Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread

7AndTRT

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if the safety recall notice will keep randomly appearing on the bad Note 7s. Or maybe every time it powers up, or some other frequency to annoy the user.

Personally they need to kill switch them.

There's no valid excuse other than selfishness to refuse to exchange it. Period.

seajypsy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
The Samsung + app in my replacement phone has a "check my phone" option in the "For You" section that will automatically check the database.

Angus66

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, what date is that? On which day did Samsung stop making defective phones and start making ones that were fixed? Because if we don't know that date, then comparing any other dates to an unknown date is pointless.

Here's how you can actually tell whether or not your phone is defective:

1. Did you receive it as an exchange for the one that you originally purchased or purchase it after October 21, 2016? If No to both, your phone is defective.
2. Does the site Samsung provided to check your IMEI say that your device is good? No? Then your phone is defective.

Else; ok.

You could direct your venom to those that actually wanted to know when the phones were manufactured instead of the guy that simply took a guess as to why they asked...

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Kill switching them would make the airlines happy which will help get sales on track because for corporate accounts, how can you sell a phone that you might get hassled using on an airplane. Yes people can use them on wifi but I bet 90+% of the people would be running to get a free replacement. It's a no brainer to get a free replacement.

There's no valid excuse other than selfishness to refuse to exchange it. Period.

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Carrier: at&t
Store or via mail: Store
Any difference in the boxes: Black square, no 'S'
Color: Black (same as original, I didn't ask to switch)
Manufacturing Date: 9/10/2016

Stopped by the store after work this evening and was pleasantly surprised to learn this store has had replacements since this morning. The swap took a little while because the staff was still new to the process, but after about 20 minutes I walked out with my brand new Note 7. :cool:

Last edited:

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

If you bought your phone from Samsung.com, there is no way to return it. And, Samsung will not send you a replacement. You have to return the phone and get a refund, except there is no way to return the phone and no other options. They suggest that you just buy the phone when it goes on sale again. Some of us have been waiting for over a week for them to email us a shipping label so that we can at least get the promised refund. Others have posted that FedEx and UPS have refused to transport the phones back to Samsung. Carriers and others will not exchange a phone purchased from Samsung directly. So some of us are stuck with our bombs until Samsung gets their act together. So far all of the Samsung.com buyers want to return our phones, but can't.

Galaxy Note 7 exchange program not working for Samsung.com customers | BGR

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok, what date is that? On which day did Samsung stop making defective phones and start making ones that were fixed? Because if we don't know that date, then comparing any other dates to an unknown date is pointless.

Here's how you can actually tell whether or not your phone is defective:

1. Did you receive it as an exchange for the one that you originally purchased or purchase it after October 21, 2016? If No to both, your phone is defective.
2. Does the site Samsung provided to check your IMEI say that your device is good? No? Then your phone is defective.

Else; ok.
Dang, October 21 2016? Back to the future status, huh?

Joking aside, I had my local T-Mobile store say they had replacements Note 7s on September 17th 2016. So I swapped out my original device for it. The exchange device has a manufacturers date of August 24th 2016 and the IMEI also came up as a defected model. So the date on when it was made does matter, but only to an extent.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You could direct your venom to those that actually wanted to know when the phones were manufactured instead of the guy that simply took a guess as to why they asked...
No venom intended, sorry if it came off that way. I think you're right on the reason people care.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Dang, October 21 2016? Back to the future status, huh?

Joking aside, I had my local T-Mobile store say they had replacements Note 7s on September 17th 2016. So I swapped out my original device for it. The exchange device has a manufacturers date of August 24th 2016 and the IMEI also came up as a defected model. So the date on when it was made does matter, but only to an extent.
Exchanged prior to 10/21 and new purchases after :)

screwhead728

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I got 3 replacement phones today.
Carrier: AT&T (corporate store)
Miami, FL
All made in Korea
manufacture date: 9/11/16 (2 black) 9/9/16 (blue)
Black square on the AT&T box

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie