Loyal customers should be rewarded with 50% discount on note 8

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I think we are being a little unrealistic here. When you purchased the phone to begin with, You received a gift worth around 150-175$. Absolutely free. Didn't ask for shipping or anything. So you already pretty much had incentive to buy. Now as much as it pained you with this recall.. Think about what it cost them to man up and take responsibility.. They had to recall 2.5 million phones. Which means each and every carrier that sold a unit had to be reimbursed. In some form or fashion. They also had to be paid at least something for all the stress it put on the carriers staff at all its locations.. Fielding CONSTANT phone calls from customers and walk-ins, Replacement phones that someone had to pay for.. ( For those that got it. ) Refunds for those who returned their phones, And moved to something else. If you asked me. I think samsung lost a lot. Oh BTW that measly 25$ adds up to a lot.2.5 million x 25$. Oh, and damn, I al most forgot the law suits that are more then likely coming their way.

But, Damn, you had to deal with knowing you had to get a phone replaced. For free and a gesture for you time making another trip to the store, while you impatiently waited for a new release date for a phone that will not burn down your house or car. Let's be a little more forgiving. Or the next time you make a mistake and it cost you a ton. ( and I mean yourself not who you work for ) don't forget to keep adding to their benefit while you take a huge loss..

That's my opinion as I'm glad to just be able to get a phone I like that is working as it should. :)

Well said👏👏👏👏😎

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I was just referring to the loyal customers that have stayed and waited for Samsung to sort all this out.
Looking at the articles I found it amazing how many people have switched to iPhone 7 and if my phone is delayed too much longer I may change to another phone. I think Samsung should if offered more if an incentive to their existing base. Knowing the nite 7 will have a stigma. Let only pre-ordered customers get a discount on the note 8.

Also read this. If Samsung stated 50% discount if you buy and keep the note 7 for least till note 8 comes out.
http://m.myinforms.com/en/a/4154689...alaxy-note-7-recall-over-exploding-batteries/

They would of kept a million customers. Maybe more. Once lost its a lot more difficult to get them back. Sure I feel sorry for Samsung. But in other countries they have not handled it too well it's a global problem. In many countries there were no free gifts. Also in many countries the iPhone 7 cost almost the same.

Last edited:

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Taking a big risk?? You run a bigger risk getting hit by car, struck by lightning, etc. Samsung isn't responsible for your assumed resale value or your levels of frustration...

Wow...

I think the only ones left from the pre-orders and who have already purchased should be reward with a voucher valid 2 years for 50 % discount on the note 8 or 9.we are taking a big risk re airports and have had a frustrating month or so. Alos I hope I'm wrong on this but they will not give this phone the full support like previous phone. I hope Samsung reads this. Also, we will have lost a lot of money due to terrible resell value (not to mention almost inevitable scratches I'm sure the next glass screens won't be gorrila glass 5.) Samsung support your strongest fans.

7AndTRT

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I think the only ones left from the pre-orders and who have already purchased should be reward with a voucher valid 2 years for 50 % discount on the note 8 or 9.we are taking a big risk re airports and have had a frustrating month or so. Alos I hope I'm wrong on this but they will not give this phone the full support like previous phone. I hope Samsung reads this. Also, we will have lost a lot of money due to terrible resell value (not to mention almost inevitable scratches I'm sure the next glass screens won't be gorrila glass 5.) Samsung support your strongest fans.

Wait, so let me understand this...

You want a 50% off voucher for next years phone because:

1) you're taking a big, self inflicted risk at airports and while using the phone that has been ordered returned, because you have chosen to continue using a phone that the president of Samsung US practically begged you by video to turn off and turn in, so you're ignoring the order and endangering others and want a reward for that

2) you are losing money on the resale value of a phone - something Samsung likely hates anyway since the person buying your phone could have bought their own new one directly from Samsung

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, I kinda thought it was odd that Sammy gave all people waiting on pre-order only free VR gear headset for the "inconvenience" in delay on order... while others dealing with an exploding phone lol.

