10-02-2016 05:56 AM
605 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Got my replacement Note 7 this evening. Took quite awhile but the rep was awesome! So glad to have this done.
    I have Verizon.
    09-21-2016 01:03 AM
    How about your aod?
    I don't normally use it but I turned it on just for you.. Lol.

And yes it's green on AOD.
    jpprice14 likes this.
    09-21-2016 01:19 AM
    Got mine swapped at my local Best Buy tonight. The process was quick and painless since I had everything backed up on samsung cloud already. The rep refused to help me transfer data anyway. I'm on Verizon too. The guy next to me was also getting his swapped and was on att.
    09-21-2016 01:24 AM
    was looking for a thread from first release about some folk noticing a gap between the screen and trim that goes a round. i had that gap too paper about half an inch of the corner of piece of paper went into the phone. now that you mention this edging. i dont notice the gaps any more. and thinking back want to say that blue edging wasnt there either. (cant be 100%) think if i can find that thread it can be verified because there were pictures,
    jpprice14 likes this.
    09-21-2016 01:46 AM
    Not read all of the thread so probably been answered already...

Does anything think the store (in UK) will notice if I keep the charger?
    09-21-2016 01:53 AM
    green indicator now on Canadian units
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-21-2016 02:22 AM
    How do you guys get the green battery indicator? Mine is still the original color
    09-21-2016 02:25 AM
    Got my T-Mobile n7 replacement today. My box says "v2"
    09-21-2016 02:44 AM
    How do you guys get the green battery indicator? Mine is still the original color
    Check to see if your phone has a software update. I don't know about other carriers but verizon and AT&T has sent updates out and you would only get green battery after update and if you have the replacement note 7. Not the original.
    09-21-2016 03:01 AM
    Not read all of the thread so probably been answered already...

Does anything think the store (in UK) will notice if I keep the charger?
    When i took mine back last week( US Verizon store tho) they let me keep the stuff in the box and told me i didn't need to bring anything but the phone because it was a recall, not a return. They said they had even accepted cracked screens.
    09-21-2016 03:16 AM
    Problem is that most people don't read behind the headline. All they read is Samsung phones blow up and that's it. Samsung will have to do a huge PR campaign to regain confidence
    09-21-2016 03:20 AM
    Just an FYI...AT&T rolled out an update last night (at least for me) to change the battery icon green
    sumzitup likes this.
    09-21-2016 04:59 AM
    Has there been anyone who turned their Note 7 in early and was able to get a new replacement? I bought mine August 30th and turn it in September 1st when they announced recall. I'm with T-Mobile
    09-21-2016 05:01 AM
    Has there been anyone who turned their Note 7 in early and was able to get a new replacement? I bought mine August 30th and turn it in September 1st when they announced recall. I'm with T-Mobile
    I returned my phone on the 4th and I was able to get a new replacement on this past Monday. It should show on your account that you returned the phone. Im with att though.
    DBR509 likes this.
    09-21-2016 05:34 AM
    Woke up today with green battery icons. AT&T. I honestly don't care about it if it's green. I'm happy I got my Note 7 back. Period.
    09-21-2016 06:35 AM
    Woo Hoo, got my second exchange in a 90 min at BBY. They didn't do the data transfer and that turned out better that using the Smart Switch cable. I went home and just did the Smart Switch over wifi. Everything was replaced except the app passwords. A lot of apps need to be upgraded but everything was where I left it on the screens. Overnight there was an AT&T upgrade that turned the battery icon green. Most of the custom settings have to be created again such as the sleep mode, clock sidebar and the sidebar setting. Overall not a bad experience.
    lizardchest likes this.
    09-21-2016 07:27 AM
    Sprint.
    Just got update this morning. Green battery now.

Before

After

09-21-2016 07:36 AM
    I had a flawless experience with Best Buy.

My replacement came in yesterday... the exchange took less than 10 minutes and I was on my way!

I brought the box and all accessories... and I was just gonna straight up asl if I could keep the accessories... but I didnt even have to ask .. the girl helping me said i could keep them!

So now I have an extra charger, adapter, ear buds etc...

Came home.. did my software update.. green battery icon.. phone is working great.. I'm good to go!!
    Jona005, lizardchest and Bbarbie like this.
    09-21-2016 07:53 AM
    Just an FYI...AT&T rolled out an update last night (at least for me) to change the battery icon green
    Yep !

Mine updated itself while I was asleep.
    Woke up and had to log in to my phone.
    Noticed the battery Indicator was green.
    Now I see what folks are talking about on it being green
    Sure is nice to have a New note 7 back in my hand.
    lizardchest and dcooper830 like this.
    09-21-2016 07:56 AM
    Yesterday, I stopped by my local Verizon store and exchanged my Note 7 for a new replacement Note 7. The transaction was very smooth.

Carrier - Verizon
    Store or Via Email - Store
    Any difference in the boxes? - I didn't notice.
    Location - Westfield, Indiana
    09-21-2016 07:58 AM
    Got mine swapped at my local Best Buy tonight. The process was quick and painless since I had everything backed up on samsung cloud already. The rep refused to help me transfer data anyway. I'm on Verizon too. The guy next to me was also getting his swapped and was on att.
    They were instructed to only have Samsung reps do it, so if none in store, no transfer help. The process is long enough, so doing the data as well would add an hour more. They want this to go as quickly as possible without many lines of customers waiting hours.
    09-21-2016 08:15 AM
    Had to post your pic on the other thread discussing cracked screen... it looks like a redesign to me but I have to look at pic of my buddies phone that cracked.
    I returned mine yesterday and right off the new one felt a little different. I looked at both side by side and couldn't really see much of a difference. The Sprint guy helping pointed out that there was more space on the top and bottom of the SPen. Very slight and almost imperceptible. For me I noticed it the most in the feel. It felt thicker, though fit the same in the case.
    09-21-2016 08:31 AM
    Whoa!!
    Pretty sure this is no different from before. I looked at old pictures on the forum, and they all have the same border.

Is it possible you had a case on before and just didn't notice? One of the easiest phones to see it on is the phone with the flame wallpaper. It is posted on a few threads here. I tried to grab it to show here, but I couldn't do it using the app I'm using. Look for that and others and you'll see.
    09-21-2016 08:58 AM
    There has to be a way for people to distinguish a good Note 7 from a bad one. Unless there's another way to easily distinguish it, green battery icon probably is the easiest and quickest method to differentiate the two.
    It's not a huge deal to me by any means, but I prefer the uniform look of it being white. I wish they would have pushed a similar update that you couldn't reject (maybe 3 am) and make all the defective battery icons a bright red. And change the dangerous Note's wallpaper automatically to a HD photo of flames and remove the feature to change it. That would do the same thing in the sense of differentiating, without it being a permanent thing.
    lizardchest likes this.
    09-21-2016 08:59 AM
    Well after spending a good part of yesterday trying to get a replacement Note 7 only to be told repeatedly "we don't have any yet & we don't know when they will arrive."

This changed to either no one answering the phones at stores or "we are all sold out - try again in a week"

The best was talking to Verizon and them saying "stores opened early today and they're now sold out"
    Would have been awfully nice to know that.
    traynor1987 likes this.
    09-21-2016 09:38 AM
605 ... 1718192021 ...