Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread

geekstergrl

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I picked up my replacement today at Best Buy. Took 2 hours, as employees had not been trained on the process yet. Sprint/Silver, Washington UT Best Buy Store.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
There was a guy in my local BB trying to get a TMo N7 exchanged, but he bought his at TMo. The BB guy had to explain they have no point of sale record if he bought from anywhere but BB. Kind of surprised the guy tried to exchange there, but he said no help yet from Tmo.

Best buy doesn't handle T-Mobile

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I got mine yesterday, but the s... head didn't give a charger with it because i didn't return my old one. i told him i don't have one and that i am using a wireless pad, he said he can only give it to me if i give him. WTF?

Should I call AT&T and complain? or call Samsung? I understand that it's a defective item so we get $25 in return, but what about the time and gas I spent? Not that it makes a difference but....

Liquid7

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Just picked my replacement at BB. Couldn't be happier to get rid of the S7E. The process was smooth and fast. In and out in under 30 min. Very happy with this BB.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
My replacement is made in Korea and on 9.7.16. Samsungs website says that the affected phones are those sold before 9.15.16 so I'm guessing that date applies to sold date and not manufactured date?

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone who received their replacement use Nova (Prime) - not sure if this is a prime feature....

Under Settings > Look & feel > Notification Bar > Dark Icons

It changes the white icons to gray for me. I like the look - the icons blend more into my wallpaper than the blaring white. Wondering if this has any/no effect on the green battery icon.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure, but the replacement Note7 that I received this morning seems to have a louder speaker than the one I turned in.

rvgraham

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got my replacement from (city omitted to protect the guilty) corporate store. Pain in the butt as all VZW transactions are, but while i was stuck there for an hour and forty minutes, at least I had time to do smart switch and transfer all my apps settings and files.

Then, just as I was leaving, the manager had my NEW phone in HER hand as I was handing her my old, WIPED phone. She then said "Oh no, I just wiped this one!"

Everything from August 19 to now lost.

Oh and the green battery icon is disgusting looking, like a fly puked on my notification panel :mad:

Last edited:

Cappaccinodagreat

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Damn, so I guess thats a "no" for T-mobile. I bet they have them, but they are making people wait until the exact date of the 21st. I mean, why would the other carriers have them, but not Tmo??

amtrucker22

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Got my new Note 7 today at the corporate Verizon store. I was told I had to go there since I got the phone from Verizon.com. The had 7 in stock at 6pm all black.

5 minutes after being turned on, there was a Samsung update that changed my battery to green.

FINALLY have my phone back!!!!!

Just checked, phone date is 9/1/16

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Got my new Note 7 today at the corporate Verizon store. I was told I had to go there since I got the phone from Verizon.com. The had 7 in stock at 6pm all black.

5 minutes after being turned on, there was a Samsung update that changed my battery to green.

FINALLY have my phone back!!!!!

Just checked, phone date is 9/1/16

Why am I Not getting that update? I just put the replacement phone on the charger maybe 9 minutes ago.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Just got my replacement from (city omitted to protect the guilty) corporate store. Pain in the butt as all VZW transactions are, but while i was stuck there for an hour and forty minutes, at least I had time to do smart switch and transfer all my apps settings and files.

Then, just as I was leaving, the manager had my NEW phone in HER hand as I was handing her my old, WIPED phone. She then said "Oh no, I just wiped this one!"

Everything from August 19 to now lost.

Oh and the green battery icon is disgusting looking, like a fly puked on my notification panel :mad:

I might be one of the few that likes the green gauge, but use the material black theme. I think they are trying to make it like the Android icon.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Got my ATT replacement today. Seems a little faster but probably really not. ATT doesn't have the green battery. That's fine but if I have to fly how do I prove that I have a safe Note 7?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
This is going to sound crazy but I wonder if I'll have a false sense of battery if it's always green even when down to 3%.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08