10-02-2016 05:56 AM
605 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Jealous... Decided to return mine and re purchase when it's released again so I could get it through Costco this time instead of my carrier for the perks... But now I have to wait longer!
    09-19-2016 04:02 PM
    Stopped by my local AT&T Orange County store to see what they'd say. Was on my way past there so figured why not. I said I heard they would have replacement units in this week. Guy said to check back on Wed; they hadn't received anything yet. I asked if there was some kind of list or way to be notified cause every time I call, no one answers. He gave me his card and said I could text him Wed. Guess I'll just wait till Wed to try again.
    AT&T in MA got theirs this morning - picked mine up at around 12:30 PM - just finishing SmartSwitch Restore now. Will report back later this afternoon. Have pictures, etc. Interesting note - Made in Korea, not China on my box but has the black square everyone speaks of. More to come! ??? :-|
    09-19-2016 04:16 PM
    AT&T in MA got theirs this morning - picked mine up at around 12:30 PM - just finishing SmartSwitch Restore now. Will report back later this afternoon. Have pictures, etc. Interesting note - Made in Korea, not China on my box but has the black square everyone speaks of. More to come! ??? :-|
    Wow, really? Congrats!
    09-19-2016 04:19 PM
    Thank you, jpprice14 for all this great new information.
    I believe that you have the newest Note 7 with all the new battery options.

I'm wondering if I should hold out another week or two before swapping mine as I would rather have one of the latest improved models like yours.

Now we know that there are different replacement models, early ones without the latest improvements and the "Real Deal" with new icons.
    ugh. i want the newest for sure!
    09-19-2016 04:22 PM
    Wow, really? Congrats!
    Hi all after aol the fiasco i also got my new note 7. This was from best buy in MA. They only had fot att ones. I got my blue coral. The box had a black square , made in Korea, same att ugly box and no green battery indicator.
    lizardchest, jimd1050 and Serkle K like this.
    09-19-2016 04:24 PM
    Anybody got one from a Verizon retailer yet or a store in California?

Thanks.

Monique
    09-19-2016 04:31 PM
    AT&T in Flowood, Miss received theirs this morning and changed mine out...the process was pretty straight forward, I was the 1st person to get the replacement...
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-19-2016 04:36 PM
    Hi all after aol the fiasco i also got my new note 7. This was from best buy in MA. They only had fot att ones. I got my blue coral. The box had a black square , made in Korea, same att ugly box and no green battery indicator.
    I detest AT&T's crummy, cheap boxes. Why do they do that? It's actually negative for their brand, in my opinion.
    jimd1050, Serkle K and keepnitreel like this.
    09-19-2016 04:41 PM
    Anyone get a replacement prior to 9/17 1:30p CST?
    Asking for bragging rights...

Not trying to rub it in; those of you still waiting, your day will come.
    seajypsy likes this.
    09-19-2016 04:42 PM
    Anyone get a replacement prior to 9/17 1:30p CST?
    Asking for bragging rights...

Not trying to rub it in; those of you still waiting, your day will come.
    I'm assuming T-Mo is last on the list for replacements. They dont' have the foggiest idea when their stock will arrive.
    lsmith9523 likes this.
    09-19-2016 04:48 PM
    New Verizon update today will give you the new green battery icons.

I'm going to update it now and see what it does to my explosive Note 7.

Attachment 239878
    Only a green battery if it's safe.
    09-19-2016 04:51 PM
    Only a green battery if it's safe.
    It seems to be like this, for the time being:
    All Notes with a green battery icon are safe, but not all safe Notes have a green battery icon.
    Once all updates are rolled out, all safe Notes should have the green battery icon.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-19-2016 04:54 PM
    Im in Fairfax Va, and received my from the Sprint Store at FairOaks Mall. My unit was made in China.
    09-19-2016 04:58 PM
    Notice the "P2" in the MEID, and the black square on the bottom right corner.
    09-19-2016 04:59 PM
    How do you find the manufactured date?
    09-19-2016 05:28 PM
    "How do you find the manufactured date?"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo
    09-19-2016 05:30 PM
    Did they send a new unlock code? What was the build date?
    No they didn't sent a new unlock code, I will be calling either today or tomorrow to get a new one sent. How do you find the build date?
    09-19-2016 05:31 PM
    No they didn't sent a new unlock code, I will be calling either today or tomorrow to get a new one sent. How do you find tbe build date?
    See post 216
    09-19-2016 05:35 PM
    "How do you find the manufactured date?"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo
    We shouldn't have to download a app to be assured we are getting safe phones.
    scottishlassy likes this.
    09-19-2016 05:44 PM
    Anybody got one from a Verizon retailer yet or a store in California?

Thanks.

Monique
    Verizon is too busy taking things out of the software.
    And adding more bloatware.
    keepnitreel and dogdooley like this.
    09-19-2016 05:45 PM
    We shouldn't have to download a app to be assured we are getting safe phones.
    You don't need to download an app to be assured your phone is safe. You can use the Samsung IMEI website to do that.

The app will tell you what the build date of your phone is, which is not the same thing as verifying that it is clear to use.
    For instance, my phone was manufactured before the recall was announced (8/31), but the IMEI checker verified that my phone is safe.
    09-19-2016 05:47 PM
    Went to a Verizon store in Pittsburgh today and they said to come back Wednesday as they didn't have any new stock yet.

No list to put my name one & replacements will be handed out "1st come 1st served".

Pretty sure they had them already but were not willing to swap them out yet...
    lizardchest likes this.
    09-19-2016 05:55 PM
    Went to a Verizon store in Pittsburgh today and they said to come back Wednesday as they didn't have any new stock yet.

No list to put my name one & replacements will be handed out "1st come 1st served".

Pretty sure they had them already but were not willing to swap them out yet...
    That's how all the stores are here too just give em up already !
    09-19-2016 06:09 PM
    Exchanged mine today at the AT&T store in York, Pa. They had a lot of them in stock. Mine is Korean built with a build date of 09/09. I asked the guy if they were just doing exchanges or selling also. He said they have done all the exchanges so now they are selling them
    09-19-2016 06:14 PM
    Got mine from Best Buy. I got home and got the email that it was now available for pickup. Got there, and had to let the girl know it was ready, as she tried to tell me they couldn't do it until Wednesday. Showed her the Best Buy email, followed by the Samsung email stating "No Later than the 21st." She finally got the OK from her manager, and then proceeded to say to someone else, "[she] knew they had them in the back since last week, but wasn't sure where since they were waiting for the recall to finish." I had to then explain to her that the 21st and the replacement was part of the recall.

She got it, had a slight issue with the purchase part because I was buying it out right and the initial "pre-order" process automatically puts it as a 2yr agreement. Fixed that, proceeded with the purchase. Got accessories for a bundle (2 wireless chargers and a screen protector - already have cases from amazon). Found out from the Samsung Rep in there, that the Note should now be eligible for the free VR gift or another 256 GB card. Going to try to get the SD card, since I have a 10% off coupon from Best Buy, I'll consider getting the Gear VR with it later.

Overall I was out of there within an hour, and that included having them put on a screen protector for me. They did kind of a crappy job with that too, but I'm just happy to get the Note back now!

Ugly AT&T box, with the black square on the IMEI sticker. Made in Korea like my last one, and the IMEI check out as safe. Going to charge it up before I do anything with it, not even going to turn it on yet. Good thing I grabbed the 2 Fast Wireless Chargers.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-19-2016 06:17 PM
605 ... 7891011 ...