Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Well after spending a good part of yesterday trying to get a replacement Note 7 only to be told repeatedly "we don't have any yet & we don't know when they will arrive."

This changed to either no one answering the phones at stores or "we are all sold out - try again in a week"

The best was talking to Verizon and them saying "stores opened early today and they're now sold out"
Would have been awfully nice to know that. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

What a clusterphuck...
This. I'm going through the same thing with Sprint. And to all of those who want Samsung to lock or kill our devices, really? On top of the runaround we're getting? I'm on the verge of just letting it go and take my chances with the original Note. I'm glad I didn't turn my N7 in for a loaner, that would be a total fiasco. Ugh.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
US Cellular had an update today!
Capture.PNG
I was a little nervous, even though my replacement IMEI was clear. The build date on my N7 is 8/31/16...

ETA: Dark Icon option with Nova makes no difference to the icon:
SmartSelectImage_2016-09-21-11-40-22.png

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
You would think the battery update would update the model number in the about device settings to show V2 after it instead of just changing the battery icon green.

No idea, installing the update now. It seems huge 400mb for just a battery icon change!

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Got my new note 7!!!!

Had to go to the s7 edge for a bit now back with the phone i love. Do not even care if icon is green.

Had about 7 people there. Only black (the one i wanted) but other 2 were gone yesterday night. More might come today

Sleepwlkr45

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Got the text from At@t yesterday, called to confirm and make an appointment, got there and apparently picked up the last Coral Blue Note 7 from the store in Orland park Illinois. Didn't realize how much I had customized my loaner S7edge in the week I had it. Gonna kinda miss the battery life and form factor. Every time I needed to take a note, however, it reminded me it wasn't a note...gonna take weeks to set this one up properly, because I'm kinda phone fatigued, but glad to be back. After all that media attention the green battery icon was actually pleasant to see, though they should probably tell you it comes after an update. This thing so far seems to only like the brick it came with right now, showing disdain for my aukey fast charge plug and chotec cables... or maybe it's just me.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
was looking for a thread from first release about some folk noticing a gap between the screen and trim that goes a round. i had that gap too paper about half an inch of the corner of piece of paper went into the phone. now that you mention this edging. i dont notice the gaps any more. and thinking back want to say that blue edging wasnt there either. (cant be 100%) think if i can find that thread it can be verified because there were pictures,

I remember this came up when the phone first came out, the gap is actually supposed to be there and is in the owners manual... seems weird but the fact that it was mentioned in the manual made it a non issue.

Oditius666

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Got the text from At@t yesterday, called to confirm and make an appointment, got there and apparently picked up the last Coral Blue Note 7 from the store in Orland park Illinois.

Picked mine up from Oak Lawn, IL last night. I just walked in. I returned mine for a refund when this first started. They asked what color I wanted and I got the Coral Blue. They did the basic setup and off I went. Home then I pulled the SD card and Sim back out and put it back in my Note Edge. I ordered a case and am not going to use it till it has some protection. I put a Skinomi shield on it already. I will get my case tomorrow. It's just a cheap TPU (soft) case, but all I want it to do is protect it from scratches. They didn't seem worried about running out, so I guess they had plenty. I get my case tomorrow, so I will have fun setting it up then.. :D

Fraz_IT

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Got my new Note 7 last night, finally! Had to call and hound them 3 times a day for the past 2 days and finally they had them last night around 5:30. Verizon store in the mall Chico, Ca. Black Onyx, they said they were almost out! Had to do a software update to get the green battery icon. I don't mind it. At least I'm finally back on a note 7!! So much better than the S7 edge!!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I seen an article stating Samsung is hitting the states with 500,000 replacement Note 7s, they arrive today
I think they've been here for several days at least. They officially relaunch today for exchanged. I think the article was mainly pointing out that they had only 500K to start with instead of the million or so they needed for replacements.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Carrier: US Cellular
City/State: Madison, WI
Box://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160917/d8cca56338e6330323db530a8f4849b2.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160917/368d8576b0b27ba4af563189fee689a8.jpg
Barcode label: Covered up original label. Only differences are SAP # and UPC code at bottom.

Build date on new N7 is 8/31:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160917/94c42484995de9eb9528cd2bfe0207d4.jpg

Purchased N7 from authorized agent store on 8/25.
-Returned N7 to corporate store and purchased S7 Edge with 3 month return window on 9/10.
-Ordered Gear VR (through S7 promotion) on 9/12. Status approved, shipment pending.
-Recieved 256GB card from N7 promotion on 9/14.
-Returned S7 Edge and received replacement N7 on 9/17. ( *NO accessories needed for S7 return. They gave me the headphones from S7 box before they took the box) No activation fees, no restock fees, super painless!

Please feel free to ask questions!
Is there anyway to apply for Samsung gift again with replacement Note 7? 😎

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang