This was possible with the Note 4 but I don't have that option with the Note 7 s pen.

When I use my s pen to jot down a number there is no option to save it to the phone.

Thanks for the info in advance.
    09-17-2016 08:17 AM
    This was possible with the Note 4 but I don't have that option with the Note 7 s pen.

When I use my s pen to jot down a number there is no option to save it to the phone.

Action memo. However samsung removed it from both s note and Samsung notes... however they are supposed to be putting it back in an update by the end of september.

The other option is to shrink your note down to a pop up window and then load the phone app and you should be able to type in the number from the note.
    09-17-2016 08:30 AM

Please see member Connert's post on how to install the correct S Notes app --> http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5348636

NOT the one that is in the Galaxy App store OR the one that was in the Google Play Store). Most all features of this version of S Notes work, including Action Memo.
    09-17-2016 01:13 PM
    Here's how to do it without changing anything that's currently on the Note 7.

Wright the number down with the S pen on your phone-anywhere. Then hit the button on your S pen to bring up Smart Select, draw a box around the phone number and it will give you an option to 'auto select' or 'extract text'. Extract Text will save to clipboard then you go into the phone and save as new contract or to existing contact, whatever you need.

There you go. The biggest thing here is to wright clearly so it reads the number as what it is. I wright my 8's a little funny so it always sees them as 6's.
    Jaycemiskel likes this.
    09-17-2016 02:25 PM
    Action memo. However samsung removed it from both s note and Samsung notes... however they are supposed to be putting it back in an update by the end of september.

The other option is to shrink your note down to a pop up window and then load the phone app and you should be able to type in the number from the note.
    Good to know it's returning in an update.
    09-20-2016 09:27 AM