09-22-2016 10:57 AM
117 123 ...
tools
    It sucks that this phone is officially labeled now. Its such an amazing device. I've never enjoyed a new phone more than the time I have spent with the Note 7. I haven't had any problems and mine never even gets warm while charging. It sucks for Samsung that this whole thing went down the way it did.
    09-16-2016 11:17 PM
    Don't worry. By January it'll be history most likely.
    09-16-2016 11:47 PM
    If people use common sense and don't let media decide for them there will be no stigma. The fact that this is a great device hasn't changed and my opinion is the same as the first day I got it. I will exchange when new phones are available and be on my merry way. It's sad that the media nowadays just beats news to death and spreads any story without verification. Fyi, no 6 year old was burned by a Note 7.
    09-17-2016 12:06 AM
    Fyi, no 6 year old was burned by a Note 7.
    Sucks it happened, sucks even more that it was still a Samsung phone :/
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-17-2016 12:23 AM
    Sucks it happened, sucks even more that it was still a Samsung phone :/
    Yeah. Now people will think all Samsung phones blow up

Even still though, I doubt this will hurt Samsung as a brand in the long-term.
    Carlo Villa and libra89 like this.
    09-17-2016 12:39 AM
    If people use common sense and don't let media decide for them there will be no stigma.
    So are you saying that everything I read on the Internet isn't true??????

Sarcasm
    09-17-2016 12:49 AM
    Yup big stigma and it will affect s/h values. There are likely a lot of folks out there that haven't changed their notes.
    09-17-2016 01:59 AM
    It sucks that this phone is officially labeled now. Its such an amazing device. I've never enjoyed a new phone more than the time I have spent with the Note 7. I haven't had any problems and mine never even gets warm while charging. It sucks for Samsung that this whole thing went down the way it did.
    Why are you so worried, in a month it's all old news, and some thing else will be in the headlines.
    toenail_flicker and dlgus like this.
    09-17-2016 03:53 AM
    Don't worry. By January it'll be history most likely.
    Most probably. Samsung will lose money big time on the Note 7 however. They will not be able to recover the billion dollars plus of the recall. It will be interesting to see if there is any effect on the Galaxy S8.

I still think that preorders of the S8 will at least be effected. A lot of people will hold off and not preorder and wait a while to see if there are any inherent issues, like the Note 7. If I was buying the S8, I know I would.
    09-17-2016 04:22 AM
    As a Samsung user...my outlook on how other people view my phone looks like this
    Attached Thumbnails The Unavoidable stigma...-202.jpg  
    Serkle K, Jona005, shaleem and 8 others like this.
    09-17-2016 05:17 AM
    I doubt it will be an issue. The general public don't pay much attention to this stuff. I've had to explain the recall to everyone, they didn't even know about it. This is a big deal to people like us on the forums, in fact we are making it worse on the forums by talking about it all the time.
    09-17-2016 05:36 AM
    I saw people out yesterday using their S7 phones like nothing ever happened. People who actually own Samsung devices are smart enough to know that only one model was affected.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-17-2016 08:30 AM
    IMO you are way overestimating the average individual's attention span (shorter than a goldfish according to new studies). It will be on to the next "issue" as deemed by the mass media by next week.
    09-17-2016 08:32 AM
    The OP title sounds like what U2 would give for an album.

Besides, I think it shows toughness. Don't mess with meeee! I have a Note 7!!! Don't make me bust a cell!!!!!
    09-17-2016 08:32 AM
    IMO you are way overestimating the average individual's attention span (shorter than a goldfish according to new studies). It will be on to the next "issue" as deemed by the mass media by next week.
    Well, all it takes is one Barney Fife at airport screening to go all authoritaaay. One bullet in Barney's pocket can be dangerous.
    WalkingHorse and chriskwarren like this.
    09-17-2016 08:36 AM
    Yup big stigma and it will affect s/h values. There are likely a lot of folks out there that haven't changed their notes.
    Most did not based on data traffic usage that monitors actual device models (aggregate view of course). Note 7 data traffic barely changed pre to post ban and recall. Most kept them, as local Verizon and BB stores have also concurred.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-17-2016 08:39 AM
    This is the biggest issue on a phone ever, somemore on one of the highest profile phone. It will be in people's mind for quite a while.
    09-17-2016 08:52 AM
    I doubt it will be an issue. The general public don't pay much attention to this stuff. I've had to explain the recall to everyone, they didn't even know about it. This is a big deal to people like us on the forums, in fact we are making it worse on the forums by talking about it all the time.
    You are so right, only the geeks here pretend the sky is falling lol
    09-17-2016 08:54 AM
    There's a stigma? Idk... I have been out and about in public using my n7, and only a few people have asked me "hey, is that the exploding phone?" Then we would joke around about it for a few min, I'd show them all the neat stuff it does, and we part our ways.

Seems the majority of people realize that the media has blown this way outta proportion, and just think it's funny. Not 1 person has said "you should really turn that off, and get a new phone"...

Then again... maybe that just cuz I surround myself with smart people
    09-17-2016 09:01 AM
    Samsung will not go out of business, in fact they will thrive because they learned a lesson, heads will roll not for the money lost, but because it tarnished the brand. The Note7 still above head and shoulders over anything Apple released this year.
    09-17-2016 09:02 AM
    Most probably. Samsung will lose money big time on the Note 7 however.
    I think with the S7 (and other items the sell), they made enough to be OK with the Note 7 mistake.
    "
    first quarter of 2016, and they're slightly better than predicted; the company made 6.68 trillion won ($5.58 billion) off 49.78 trillion won ($43.8 billion) in revenue, "

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/27/11...alaxy-s7-sales
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-17-2016 09:21 AM
    We'll see if there is any "stigma." Personally, I couldn't care less. I just can't wait to get a Note 7 back. I have always enjoyed the Note series and the Note 7 was a great device, in my opinion.
    09-17-2016 09:38 AM
    It sucks for everyone involved. Financially, it's a disaster and I feel very bad for Samsung, the carriers, those that actually got injured or had damage from the phone, and us. Misery flows downhill.
    It sucks for Samsung that this whole thing went down the way it did.
    09-17-2016 09:43 AM
    ROFL

So are you saying that everything I read on the Internet isn't true??????

Sarcasm
    09-17-2016 09:45 AM
    OMG! Yours burned the palms of your hands?!?

Ooohh, Stigma? I thought you said Stigmata!

Never mind... carry on.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-17-2016 09:46 AM
117 123 ...