But I agree with ajb1965, you don't deserve any major compensation unless your phone actually did explode and cause damage to person or property. It's an inconvenience to swap but they are giving you a new system.

But... to offset the customers lost to other phones and to get people to consider them... they should offer heavy discounts to new buyers! :) I mean, it's a $900 productivity phone and prohibited from turning it on in an airplane where as a businessman is a traveling office at times. I'm hoping my corp account rep will see that and discount these phones a little more once sales resume.

I was just referring to the loyal customers that have stayed and waited for Samsung to sort all this out.
Looking at the articles I found it amazing how many people have switched to iPhone 7 and if my phone is delayed too much longer I may change to another phone. I think Samsung should if offered more if an incentive to their existing base. Knowing the nite 7 will have a stigma. Let only pre-ordered customers get a discount on the note 8.

Also read this. If Samsung stated 50% discount if you buy and keep the note 7 for least till note 8 comes out.
iPhone 7 sales may top 100 million thanks to Galaxy Note 7 recall over EXPLODING batteries | Myinforms

They would of kept a million customers. Maybe more. Once lost its a lot more difficult to get them back. Sure I feel sorry for Samsung. But in other countries they have not handled it too well it's a global problem. In many countries there were no free gifts. Also in many countries the iPhone 7 cost almost the same.

Netguysc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd be happy if they would not allow the carriers to put their boat on the phone. If Apple can tell the carriers no, then why can't samsung?

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd be happy if they would not allow the carriers to put their boat on the phone. If Apple can tell the carriers no, then why can't samsung?

Samsung needs to appease the carriers even more because they are the ones purchasing the phones. Carriers are just reselling them with added software and features hoping that consumers will pay for extra services.

Carriers make huge deals with Samsung to pay for millions of phones up front. Based on sales and customer satisfaction reports from the previous model, they can justify that there is a demand for a type of phone and will want to provide the next model to its customers.

If carriers buy the phones from Samsung, they in fact own the phones and can resell them with added apps. I'm sure there is some legal wording in the contract that says the carrier can only brand the device and add apps, not change touchwiz or the hardware.

Apple can tell the carriers what they want on Iphone because they are in a position to do so. There are no other phones that offer iOS because it belongs to Apple. If the carrier said, "No, we're not going to sell the iPhone because you won't let us do what we want." they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The fact that Samsung let us keep the free stuff they already gave us and put us in another position to get more free stuff if we decided to get the s7 is more than enough compensation. The 25 off the bill I would assume comes from the cell carriers. I was told by att that it wasn't their fault that the phone has those problems. So basically you're lucky you can get a loaner phone and credit because they don't have to do anything . right now I just want a working none potentially exploding phone. Lol

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
50% off the Note 8 is too much IMO.

If you consider yourself a loyal customer, you'll have to explain what you think you deserve (within reason), and even then, there's no guarantee.

If you want more from your carrier, contact their customer retentions and share your story. IF you feel that you've been greatly inconvenienced, then maybe you'll score a discount or additional bill credit. YMMV.

If you want more from Samsung, contact their executive customer relations and share your story. Keep in mind all the stuff you've been given, as they know how much they've given to Note 7 owners and take it from there. Maybe you can get your Samsung + status elevated to gold or something, maybe even platinum if you're a blogger or prominent YouTuber. Try to get some type of waiver on Protection Plus service where you could get free insurance coverage for a year.

This is where I think early adopters of the Note 7 may be able to benefit. Don't think $$$ off Note 8, but getting more support for the Note 7. Additional coverage so you can maybe skip carrier insurance for 24 months ($200).

In other words, there are ways to get more, but you have to work towards them. Explain yourself and be a reasonable negotiator. Don't demand anything because they'll shut you down quickly.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Completely disagree. I think that they should be rewarded by receiving a free replacement for their defective device when they turn the defective device in.

