Loyal customers should be rewarded with 50% discount on note 8

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the only ones left from the pre-orders and who have already purchased should be reward with a voucher valid 2 years for 50 % discount on the note 8 or 9.we are taking a big risk re airports and have had a frustrating month or so. Alos I hope I'm wrong on this but they will not give this phone the full support like previous phone. I hope Samsung reads this. Also, we will have lost a lot of money due to terrible resell value (not to mention almost inevitable scratches I'm sure the next glass screens won't be gorrila glass 5.) Samsung support your strongest fans.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
They care enough that their first response is to issue a recall, unlike some other companies that might tell thier users than they are not holding the phone correctly or charging it right. They have responded far more proactively than one might expect from a few reports of battery problems.

And just imho, I would not consider some as my strongest fan for expecting freebies when I'm already on the hook for millions of dollars in service charges.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
To expect them to give more than $25 dollars per customer on a 1 mil phone recall, is just absurd. Do the math. They accounted for covering 25 million on top of the loss of initial sales and all the loaner devices they are eating. Plus they have the vr promo you can get for switching to an edge for a loaner, and most pre-order people got the watch or the 256 card. As a "fan", you should stand behind the brand and be greatful for anything more than a replacement that you do get from them to be quite honest. As much as I'd jump on a 50% coupon, I don't expect it in the least.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Wow. Entitlement runs amok around here. Is it such a pain in the *** to go to the Verizon store and get a refund or exchange it for a replacement unit in a couple of days that you need a huge gift for you to remain a customer?

I'm sure Samsung won't miss you if it is...LOL.

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Selfish to think it's all about "you"
Walk in Samsung's shoes and see how you think as a corporate CEO
Samsung has been extremely forthright on nipping this immediately and not trying to hide the problem.
The company has been great and has moved in a safe manner making sure replacements will be safe and can keep. Recalling all SOLD devices and not changing it.
Making sure we can switch temporarily and then can get our Note 7 back
I am happy and respect Samsung.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Dang auto.

What I was saying was they recalled all devices sold and not a select few. Not taking chances is what I wanted to say.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Selfish to think it's all about "you"
Walk in Samsung's shoes and see how you think as a corporate CEO
Samsung has been extremely forthright on nipping this immediately and not trying to hide the problem.
The company has been great and has moved in a safe manner making sure replacements will be safe and can keep. Recalling all SOLD devices and not changing it.
Making sure we can switch temporarily and then can get our Note 7 back
I am happy and respect Samsung.

I completely agree.

Also you can get your damn Gear VR if you switched out for a S7 or S7 Edge loaner and submitted the paperwork to Samsung as it's a current promotion. Plenty of people have already done this. The exchange process is basically a return/re-purchase so the system will show up as a new purchase. It's really not that hard to game this system without demanding things. Plus you'll get your $25 when you get the replacement unit.

Last edited:

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree.

Also you can get your damn Gear VR if you switched out for a S7 or S7 Edge loaner and submitted the paperwork to Samsung as it's a current promotion. Plenty of people have already done this. The exchange process is basically a return/re-purchase so the system will show up as a new purchase. It's really not that hard to game this system without demanding things. Plus you'll get your $25 when you get the replacement unit.
This^^^ and don't forget about an additional $10 for using samsung pay on the s7 series......

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the only ones left from the pre-orders and who have already purchased should be reward with a voucher valid 2 years for 50 % discount on the note 8 or 9.we are taking a big risk re airports and have had a frustrating month or so. Alos I hope I'm wrong on this but they will not give this phone the full support like previous phone. I hope Samsung reads this. Also, we will have lost a lot of money due to terrible resell value (not to mention almost inevitable scratches I'm sure the next glass screens won't be gorrila glass 5.) Samsung support your strongest fans.
Yeah...and the next day, greedy "customers" sell them for $800. Samsung will only do so much to offset the headache. If you have a good Note7, you should be able to sell it no problem. If you are ONLY worried about resale value, buy an iPhone.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeah...and the next day, greedy "customers" sell them for $800. Samsung will only do so much to offset the headache. If you have a good Note7, you should be able to sell it no problem. If you are ONLY worried about resale value, buy an iPhone.

Yep. Banking on resale values as a factor for buying any piece of electronic equipment is pretty ridiculous. The reason why iPhones hold their value so well is not because of the electronics but in their position of being a global status symbol that keeps demand up, sort of like LV purses.

I hope that Samsung would just treat all defective Note 7s as stolen items and deactivate all of them based on IMEIs. That'll reset the second-hand market for US phones and stabilize resale values if you're into that sort of thing.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think at this point, the people that make these decisions are more concerned if they will have a job in a few months. Probably not a lot of strategic good will thoughts right now. Two billion and counting loss has to have some accountability firings and layoffs. G&A has to be reduced to cover the loss.

If it goes how most other companies roll, the actual culprits that facilitated the problem would be unscathed.

Leilan

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, all of the most profitable businesses conform to that and just give things away... Wait..

Yeah there's no chance (or reason) that they would do this. "Loyalty" is a choice

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to think that the folks who's devices actually had batteries burst would get some form of slight compensation, free phone etc, but the rest of us deserve nothing. We were given the opportunity to return the device no questions asked after the standard return window, some carriers offered loaner phones (which will cause them to potentially lose some money selling as refurb), and Samsung is offering a 25 dollar bill credit. All we had to do was make a phone call and/or go to the store. My life wasn't drastically impacted by this, and if your phone didn't explode, neither was yours.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I think we are being a little unrealistic here. When you purchased the phone to begin with, You received a gift worth around 150-175$. Absolutely free. Didn't ask for shipping or anything. So you already pretty much had incentive to buy. Now as much as it pained you with this recall.. Think about what it cost them to man up and take responsibility.. They had to recall 2.5 million phones. Which means each and every carrier that sold a unit had to be reimbursed. In some form or fashion. They also had to be paid at least something for all the stress it put on the carriers staff at all its locations.. Fielding CONSTANT phone calls from customers and walk-ins, Replacement phones that someone had to pay for.. ( For those that got it. ) Refunds for those who returned their phones, And moved to something else. If you asked me. I think samsung lost a lot. Oh BTW that measly 25$ adds up to a lot.2.5 million x 25$. Oh, and damn, I al most forgot the law suits that are more then likely coming their way.

But, Damn, you had to deal with knowing you had to get a phone replaced. For free and a gesture for you time making another trip to the store, while you impatiently waited for a new release date for a phone that will not burn down your house or car. Let's be a little more forgiving. Or the next time you make a mistake and it cost you a ton. ( and I mean yourself not who you work for ) don't forget to keep adding to their benefit while you take a huge loss..

That's my opinion as I'm glad to just be able to get a phone I like that is working as it should. :)

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I think we are being a little unrealistic here. When you purchased the phone to begin with, You received a gift worth around 150-175$. Absolutely free. Didn't ask for shipping or anything. So you already pretty much had incentive to buy. Now as much as it pained you with this recall.. Think about what it cost them to man up and take responsibility.. They had to recall 2.5 million phones. Which means each and every carrier that sold a unit had to be reimbursed. In some form or fashion. They also had to be paid at least something for all the stress it put on the carriers staff at all its locations.. Fielding CONSTANT phone calls from customers and walk-ins, Replacement phones that someone had to pay for.. ( For those that got it. ) Refunds for those who returned their phones, And moved to something else. If you asked me. I think samsung lost a lot. Oh BTW that measly 25$ adds up to a lot.2.5 million x 25$. Oh, and damn, I al most forgot the law suits that are more then likely coming their way.

But, Damn, you had to deal with knowing you had to get a phone replaced. For free and a gesture for you time making another trip to the store, while you impatiently waited for a new release date for a phone that will not burn down your house or car. Let's be a little more forgiving. Or the next time you make a mistake and it cost you a ton. ( and I mean yourself not who you work for ) don't forget to keep adding to their benefit while you take a huge loss..

That's my opinion as I'm glad to just be able to get a phone I like that is working as it should. :)

And let's not forget to THANK the people who lost a ton of sleep and a ton of money making sure you are safe to sleep with your phone next to you. And I really mean this whole post in the nicest way possible. And it's not directed at any certain person as we all have the right to what we feel is fair.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power