Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Got my replacement Note 7 at Bestbuy today. VZW black one. Made in Korea. Green battery icon in notification bar and AOD display plus on power off display.

jpprice14

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Got my replacement Note 7 at Bestbuy today. VZW black one. Made in Korea. Green battery icon in notification bar and AOD display plus on power off display.
What's your manufacturer date? Mine is the 17th. I also have the green battery and check on the aod. Curious to when they started it.

jpprice14

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Had to post your pic on the other thread discussing cracked screen... it looks like a redesign to me but I have to look at pic of my buddies phone that cracked.
Sall good man. I can't follow all these threads. Lol. Let me know. I'm pretty sure my original went all the way to the edge. But I remember people complaining about the edge letting white light out. I'm guessing that's why they made the change.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone with a replacement noticed the screen doesn't go all the way to the edge anymore. Just realized my new note has the gold border around the side of the edges.

My Note's screen goes to the edge and there is no gold border around the side of the edges. I would check into your phone. If that was the case with other phones we would be hearing about it a lot.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My Note's screen goes to the edge and there is no gold border around the side of the edges. I would check into your phone. If that was the case with other phones we would be hearing about it a lot.
It's tough to see on a black phone but it appears mine also has a very thin black edge all the way around the screen as well. I can't say if it's new or not as I never paid any attention to that on my first one. My black edge is part of the glass/under it.

hou33guy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
7811 main st, houston,tx, yesterday on the 19th, build date is 9/10/16, a black square on barcode top center now, att here

Inevitable Flux

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
So, I don't have the green battery icon, does that mean they have me an old note 7?

I'd like to know that too. I'm guessing the green battery icon is perhaps only indicated with either specific retailers/carriers or after a certain build date? It would be nice to have some consistency however.
Just picked mine up today from AT&T corporate store. Build date 9/8/16, made in Korea, no green battery icon.
Update: Installed the software update & green battery icon is present!

Marcjcd

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Got my replacement this afternoon about an hour before AT&T sent out the "replacements are in" text. Returned the loaner S7E for a black note (my original preorder purchase was the silver version). The only thing the S7E made me think about was changing the color to black. Besides that the S7E was, in my opinion, not even close to the Note 7. My AT&T experience took about 2+ hours (based mostly on the fact that the place was full with fools ordering iPhone 7's for delivery sometime next millennium). Once I finally was up to speak to a REP it was smooth sailing except for transferring my info from the S7E to my new Note 7 which took about 40 minutes. That all said, I cannot be happier to be back on the Note 7. It was a long 2 weeks with that S7E.

jpprice14

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Got my replacement this afternoon about an hour before AT&T sent out the "replacements are in" text. Returned the loaner S7E for a black note (my original preorder purchase was the silver version). The only thing the S7E made me think about was changing the color to black. Besides that the S7E was, in my opinion, not even close to the Note 7. My AT&T experience took about 2+ hours (based mostly on the fact that the place was full with fools ordering iPhone 7's for delivery sometime next millennium). Once I finally was up to speak to a REP it was smooth sailing except for transferring my info from the S7E to my new Note 7 which took about 40 minutes. That all said, I cannot be happier to be back on the Note 7. It was a long 2 weeks with that S7E.
I hated my loaned S7E. Luckily I only had it for 4 days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz