First Lawsuit has been filed

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Am I bad person for being skeptical? The lawyer of course is acting like the recall is the first anyone heard of the issue, but the hysteria was way before that.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Am I bad person for being skeptical? The lawyer of course is acting like the recall is the first anyone heard of the issue, but the hysteria was way before that.

The first week of this being talked about there was a lot of confusion, and discussion on what folks should do.

Once this story broke into the mainstream media within a day or two was when the official recall took place.

Some of the carriers are still giving out wrong information about exchanging the phones. There was only 1 retailer that told it's customers to turn the phone off and not use it and that was Amazon. They didn't downplay this at all talking about how unlikely it would happen or how few of units were effected or anything else like that. They flat out said to shut them off and not use them and call them.

Is it really any wonder that this is happening? Even this site didn't immediately tell people to shut them off..

Lithium Ion batteries are dangerous and they don't have to be charging to catch fire..

Nope I'm not a skeptic that this could happen, not in the least.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It will get thrown out. I am on Samsung's side. They have done ever5rigjt to fix this. People shouldn't ignore a recall

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure there are plenty of erroneously filed lawsuits already. I'm sure the firefighter with the garage fire and jeep fire guy have had ambulance chasing lawyers on the case from day one.

All I want is my new replacement Note 7, new Gear VR headset and a 2017 Corvette. :p

EvEr34

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I found out the note was being recalled on this forum. Never received a call or text from my carrier. In other words if i did not read this forum or if I was not really up to date on news i would of never known about it. No scepticism here.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Always a few in the lot. Will end up unhappy with an Iphone 7 and a pocket full of cash which will be gone in less than a year. Stuck back at square one. Nothing to show for it. We will all get our replacements in time soon. No worries folks.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
It will get thrown out. I am on Samsung's side. They have done ever5rigjt to fix this. People shouldn't ignore a recall

Samsung, unfortunately, didn't follow the law and report the safety problem to the CPSC in a timely fashion. Beyond that, until the CPSC became involved, Samsung can be faulted for not first telling people to turn off their N7.

That should have been the first thing owners should have been told, instead of telling them just to exchange the phone, especially when replacements weren't immediately available.

I don't know the timing of this person's reported injury, but if it is related to the N7 and it happened before Samsung gave the turn off warning, I doubt this person's case will get thrown out of court.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I found out the note was being recalled on this forum. Never received a call or text from my carrier. In other words if i did not read this forum or if I was not really up to date on news i would of never known about it. No scepticism here.

i also have never received any form of communication from Verizon about the recall. i did receive the emails from samsung though.
i also am skeptical , but i am about everything.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Really? I got multiple notifications from both...

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Samsung, unfortunately, didn't follow the law and report the safety problem to the CPSC in a timely fashion. Beyond that, until the CPSC became involved, Samsung can be faulted for not first telling people to turn off their N7.

That should have been the first thing owners should have been told, instead of telling them just to exchange the phone, especially when replacements weren't immediately available.

I don't know the timing of this person's reported injury, but if it is related to the N7 and it happened before Samsung gave the turn off warning, I doubt this person's case will get thrown out of court.

Sounds like a case of grown ups not taking responsibility. No one had to tell me to turn my phone off when I heard there was a recall. I mean, OBVIOUSLY there must have been a problem if the company was recalling it. I hope the lawsuits get tossed, but they probably won't.

Media Warrior

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site

Tim Baxter says in this Samsung apology video they notified CPSC before starting the global recall...maybe some american bureaucratic official dropped the ball...just sayin.

https://img.us.news.samsung.com/us/...m-Baxter-Video-Messaging-on-Note7-updated.mp4

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

Wasn't that just speculation on Consumer report's part? We don't know if Samsung contacted CPSC before instigating their own recall and trying to mitigate damage before CPSC acted.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
America is a lawsuit happy country - so this and other lawsuits are inevitable. Before all of this stuff, people were already talking about class action lawsuits (favorite words of anyone who feels they have been wronged) because of how susceptible the gorilla glass was to scratches. Until we have real tort reform, we'll continue to see frivolous lawsuits mixed in with the serious ones.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not returning my phone because it doesn't affect mine, my phone doesn't get hot when charging so it's ok, my phone (insert more lame excuses) oh no my phone exploded I'm going to file a lawsuit against Samsung. It's a shame that our courts allow people to profit from stupidity.

Last edited:

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't that just speculation on Consumer report's part? We don't know if Samsung contacted CPSC before instigating their own recall and trying to mitigate damage before CPSC acted.

Regardless of when Samsung involved the CPSC, Samsung should have immediately warned people not to use a potentially dangerous phone. That should have been the first step. Had such a warning been issued and people heeded the warning, that should have ended further reports of fires.

Instead Samsung's first step was to issue a recall. It was nearly a week after that recall notice that Samsung finally told people not to use the phone.

Sure, not everyone would have heeded the dont use warning (many still won't ), but it might have gotten Samsung off the hook for damages that occurred after that warning. The plaintiff, however, might argue that they had little choice but to risk using his phone, because Samsung was so slow in supplying a replacement. Even now, most people won't have a chance to get a replacement until September 21st.

BTW, Consumer Reports did not just speculate that Samsung failed to file with the CPSC, before recalling the phones. They would have had no reason to voice a concern without first checking with the CPSC with whom they have a working relationship.

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Almost everything was conjecture and the media appeared to filter anything out that did not suit the narrative for news and hysteria. My wife listens to the Kim Commando show and over the weekend she parroted all the talking points from the media. Super Duper!

It will be interesting to see how many of the incidents are legit. A lot of people making statements and most having zero understanding of battery production. I guess they all slept at a Holiday Inn Express.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
i also have never received any form of communication from Verizon about the recall. i did receive the emails from samsung though.
i also am skeptical , but i am about everything.

I wonder how Verizon was pulling data to send messages to? I got more than one text message and at least one email from Verizon plus emails from Samsung.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It seems a lot of people fall for all you do it hire a lawyer and sue somebody.
If they believe that they never been in court with an attorney.
And don't know how the process works.