10-02-2016 05:56 AM
605 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Here's a video on YT showing the Korean replacements today.

09-19-2016 10:06 AM
    Well anyone with any sense would. I just can't imagine Samsung HAD to do that in order to fix the phone. I never heard reports that the normal looking icon was what was causing the explosions.
    There has to be a way for people to distinguish a good Note 7 from a bad one. Unless there's another way to easily distinguish it, green battery icon probably is the easiest and quickest method to differentiate the two.
    09-19-2016 10:08 AM
    There has to be a way for people to distinguish a good Note 7 from a bad one. Unless there's another way to easily distinguish it, green battery icon probably is the easiest and quickest method to differentiate the two.
    Is this something Samsung can remedy with a software update to the replacement Notes with the white battery icons?
    What would keep the bad battery Notes from getting this update also?
    09-19-2016 10:19 AM
    Still waiting for mine
    09-19-2016 10:22 AM
    Why is this video saying Wednesday for us :/
    09-19-2016 10:27 AM
    Latest and the greatest it may be, but I'm not accepting one with a green battery. I'd have to root it to get rid of that and I wasn't going to root this one. Big no for me, here. I'm letting it go if it shows up with that.
    Ugh. That green battery icon looks freaking stupid. Especially on the AOD.
    09-19-2016 10:28 AM
    Is this something Samsung can remedy with a software update to the replacement Notes with the white battery icons?
    What would keep the bad battery Notes from getting this update also?
    All someone has to do is root and change the battery icon color.
    09-19-2016 10:30 AM
    People care about icon color?

Ok.
    Serkle K, AdamHLG, jeffg9 and 7 others like this.
    09-19-2016 10:31 AM
    Here's a video on YT showing the Korean replacements today.
    This is what reporting the news should be. No hysteria and speculation. This is the the problem, how Samsung is rectifying, where you can find a a replacement, what new phone will look like... All great information that probably would have made the recall in the US go more smoothly. Good reporting doesn't bring good ratings though.
    Serkle K and DudeThatsErin like this.
    09-19-2016 10:31 AM
    Report: China also affected by exploding Galaxy Note 7s

This better not cause delays for usa in any way.. I smell foul play and people getting on the bandwagon on these cases.. I could be wrong but now it seems everyone wants to cash in on the fiasco.
    EMGSM likes this.
    09-19-2016 10:34 AM

Ok.
    Icon color does not matter but getting a replacement with the latest improvements does.
    09-19-2016 10:35 AM

This better not cause delays for usa in any way.. I smell foul play and people getting on the bandwagon on these cases.. I could be wrong but now it seems everyone wants to cash in on the fiasco.
    If this is even a legitimate story in China, the big question is confirming if these are the original r3called notes or the supposedly redone ones
    09-19-2016 10:40 AM

Ok.
    Only people who appreciate detail. You know, like everyone who freaks out on Samsung every single year because Touchwiz icons aren't the right colors
    09-19-2016 10:41 AM
    This is what reporting the news should be. No hysteria and speculation. This is the the problem, how Samsung is rectifying, where you can find a a replacement, what new phone will look like... All great information that probably would have made the recall in the US go more smoothly. Good reporting doesn't bring good ratings though.
    Did you guys get any of the new battery icons on you new replacements? What about the one on the power down screen?
    09-19-2016 10:42 AM
    If this is even a legitimate story in China, the big question is confirming if these are the original r3called notes or the supposedly redone ones
    Those N7s were test phones.. About 1,800 or people received them to test before the China launch ... They are not the phones that were later released in China..
    amyf27 and Serkle K like this.
    09-19-2016 10:45 AM
    I'd rather have a blue battery icon but at this point, I have no battery icon at all.... Wish I had a green battery icon to complain about
    09-19-2016 10:49 AM
    Those N7s were test phones.. .
    Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread-when_2.png

When keepnitreel goes wrong:
    "The Chinese owner of the exploding Galaxy Note 7 purchased her phone on Chinese e-commerce site JD, rather than directly from Samsung channels that offered the test units."
    source: Explosions in China show Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 problem may be more widespread than previously thought — Quartz

[Sorry, keepnitreel!!! I absolutely HAD too! ]
    keepnitreel likes this.
    09-19-2016 10:50 AM
    Just walked into a Sprint store in midtown, Manhattan. Was able to get a new Note 7, Blue Coral. The box however, did not have an S stamped on it as previously reported. But I did plug in the IMED while I was in the store on the Samsung site and indeed confirmed it is a safe Note 7. Going to power it on now and activate it and all should be good.
    09-19-2016 10:51 AM
    Latest and the greatest it may be, but I'm not accepting one with a green battery. I'd have to root it to get rid of that and I wasn't going to root this one. Big no for me, here. I'm letting it go if it shows up with that.
    So..... Phone catching on fire isn't a deal breaker. Battery icon being green is a deal breaker though...
    Serkle K, EMGSM, kayjbee and 9 others like this.
    09-19-2016 10:56 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	when_2.png 
Views:	375 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	239870

When keepnitreel goes wrong:
    "The Chinese owner of the exploding Galaxy Note 7 purchased her phone on Chinese e-commerce site JD, rather than directly from Samsung channels that offered the test units."
    source: Explosions in China show Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 problem may be more widespread than previously thought — Quartz

[Sorry, keepnitreel!!! I absolutely HAD too! ]
    Yup I'm totally wrong..... The story has switched again since reading about the China recall......

No problem bro.... love the David Chappelle pic, lol
    lizardchest likes this.
    09-19-2016 10:58 AM

Have you read the updated version? Looks like it was put on an external heat source. Aka oven or heat lamp lol. Too funny there. Trying to jump on the bandwagon and failed.
    09-19-2016 11:12 AM
    Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread-phone.png

FYI Battery icon is NOT green on my phone
    09-19-2016 11:33 AM
    Did you guys get any of the new battery icons on you new replacements? What about the one on the power down screen?
    No.. Just a black square and a 2 tacked onto the end of the serial number listed on the box. No S sticker, no green battery icon.
    lizardchest likes this.
    09-19-2016 11:38 AM
    Only people who appreciate detail. You know, like everyone who freaks out on Samsung every single year because Touchwiz icons aren't the right colors
    Lmao....
    delynnie likes this.
    09-19-2016 11:39 AM
    Well, considering it is the home market and a significant amount of the South Korean economy, I would expect more rational reporting there than here, where Apple dominated the tech journalist world...
    09-19-2016 11:40 AM
605 ... 56789 ...