Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread

jpprice14

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
On your new Note 7, how about the back glass... is there a symmetrical border now too??
The whole back glass is gold. But now that you mention it i see that around the frame there seems to be a solid gold instead of textured. Never really looked that close at the original.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem.
I bought my phone at Best Buy

But what increased my problem was I paid my note off.
So Best Buy couldn't sell me a new phone unless I wanted to pay for it.
And At&T couldn't do nothing because I bought it at Best Buy.

Had to get it reversed. and the money put back on my credit card.

At&t said they only provide the wireless service to the phones.
They don't make them.
Samsung does.
And the money on the next plan goes to Samsung.

And you need to get your phone replaced where you bought it.
Best Buy,
Sams
Target
Or where ever.

Might make you think next time where you buy your phone.

Hate everybody had to go threw this. But things happen.

Yeh I'm contacting Samsung directly tomorrow since I just live chatted with them and they say they can help. Will see what they can do to expedite the 2 weeks Best Buy says it will take to get my replacement in stock. Also the fact that Samsung is sending out an update basically bricking existing Note 7s to 60% charge. Thats a no go.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeh I'm contacting Samsung directly tomorrow since I just live chatted with them and they say they can help. Will see what they can do to expedite the 2 weeks Best Buy says it will take to get my replacement in stock. Also the fact that Samsung is sending out an update basically bricking existing Note 7s to 60% charge. Thats a no go.
That's weird. My BB had a bunch of replacement Note 7s in stock when I was there today getting my replacement - in fact they had more ATT variants than any others.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I went in Best Buy yesterday and seen the person that was over the phones.
They pre registered me for a replacement Note 7 yesterday morning.

Yesterday afternoon. I got a email stating my replacement note 7 had come in.
I said to myself Wow !
Called the store and they said they had my name on a phone.
Would hold it for 8 days.
I was skeered that I might get the update on my phone knocking the battery down too.

I'm retired and I got on my problem and stayed on it.
Or I might not have a note yet.
I do know last nite that more phones started coming in.
They are coming in very slow oh.

Wish you luck Soldier 45

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I got the text message from AT&T on my way home from work. Stopped by the store and had no issues with the exchange. Took about 30 minutes for the data transfer.

No green battery indicator yet but probably tomorrow. Have to wait 19 hours to check for updates again.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Man it does sound like a redesign. Very cool if they listened and took opportunity to fix!! That would really address my major concern on this phone. Heck maybe it'll resist scratching more ;)

Now let's see what they do about the lag! :p

The whole back glass is gold. But now that you mention it i see that around the frame there seems to be a solid gold instead of textured. Never really looked that close at the original.

jpprice14

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Man it does sound like a redesign. Very cool if they listened and took opportunity to fix!! That would really address my major concern on this phone. Heck maybe it'll resist scratching more ;)

Now let's see what they do about the lag! :p
Lol. I hope so. I hate screen protectors. I'm not takin the chance tho. But I have never lagged after I turned my animation scales to 0 and deleted and disabled bloat :)

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Are we suppose to call the 1-844 number (t-mobile) and have them ship out the replacement phone to our local store or stop in and do the exchange there? The rep told me to call and have them shipped overnight the replacement phone and when they get it they will call me to let me know it's there. I also asked if I can switch colors and she said no. The color I have is the color I get. Booo!!! If I return it I should be able to pick out another color if I choose. After I am paying for it.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Verizon told me I had to wait til next Tuesday to get my replacement even tho they were available. Oh well. Lol. If you phone bill past due they won't exchange the phone. Recall or not.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to know that too. I'm guessing the green battery icon is perhaps only indicated with either specific retailers/carriers or after a certain build date? It would be nice to have some consistency however.
Just picked mine up today from AT&T corporate store. Build date 9/8/16, made in Korea, no green battery icon.
Update: Installed the software update & green battery icon is present!
I keep checking for a software update but mine says that it is up to date....no green battery.

jpprice14

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I think they started a certain amount for the states then broke off enough time to send brand new to korean customers before our 19th replacement date. Then resumed for yall. My baby is 4 days old.

AGC 1906

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Replacement phone received today

on a hunch I visited my my local Verizon store. They happened to have just received their stock of replacement notes. The exchange experience wasn't as bad as I anticipated. Sales rep was helpful, transferred my data and settings in the store and replaced my zagg screen protector at no charge. She asked if I brought with me the original box which I hadn't. They kept the replacement box sending me home with just the phone. including backup and transfer of data and apps the entire process took about an hour and 15 minutes. Be prepared to spend sometime in the store assuming you happen upon A competent store rep. Because my wife also has the coral blue I wanted to ensure they had an adequate supply on hand as she would you be able to make it into the store until tomorrow, the official replacement day according to the email I received. The clerk informed me of the phones received this particular store received approximately 8 in blue. Unfortunately I failed to ask how many phones total they received. Also worth mentioning, this representative gave me the option of choosing a different color phone other then the blue one I was turning in if I desired to swap colors.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995