Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I thought I read an article saying that the green battery icon was only for S. Korea. I believe the article said the phones for the US would not have green battery icons.

mh1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon store wasn't even crowded yesterday.... More workers than customers... Guess they had everyone on staff, working in anticipation of the iPhone rush that obviously didn't happen. At least, not at that location.

Last Friday I drove past a local Best Buy in Avon, In, 10 minutes before opening. Seven blue shirts standing outside waiting for the onslaught...however, no fanboys in sight.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Same situation here and no one answers their phones either. Best buy still clueless and I can't track the preorder for the replacement either

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Last Friday I drove past a local Best Buy in Avon, In, 10 minutes before opening. Seven blue shirts standing outside waiting for the onslaught...however, no fanboys in sight.

That's the store i'm patiently waiting for my Note 7 from lol.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I thought I read an article saying that the green battery icon was only for S. Korea. I believe the article said the phones for the US would not have green battery icons.

You are correct. jpprice14 is in S. Korea. I don't know if anyone else caught that though.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else with a replacement have these new battery symbols?

I do not have the green icon, but my IMEI shows as clear. I chatted with Sammy support and they said it (green battery icon) would be in the next update, "within the next month".
For a refresher, my build date is 8/31

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Well anyone with any sense would. I just can't imagine Samsung HAD to do that in order to fix the phone. I never heard reports that the normal looking icon was what was causing the explosions.
There has to be a way for people to distinguish a good Note 7 from a bad one. Unless there's another way to easily distinguish it, green battery icon probably is the easiest and quickest method to differentiate the two.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
There has to be a way for people to distinguish a good Note 7 from a bad one. Unless there's another way to easily distinguish it, green battery icon probably is the easiest and quickest method to differentiate the two.

Is this something Samsung can remedy with a software update to the replacement Notes with the white battery icons?
What would keep the bad battery Notes from getting this update also?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Latest and the greatest it may be, but I'm not accepting one with a green battery. I'd have to root it to get rid of that and I wasn't going to root this one. Big no for me, here. I'm letting it go if it shows up with that.
Ugh. That green battery icon looks freaking stupid. Especially on the AOD.

seajypsy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Here's a video on YT showing the Korean replacements today.
This is what reporting the news should be. No hysteria and speculation. This is the the problem, how Samsung is rectifying, where you can find a a replacement, what new phone will look like... All great information that probably would have made the recall in the US go more smoothly. Good reporting doesn't bring good ratings though.