Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread

simplystephlb

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Anybody got one from a Verizon retailer yet or a store in California?

Thanks.

Monique
I'm in Yuba City in Northern California, so I'm in a smaller market than in So Cal or the Bay Area. But, it's not available here yet. Regardless, I'm turning in my S7 Edge on Wednesday whether the N7s are available or not. I'm not getting stuck with the S7.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Called AT&T corporate store 3 this afternoon. My daughter and I were actually the 1st to get the new note 7. They had come in about an hour before I called. Black, silver and blue came in. Walked out with 2 blue. Does have the black square. No green Battery indicator. For the life of me can not find manufacture date. If someone could help I'll let you all know.

Attachments

• 296.jpg
    296.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 129

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I hate to say it but you are 100% correct. :-\
It's not anything to be happy about. I've already post poned my lawn mowing duties to thursday, and rescheduled the laundry to Friday as to free up my evening to be able to get the bloat off this damn thing and have it somewhat close to what I did before.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
My att new note 7 box is also identical :). How do we find out manufacturing date guys? Also did anyone see that the charger says adaptive fast charging . I don't recall this on the old one do you? Why are some of the new ones made in China and some in Korea? Would that mean the Korea battery is a tweaked version of the bad one or they took the good batteries and assembled in Korea?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
My att new note 7 box is also identical :). How do we find out manufacturing date guys? Also did anyone see that the charger says adaptive fast charging . I don't recall this on the old one do you? Why are some of the new ones made in China and some in Korea? Would that mean the Korea battery is a tweaked version of the bad one or they took the good batteries and assembled in Korea?
My old 7 said adaptive fast charging. If you want to be sure yours is OK you can check the imei number on the Samsung website.

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Dont have mine yet. But I called 3 stores in Austin Tx and they do have them as long as its a replacement for an existing Note 7. Be picking mine up first thing tomorrow morning

68bowtie

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Walked into my store in Stevens point,wi. Was the first to get new one. No green battery, just mark on box. Mine was Korea 9-10-16

Last edited:

James Pettengill

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Just traded two of them at corporate AT&T store in Shawnee, Ok. Both made in Korea with black square on box. No green battery icon anywhere on any screen. Ran the numbers thought Samsung's imei checker and both came out safe. Both manufactured 9/10/16.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Maybe because Note 7s made before a certain date have bad batteries???

Ok, what date is that? On which day did Samsung stop making defective phones and start making ones that were fixed? Because if we don't know that date, then comparing any other dates to an unknown date is pointless.

Here's how you can actually tell whether or not your phone is defective:

1. Did you receive it as an exchange for the one that you originally purchased or purchase it after October 21, 2016? If No to both, your phone is defective.
2. Does the site Samsung provided to check your IMEI say that your device is good? No? Then your phone is defective.

Else; ok.