10-02-2016 05:56 AM
605 ... 678910 ...
tools
    The green icon is coming from an update. I currently have an update avail and it says once completed the icon will turn green if the phone is safe havent done it yet nervous to see if it limits the phone or not
    09-19-2016 11:44 AM
    I currently have an update
    Hmmm. Mine shows "The latest updates have already been installed." But I do not have the green icon.
    Current Version:
    N930R4TYS1APH1

US Cell, Madison, WI
    09-19-2016 11:51 AM
    New Verizon update today will give you the new green battery icons.

I'm going to update it now and see what it does to my explosive Note 7.

Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread-update.jpg
    09-19-2016 11:52 AM
    New Verizon update today will give you the new green battery icons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	update.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	633.0 KB 
ID:	239878
    Great except that fact VZW is holding onto the phone for some dumb reason.
    jayp1306 likes this.
    09-19-2016 11:54 AM
    Great except that fact VZW is holding onto the phone for some dumb reason.
    I kniw right. Called all our local stores and all said dont have them yet maybe wednesday... code for we have them and not giving them out yet... my thoughts anyways
    09-19-2016 11:57 AM
    So lame ! I am never pre-ordering again ever this is so annoying and ya I'm wondering if these stores are legit clueless or playing dumb
    09-19-2016 12:09 PM
    I kniw right. Called all our local stores and all said dont have them yet maybe wednesday... code for we have them and not giving them out yet... my thoughts anyways
    I think you're right. Either to make sure it's an organized date where all stores start doing the exchanges (yeah, right) or they demanded breathing room from the launch of the iPhone (more likely). Either way, sucks for us Verizon users and hoping they have enough replacements Wednesday.
    09-19-2016 12:14 PM
    OK, No new green icons for my original Note 7 after the update.
    Now to charge it and see if it is gimped to only 60%

Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread-update2.jpgNote 7: I got my replacement! Thread-update3.jpg
    lizardchest likes this.
    09-19-2016 12:25 PM
    I think you're right. Either to make sure it's an organized date where all stores start doing the exchanges (yeah, right) or they demanded breathing room from the launch of the iPhone (more likely). Either way, sucks for us Verizon users and hoping they have enough replacements Wednesday.
    My local verizons aren't even busy with the iPhone clan. Wife walked in on Friday no line and got one. I think they are just saying we have until the 21st to release and that's when we will
    09-19-2016 12:25 PM
    I wonder if the safety recall notice will keep randomly appearing on the bad Note 7s. Or maybe every time it powers up, or some other frequency to annoy the user.
    09-19-2016 12:30 PM
    Att got them in and can't exchange till the 21st . I tried to see if I could a no recept return with my best buy att note but they couldn't find it in the system obviously and then still they said if you had receipt also they still wouldn't do it till 21st.
    09-19-2016 12:37 PM
    I wonder if the safety recall notice will keep randomly appearing on the bad Note 7s. Or maybe every time it powers up, or some other frequency to annoy the user.
    That's actually a very good idea. It would push users of the old N7 to exchange without the liability of bricking the phones.
    AdamHLG likes this.
    09-19-2016 12:39 PM
    They wont, so get ready for the barrage of complaints on that. I plan on calling Wed Morning and having my replacement shipped. This phone was an early birthday present for me, at this rate it mat turn out to be a late birthday present
    09-19-2016 12:40 PM
    The second I plugged it in to charge that safety warning popped right up.
    09-19-2016 12:41 PM
    walked into my local AT&T Store at 9:07 this morning, told maybe Wednesday so I said see you Wednesday after work, was then told better Friday, no freaking way will I wait till Friday when it clearly says on their own Website which I have in my hands that it says No Later Than Wednesday for previous owners
    09-19-2016 12:57 PM
    I returned my note 7 last week to the AT&T store for a full refund and no loaner. I went back in the store this morning and was gonna buy a new S7E. Clerk told me he had a whole shipment of Black Note 7's and I asked if I could buy one and he said they are selling them just like they would any other phone. Everyone was welcome to exchange or buy a new note 7. So mine has a build date of 9-9-16 made in Korea. No green Icon
    lizardchest likes this.
    09-19-2016 01:21 PM
    I just called, the lady at AT&T said that it'll be sometime this week, but they don't know how they're going to handle the process so they're only be handing out limited quantities. She put my name down and she's going to call me to let me know that the device has come in, but they don't know about any pre-orders or what to do after that.

What a mess.
    09-19-2016 01:33 PM
    I get both the N7 replacement and the ip7 plus this week. Having a hard time deciding as the iP7 is so damn smooth. Wife seems to be staying with the iP7 plus instead of getting a Note 7 replacement.
    09-19-2016 01:35 PM
    Got my replacement a little while ago today. Bought online from Samsung in BC Canada. Black square top right on the info sticker on bottom of box.
    09-19-2016 02:05 PM
    Stopped by my local AT&T Orange County store to see what they'd say. Was on my way past there so figured why not. I said I heard they would have replacement units in this week. Guy said to check back on Wed; they hadn't received anything yet. I asked if there was some kind of list or way to be notified cause every time I call, no one answers. He gave me his card and said I could text him Wed. Guess I'll just wait till Wed to try again.
    09-19-2016 02:08 PM
    Well I just called customer service after I reported that two stores said that although I pre-ordered it online that I couldn't bring my phone in to exchange. So customer service asked for and I gave them the addresses and phone numbers of those stores. In addition, I requested and was given the option of Sprint sending me a phone via Next Day UPS when a shipment comes into the warehouse (Lawrenceville, KY). I got an order number and I will wait it out.
    lizardchest likes this.
    09-19-2016 02:26 PM
    Got mine in san antonio, tx
    Called 5 different sprint stores.

Sprint on walzem has black and silver. Sprint in the forum has all the colors. Sprint on austin hwy has them but they told me they wont do exchanges till tomorrow.

Is it me or does this new version have an extra amount of bloatware.
    09-19-2016 03:20 PM
    Got my replacement a little while ago today. Bought online from Samsung in BC Canada. Black square top right on the info sticker on bottom of box.
    Did they send a new unlock code? What was the build date?
    09-19-2016 03:42 PM
    At&t in times square just for them

Getting my black now
    09-19-2016 03:54 PM
    Got my replacement from the corporate Sprint store in Maple Grove, MN @11:30am today. Corporate store in Minnetonka has them as well. I have the latest updates loaaded, and there are no green battery icons. It could be that Sprint has not released this update yet. I did check my IMEI, and it is good. The manufacturing date of my Chinese made Note 7 is, 9/10/2016
    lizardchest likes this.
    09-19-2016 03:59 PM
605 ... 678910 ...