uk Carphone Warehouse does not take your Safety seriously

gcsprojects

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Tried to take my Note 7 back to store today but told as it has a small crack on top of phone that they could not, i told them its a safety recall so it did not matter what condition the phone was in as yourselves and samsung told me to bring it back but No , So i left with my "un safe" phone in my pocket. I have emailed head office for the reasoning and Samsung , It goes to show that they don't . Hopefully mine will explode and i can sue there arses! Love the phone but hate the company .

nappies

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Thats strange as the CPW I went to today the manager said it didn't matter if it had a mark on it as I was due to swap it today but now been told 21st Oct so when I mentioned about marking it as they can't give me a replacement phone he said don't worry about it.

Dealz417

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Thats strange as the CPW I went to today the manager said it didn't matter if it had a mark on it as I was due to swap it today but now been told 21st Oct so when I mentioned about marking it as they can't give me a replacement phone he said don't worry about it.

It shouldn't be the 21st October. As far as i know 21st Oct is the placeholder date for when the Note 7 should be available for purchase again. I called 2 CPW stores that are close by and 1 told me they have around 2000 allocation of replacement Note 7 at the warehouse that should arrive today or tomorrow in store, The other CPW store wasn't sure about similar information but arranged for a replacement Note 7 to be delivered to them tomorrow that i can go and collect.

gedzum

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Yeah the replacements should be due this week. I returned mine to the store yesterday and they booked the replacement for delivery this week. The store also offered a loan device but I decided to turn it down since I didn't want to set up a new phone then delete all my stuff over a few days. Just went back to Note 4 for now.

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Carphone Warehouse in Barnsley (mayday green) seemed to have no clue as to when the replacements arrive. The guy on the phone said I could have an S6 as a loaner but went on to say it was not likely my phone would burn up because of the low amount of phones that have already. He just said they will be in touch when a replacement was available.

nappies

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
They ordered my replacement last week and it showed on their system next day. I went to collect and they have said and showed me their system which said 21st Oct.

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Got the warning from Samsung this evening that tomorrow they will be updating my device so that it will only charge to 60% so I should exchange it for the loan phone from cw now. Ooooo I'm scared!

Dealz417

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I've taken off auto updates so hopefully they can't force the update

It's a forced update, at least for me it was.

I pickup up my replacement yesterday from my local CPW (ordered next day replacement by the store), It has the black square symbol on the box but the battery icon was the original white out of the box.

I ran a few manually software update checks yesterday but nothing was available, I always turn off auto download/update for software and app updates.

This morning i woke up and saw my phone had restarted i thought oh damn my phone randomly rebooting during the night but after putting in my pin for sim lock i saw the green battery icon and a notification about the update.

looks like they are forcing this update on every Note 7.

nappies

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine done a forced update and now want charge above 60%, I'm passed off with my CPW as I ordered the replacement last week which showed next day and now shows 21.10!

Dealz417

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Mine done a forced update and now want charge above 60%, I'm passed off with my CPW as I ordered the replacement last week which showed next day and now shows 21.10!

I'd be pissed off too, I found out on the day of collection that I was actually very lucky, they told me that they had no more at the warehouse and they are expecting more by the 21st Oct.

I guess if they had ordered the replacement any later the previous day I'd still be waiting now.

I'm not sure how your local CPW messed it up since they ordered yours a week before the 19th.

gedzum

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Oh wow I'm not liking the sound of that and I turned mine in after you. I'll try following up with my local store soon. Really hope it's before then because I will be away from the 19th October.

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
It seems like the staff are looking at the restocking date when the Note 7 will be sold again and are unaware of REPLACEMENT arrangements which appears to be as soon as a batch appears on the computer you book one for the customer who has returned their old one.

gedzum

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Yeah possibly. I went to my local store today and they told me there could be delivery this afternoon or tomorrow. Would be nice to get it back for this weekend. Fingers crossed it will be there

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I didn't want to have to say this, but I was on the phone to CPW all morning 2 weeks ago. At first they said no to the £50, then I managed to get redirected and spoke to a nice sounding lady who took my bank details and told me £50 would be in my account between 3 to 5 working days.
Pre-order customer by the way.
Come the next week, Friday nothing in my account so I phone them back. They have it on their system, but there was an error and they need my bank details again. This time I am give a Transaction Reference Number and told to wait 3 to 5 business days…
Well yesterday, Friday, nothing.
I recall them again. This time I am told it didn't go through, was sent back or something and they will redo it. I am given another Reference Number and this time told it can take up to 14 days to go into my account...

Carphone Warehouse *profanity expletives!!!*

Not only this, but I have phone 3 local stores during the past week to see if they have any Note 7's in stock. The majority of the calls, 0340 numbers or something I am on hold for about 15,20 minutes to be greeted by a recorded "Due to high call volume we cannot take your call, good bye"
And then I have checked my bill, inclusive minutes, I have been charged £20!!!!!!
I AM LIVID, HAD ENOUGH OF THESE COWBOY *EXPLETIVES*!!!

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Tried to take my Note 7 back to store today but told as it has a small crack on top of phone that they could not, i told them its a safety recall so it did not matter what condition the phone was in as yourselves and samsung told me to bring it back but No , So i left with my "un safe" phone in my pocket. I have emailed head office for the reasoning and Samsung , It goes to show that they don't . Hopefully mine will explode and i can sue there arses! Love the phone but hate the company .

I think it is totally justified for the retailer to refuse your damaged phone as an exchange.

They will now limit your charging capacity to 60% so you have a functioning phone.

What they perhaps could offer you is a replacement for the cost of a screen repair, probably around 300 quid.

Would you take them up on that?

traynor1987

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
02369a5efac7e18343961ee62971cce6.jpg

My phone downloaded the update without my permission. That was last wednesday, still haven't updated, every time it tries to download I turn my phone off, turn it back on and then ring 191 so it thinks I'm using my phone which will postpone the update for 24 hours.

Hence more than 60% charge :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR