by knowing that all would be well and the recall would go as it should. It's lack of valid information (read internet media hype) that makes people freak out.Very glad that Sammy did their homework before the CPSC got involved.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
It sucks for everyone involved. Financially, it's a disaster and I feel very bad for Samsung, the carriers, those that actually got injured or had damage from the phone, and us. Misery flows downhill.
It was not a financial disaster, don't feel bad for a huge insanely big conglomerate, they got plenty cash !!!!!

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I strongly disagree. It's survivable, yes. Funny. If I lost billions, even if I had billions more, which they may, but the rest of us do not, it would still qualify. I bet they get a great tax break from the losses on this phone.
It was not a financial disaster, don't feel bad for a huge insanely big conglomerate, they got plenty cash !!!!!

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
IMO you are way overestimating the average individual's attention span (shorter than a goldfish according to new studies). It will be on to the next "issue" as deemed by the mass media by next week.:p

Sorry, what was that? Attention span? About what? LOL!

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I hear you, but meh... if any iPhone sheep cracks an explosion joke I'll just say "na, took just a couple of weeks to get a replacement. Meanwhile the iPhone is still 4 years behind."

mh1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
It sucks that this phone is officially labeled now. Its such an amazing device. I've never enjoyed a new phone more than the time I have spent with the Note 7. I haven't had any problems and mine never even gets warm while charging. It sucks for Samsung that this whole thing went down the way it did.

Given that I am already considered "detestable", the stigma is no big deal. ;-)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Eh... Bendgate, Antennagate, Explodegate... there were so many more. They find the problem, fix the problem, then that's all that matters.

THAT phone will have that stigma stuck to them. But by next gen or two no one will care.

They said about 100 cases with some involving loss of property and injury... lucky none mentioning life taken... that would hit any company hard.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Stigma? I'm not worried. I'm on the annual upgrade. If the value drops below 50% then I'll turn it in for a note 8 next year.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I strongly disagree. It's survivable, yes. Funny. If I lost billions, even if I had billions more, which they may, but the rest of us do not, it would still qualify. I bet they get a great tax break from the losses on this phone.

When the dust settles, the fiscal Vs staff correction and reckoning will be mass level brutal. There will be groups held accountable and also collateral damage with people that had nothing to do with it. Corporate GNA looks a lot fatter when you lose two billion or more. If you factor in the expected growth trend now impacted- double that at least from an absolute change (not the net change).

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Agreed.
When the dust settles, the fiscal Vs staff correction and reckoning will be mass level brutal. There will be groups held accountable and also collateral damage with people that had nothing to do with it. Corporate GNA looks a lot fatter when you lose two billion or more. If you factor in the expected growth trend now impacted- double that at least from an absolute change (not the net change).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon