I am tired of reading people bashing Samsung. I will use Samsung over Apple anytime any day. I am forced to use iPad at work. But if I had my choice,it would be Samsung.
    This issue with the Note7 needs to rest. Replacements are within a day or so. Samsung acted quickly and took no chances deciding to recall all the devices sold.
    Those who are still negative on the company should look at other companies and their recalls... how they handled them. Why think Samsung hasn't acted in the best interest of their customers?

I love their products. Their technology is the best. Their iris scanner is veins watched by others. They have been asked to help implement with other companies to help their security be better.
    I highly recommend Samsung. Always will.
    09-18-2016 04:18 PM
    I am tired of reading people bashing Samsung. I will use Samsung over Apple anytime any day. I am forced to use iPad at work. But if I had my choice,it would be Samsung.
    This issue with the Note7 needs to rest. Replacements are within a day or so. Samsung acted quickly and took no chances deciding to recall all the devices sold.
    Those who are still negative on the company should look at other companies and their recalls... how they handled them. Why think Samsung hasn't acted in the best interest of their customers?

I love their products. Their technology is the best. Their iris scanner is veins watched by others. They have been asked to help implement with other companies to help their security be better.
    Because we got a lot of drama queens here.
    shaleem, Preach2k, Jona005 and 2 others like this.
    09-18-2016 04:22 PM
    Well said, thank you for putting it out there. I agree wholeheartedly!
    TamRae65 and Carlo Villa like this.
    09-18-2016 04:23 PM
    Getting old very quick huh? Makes me not read some of the topics anymore.
    jayp1306, mmsean, shaleem and 1 others like this.
    09-18-2016 04:24 PM
    unfortunately today some a lot fell that life owes them.
    I hope soon we can get back to more relevant topics like software and applications.
    Just glad I dont work in the Cellular retail business and half to catch the Negativity first-hand
    Amele likes this.
    09-18-2016 04:27 PM
    unfortunately today some a lot fell that life owes them.
    I hope soon we can get back to more relevant topics like software and applications.
    Just glad I dont work in the Cellular retail business and half to catch the Negativity first-hand
    I sold wireless for 5 yrs I can relate to that very strongly
    09-18-2016 04:32 PM

Samsung is a superb company and responded honorably in calling home the first batch of Note 7's in spite of inconsistent communication, the carrier chaos and the late coordination with the CPSC.

Their conduct will be a case study for years to come both in the boardroom and business academia. Remember, no organization has ever had to navigate a recall this large on a global basis.

With 72 billion in cash equivalents on their balance sheet, including 21 billion in cash, the company will weather this and continue to be the largest maker and seller of smartphones in the world.

The Note 7 is a superb smartphone, and I can't wait to have my 2.0 version, sleek Black Note 7 later this week.
    Preach2k, TamRae65, Ca_lvn and 5 others like this.
    09-18-2016 04:39 PM
    Because Samsung has beat us to the hell and back with this Note 7 fiasco.

I'm pretty sick of it myself.
    09-18-2016 04:41 PM
    A lot of negativity comes from the fact that people can't process how their precious $900 can have anything wrong with them and are looking at outlets to vent our their frustration. Never mind stepping back and looking at the big picture. Which is a potentially dangerous issue has been found and it's up to everyone (Samsung, CSPC carriers, and consumers) to take these phones off the market ASAP to mitigate risk for injury and property damage. Return/exchange programs, notifications, emails, and media frenzy have been in place since the first week of September, which is actually pretty amazing considering the sheer volume of phones sold. Yet people choose to be drama queens and talk about their own issues due to an inability to think for themselves (the simplest thing to do would've been just to return the damn phone for a refund two weeks ago and be done with it) and would rather wade in angst and uncertainty on an internet forum hoping for sympathy, discussing things like how great their phone is and how nothing is wrong, how confusing the return/exchange process is when in actuality is simpler than buying a phone outright, demanding gifts for just being socially responsible and returning them, etc. It's actually hilarious.
    lsmith9523 likes this.
    09-18-2016 06:25 PM

OK I'll bite.

People are negative, because they have a frigging right to be negative. This is a public forum and you need to take the good with the bad. There will always be some people who are never happy no matter what.. Learn to deal with it.

There was a boat load of issues with the phone prior to the battery fires that has been shoved to the back burner and still needs to be seen if any have been resolved.

There are a lot of people who don't like the direction Samsung has taken the Note 7. They don't want curved screens or glass backed phones.

You want everything all peaches and creme and you'll never get it to be like that.

Are people po'd... Absolutely and since they are if you don't like opposing viewpoints don't read them, because they have just as equal right to be stated.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-18-2016 06:55 PM
    Who in Canada has stopped or is paranoid to continue using there Note 7 ?? Also has there been any major incidents with the note 7??
    09-18-2016 06:57 PM
    I will never understand people who feel that they are owed special treatment. Guess what ...the customer is NOT always right. Sometimes the customer is a horses' behind. Samsung handled this situation extremely well, in my opinion. What more could they have done? It's really quite simple. If you don't like a product, then don't use it. If you have something against a particular company, I would hope you have a valid reason. I mean, something other than they didn't kiss your behind. Finally, does anyone honestly think that the phone they use defines who they are as a person? Do some people really believe that anyone cares what phone, or notebook, or computer they use? If they do, then they have deeper issues to be dealt with. After all, they are just phones, etc., not the answer to all of life's questions. Speaking just for myself, I could not care less what anyone thinks of my choices and I do not give anyone's choices a second thought either. Now, before I climb down from my soap box, let me just say that I can't wait to get another Note 7!
    Preach2k, Ca_lvn and cardboard60 like this.
    09-18-2016 06:58 PM
    I will never understand people who feel that they are owed special treatment. Guess what ...the customer is NOT always right. Sometimes the customer is a horses' behind. Samsung handled this situation extremely well, in my opinion. What more could they have done? It's really quite simple. If you don't like a product, then don't use it. If you have something against a particular company, I would hope you have a valid reason. I mean, something other than they didn't kiss your behind. Finally, does anyone honestly think that the phone they use defines who they are as a person? Do some people really believe that anyone cares what phone, or notebook, or computer they use? If they do, then they have deeper issues to be dealt with. After all, they are just phones, etc., not the answer to all of life's questions. Speaking just for myself, I could not care less what anyone thinks of my choices and I do not give anyone's choices a second thought either. Now, before I climb down from my soap box, let me just say that I can't wait to get another Note 7!
    Me as well. Love the Note7
    09-18-2016 07:02 PM
    OK I'll bite.

People are negative, because they have a frigging right to be negative. This is a public forum and you need to take the good with the bad. There will always be some people who are never happy no matter what.. Learn to deal with it.

There was a boat load of issues with the phone prior to the battery fires that has been shoved to the back burner and still needs to be seen if any have been resolved.

There are a lot of people who don't like the direction Samsung has taken the Note 7. They don't want curved screens or glass backed phones.

You want everything all peaches and creme and you'll never get it to be like that.

Are people po'd... Absolutely and since they are if you don't like opposing viewpoints don't read them, because they have just as equal right to be stated.
    A boatload of issues ????
    09-18-2016 07:05 PM
    A boatload of issues ????
    Read the forums prior to the battery issues
    09-18-2016 07:06 PM
    OK I'll bite.

I get what you are saying but if they don't want curved screens or glass backed phones then maybe they should look elsewhere. Just saying😊
    09-18-2016 07:32 PM
    Prior to the battery issue no issue. Still on my phone now No issues. Will trade it in on Wednesday with No issues!
    Jewels81 and Katrina White1 like this.
    09-18-2016 07:46 PM
    I don't feel negatively towards samsung nor do I feel an urge to defend them. They make stellar products and I would use them over any other OEM. They've had a checkered past like many other billion dollar companies. They're big boys and can take a hit. They have enormous budgets for marketing and PR. Let's just stick with the love/hate for the products. They'll be fine. BTW I love my Note 7 and will get it over and over again
    09-18-2016 07:51 PM
    The biggest mistake (after poor QC on a make or break flagship device) was not enlisting the CPSC immediately once a recall was deemed appropriate and necessary.
    09-18-2016 08:23 PM
    I think people complain because they can. I come here to look for fixes and up to date info. If a "complainer" has an issue that I have, I follow it for advice. The others get missed. I'd like for people to say "I'm experiencing this issue, how can I fix it". But inevitably there are the "my phone only got 6 hours SOT. This is a pos phone, Samsung is trash, never again..."

In a device this price, I expect to get a premium user experience. If I don't get what I expect, I'll just move on. It doesn't make the phone trash, it just means it's not the phone for me.

Samsung has been for me for the past 7 or so years. Haven't looked back.
    Jewels81, ajb1965 and delynnie like this.
    09-18-2016 08:48 PM