JohnT3

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
At first I disagreed with the greed. On second thought, Samsung should be making us feel better so we can brag to our friends about all the cool stuff we got "that made it so worth it" when they make fun of our exploding phones.

But I do agree that Samsung is taking a huge hit on this already.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what percentage of sales the USA represents but probably less than 50 percent. In most countries where people pre-ordered the phone it still has not arrived and Samsung has not issued a date yet. The pre ordered free gifts were available in some countries only but only on reciept if their phones. So you have a massive number of eagerly awaiting customers with no date of delivery (I'm currently based in Thailand a massive base for them where they are number one. There's advertising everywhere for the note 7 all the stores have the accessories but no phone even the Samsung shops can't give a date I've been told next week or November. As a result many people in Asia have given up out of frustration and ordered other phones plus a lot of people who had not pre-ordered but wanted the phone will just buy a different brand as in most of Asia the phone is banned in some form or other on most of the airlines. That's why I think Samsung must do something dramatic to keep these customers even a date would help. In the USA it's a different story free gifts and you have the phones and now new ones. But not even a delivery date here is not good marketing and they will lose thousands maybe millions of customers here in Asia as a result.

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Loyal customers are already being rewarded/compensated very well.

Old Note7
--- $175 - Free S2 Promo
--- $ 20 - Samsung Pay Promo
--- $ 5 - Dunkin Donuts Promo
--- $ 5 - Samsung Pay Referral Promo

S7 or S7 Edge Loaner
--- $100 - Samsung Gear VR Promo
--- $ 10 - Samsung Pay Promo

New Note 7
--- $25 Accessories Credit from Samsung

That's $350 worth of goodies from a single $850 purchase.

ie a 41% return on investment

You aren't getting that from Apple or any other manufacturer, for that matter.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Loyal customers are already being rewarded/compensated very well.

Old Note7
--- $175 - Free S2 Promo
--- $ 20 - Samsung Pay Promo

S7 or S7 Edge Loaner
--- $100 - Samsung Gear VR Promo
--- $ 10 - Samsung Pay Promo

New Note 7
--- $25 Accessories Credit from Samsung

That's $350 worth of goodies from a single $850 purchase.

ie a 41% return on investment

You aren't getting that from Apple or any other manufacturer, for that matter.

Great add up on freebies. Only thing is Samsung pay doesn't support all banks and cards. So that's not something everyone can redeem everything else is spot on.

I'd even add those that were able to keep their n7 box full of headphones, fast charging adapter/cable, otg cable, USB adapter, and stylus tips equals to $30 or more.

The OP does bring up a good point about software support. That does have me worried especially if the s8 comes out in January. If that happens it will feel like Samsung is trying to make people forget about the N7 and would they really invest in updates for the phone? The FAA thing will blow over hopefully or people use any phone on take off and people will use N7's and other phones on plane.

Regardless I love my soon to be replacement N7 and I don't think the gear VR promo being timed around s7/edge replacements was coincidental. Clever Samsung. They might even do it again when N7s go on sale officially but past the replacements date so we don't triple dip on freebies :D

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Great add up on freebies. Only thing is Samsung pay doesn't support all banks and cards. So that's not something everyone can redeem everything else is spot on.

I'd even add those that were able to keep their n7 box full of headphones, fast charging adapter/cable, otg cable, USB adapter, and stylus tips equals to $30 or more.

The OP does bring up a good point about software support. That does have me worried especially if the s8 comes out in January. If that happens it will feel like Samsung is trying to make people forget about the N7 and would they really invest in updates for the phone? The FAA thing will blow over hopefully or people use any phone on take off and people will use N7's and other phones on plane.

Regardless I love my soon to be replacement N7 and I don't think the gear VR promo being timed around s7/edge replacements was coincidental. Clever Samsung. They might even do it again when N7s go on sale officially but past the replacements date so we don't triple dip on freebies :D

Not to mention that you can register each device on Samsung Plus and earn points towards Silver or Gold status.